onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Askey out!

81 minutes to make a change when we have Pope, Cullen and Rodney on the bench and quite clearly the game was going nowhere? Sick to the back teeth of him. We have the squad but I'm believing less and less that he's the man to get the most from it.

Got to agree we were struggling didn’t look like scoring and he waits till 10 mins from the end to make his  1 st sub unbelievable 

Advert

It’s just <ovf censored>. We create next to nothing every single game. We only score from set pieces. Losing today early in the second half, why not change it. What’s the point in having forwards on the bench when we don’t use them? Or leave it until that 80th minute before doing anything 

Fitzpatrick was good at the weekend, back to what I’ve seen every other game. Not great. Whitehead was rubbish again. Just stop picking him, I’m unsure what he’s actually there for? What does he have on the manager? He has to be our most pointless and worst player for some time. Garbage and shouldn’t be playing at this level  

Really poor again. Can’t see us finishing above mid table 

That was a disgrace, non of the players turned up, Cambridge were no better than we were. Long high balls an inability to carve the opposition open and yet again no goals in open play. Nothing in the final third when it matters. Down to 13th and although early in the season its an early warning league one remains a distant dream.

8 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I’d also say Fitzpatrick is alright as cover, but he’s not good enough to be starting and Monty should definitely be playing LB before him.

And whilst Whitehead wasn’t bad today he also wasn’t good, didn’t really do anything of note and I’d give Burgess another go next game.

Whitehead was woeful. What game were you watching? At one point he literally took 3 touches to try to control the ball and still managed to run it out of play. We would have been better off playing the game with 10 men. He looks like a Sunday league player. Absolute <ovf censored>!

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

Disappointing result however much better peformance today...probably one fo the best of the season. Passing was much better, played at a higher temp than we have seen so far and I thought we responded really well to going a goal down.

Lost our way a little in 2nd half but I'm very frustrated JA doesn't do anything to affect the game once we had lost control.Instead we wait for the customary 80th minute before making a change.

Don't understand how Whiteahd managed to stay on the pitch so long. He kept losing his battle with his man in the midfield (lost him for the 2nd goal) and when he received the ball his control was terrible. I know Burgess has struggled to impact the games so far but he must be better option than him.

I agree about the tempo..in the first half. It went to pot in the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Whitehead was woeful. What game were you watching? At one point he literally took 3 touches to try to control the ball and still managed to run it out of play. We would have been better off playing the game with 10 men. He looks like a Sunday league player. Absolute <ovf censored>!

It’s like playing 12 v 10 he’s consistently the oppositions best player. Absalute garbage footballer that will no doubt start the next game 

Ummmm....

1 goal in 4 games from open play and now, it seems, conceding. Not encouraging at all.

Easy with hindsight, but I’d have gone 5-3-2 personally as I mentioned post-Salford. Just don’t think we’ve got the wide players for 4-3-3 nor the midfield for 4-4-2.

Either way, I think it’s imperative we win on Saturday because this is already starting to feel like a very uninspiring start.

Well that was a dreadful second half.

Joyce was abysmal tonight, and showed everything I don't like about him. When your sole playmaker is so deep, negative and can't pass a ball, you know you're in trouble.

Whitehead looked like a competition winner.

Worrall once again poor on both crossing and shooting.

Legge had a rare poor game for me. Why oh why does he think he's Franco baresi all of a sudden, sending those long high balls that always get headed straight back?

Our final third entry needs fixing and fixing fast. Like I've said before, we could have Messi up top and he wouldn't score with the dreadful service we produce.

Finishing - Not sure we have that area sorted.

Defence - Fell a sleep at times.  But again showed why they were the best defence in the league.

Midfield - Well there was some there.

Subs - Not sure Askey and Co had their watches on tonight.  How can subs change anything with 10 minutes to go.  

This side is a mid table side at the moment.

Cambridge were the better team in the box and showed how to score.

I thought we did ok apart from the lack of finishing - at least as many chances as Cambridge

We only went long towards the end and for the most passed it around as well as Cambridge did

What they had were runners from deep for quick breaks and however good Clark is they ran around him 2nd half several times. I think he’s better at left than right back

Also, Worrall has to be the worst set-piece taker ever to pull on a Vale shirt. What is this <ovf censored>, floaty cross he does time after time after time? Whip it in with a bit of pace you little <ovf censored> bell end! His performances this season have been laughable for a player that's supposedly one of the best players in the league. Right now I'd question whether he's the best player in his home. Him and Askey are ruining me. 

Archived