Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great result today. The back five produced an absolute masterclass to restrict the most expensive attack in the league to very few clear-cut chances. Good to see Joyce and Conlon back, even though Tom

I Do agree with Rob . Phil Bowers is. a true vale fan . And I do think. He says what he see’s . I do enjoy Listening to Phil . On Radio sJoke . 

When talking about being solid, I’m talking about the team (especially the defence) were solid.  From reading the comments during the match I feel that Whitehead has been unfairly scrutinised bec

Posted Images

If we get the whole team at 90% plus then we will do ok ! Once one or two drop there standards we are in trouble. We cannot carry passengers all need to perform to there best if we are going to have success.  

• Like 1

I'd go back to what I think the best team is of the fit players. Goalkeeper, defence and midfield picks itself and a front 3 who I think have done the best so far this year:

Brown

Clark Legge Smith Monty

Joyce

Manny Conlon

Worrall Cullen Rodney

• Like 3

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Is doesn't have to be really to get out of this league?

I agree.

I'm just thinking that Salford want to be stylish. They're clearly prepared to buy there way as far up the pyramid as possible.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Hov said:

I'd go back to what I think the best team is of the fit players. Goalkeeper, defence and midfield picks itself and a front 3 who I think have done the best so far this year:

Brown

Clark Legge Smith Monty

Joyce

Manny Conlon

Worrall Cullen Rodney

I'd go along with that,although I worry about Manny completing ninety minutes.We need to keep Henderson quiet and get back to doing what we do best when we play 4-3-3.

• Like 2

I'd go along with that,although I worry about Manny completing ninety minutes.We need to keep Henderson quiet and get back to doing what we do best when we play 4-3-3.

I worry about Manny completing 9 minutes never mind 90
  • Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 12:43, Jacko51 said:

Alexander sacked, Scholes appointed as interim manager.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:52, The man in the pub said:

Wow they are currently 5th !!!

It will be a Hard game  on Saturday Vale . Please give it all you have got . And give our vale  Fan . Some thing to  be proud of .((  Come the Vale ))

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 14/10/2020 at 12:40, darren1810 said:

Think you are being really harsh on Worrall Tyler.

As a collective the whole team have been average to poor for the last 3 games. 

Last season ( yes i know last season is history) wasn't he second behind De Bruyne for assists. He has possibly got away with it because of the Amoo injury he has no competiton for his place almost. Were Amoo fit Rodney or Montano could go left and Amoo right.

Rather than pick out individuals the whole team needs a kick up the proverbials. I've read people slating McKirdy who has maybe touched the ball 5 times in his Vale career.

Legge gave an horrific back pass, Clark got skinned a couple of times, the whole team are culpable for the drop in standards.

Worrall remains one of our best players who is going through a real dip in form.

I agree he's one of our better players. But he needs to start standing up and showing it asap. I've said on numerous occasions that we have League Two players and they are allowed bad games here and there, and they are allowed dips in form. But I don't believe that even with Amoo fit that Askey would consider dropping Worrall for even one game just as long as he was fit, and that's my biggest issue. I'd love nothing more than for him to get a couple of assists tomorrow and the man of the match award and for him to shut up me.

But after three poor performances on the bounce by the team in the league, and the last one an absolute shambles, my confidence is well and truly shot. I fully expect us to lose tomorrow which will be 1 point from 12. That would be a ridiculously poor return for what we would all consider our best side and squad for years. We'll see.

I think we can definitely win tomorrow though it is going to be difficult against an expensively created Salford.

But what I do want to see is a team that goes out there as if it means to win, plays with pace and tempo, and takes it to the opposition. It would also help if we showed a bit of nous and tactical awareness, with the older players taking the lead. We may win, we may not but that would go a long way for me to show that we are back on track.

Don't think that's too much to ask!

• Like 2

I agree. I'm fully expecting a reaction. Askey's interview today had the feel of someone determined to show us, rather than talk. Strikes me as the time he's at his best.

No prediction re the result, but the level of performance will be up there.

• Like 4

If I was Askey I'd name the team today that gives them all night get fired up and ready give nothing but 110 per cent to the club the badge and more importantly the fans as long as them wonderful selfless owners of ours .

Make no mistake about it every players performance will have to upped to above themselves and way above what was produced v Carlisle as Salfords a really good team and will be top six come season end .

Team well I don't watch them train and I have no idea who is at it but you can look superb in training yet matchday be nervous and poor .

Worrall seems like a player who needs a crowd there to perform to me judging on what I have seen of the games I've watched on ifollow  

No fans there is a great demotivater and I get that but we need to have  every player at it tomoz I'd start with Pope up top on his own because it's simple you get the right quality in to his feet and head and he as proved time and time again he is a top player .

I'd start with this side ,

BROWN 

Right back Whitehead 

Centre halfs Legge Smith 

left back Clark 

Joyce holding midfielder 

Conlon roaming midfieldergetting beyond Popey 

Oyeleke pass master and controller of game 

Amoo if fit he is the man who creates all things which are great about Vale ,scores too 

Montano my favourite player is capable of destroying Salford on his own will light up Vale park tomoz always sticks in my mind his run v Chesterfield when down to ten men 2-1 win a few years back 

Pope already stated what's what with him he fights he works hard two text book headers tomorrow for the lad from crosses by ex Salford right back Whitehead.

Sometimes you just got to outwit the opposition 

COME ON Vale will pay me tenner even though I'm a ten ticket buyer and watch it on ifollow  

I

23 hours ago, For Us All said:

Some may say completing nine minutes.  😉

The physio's and coaches should look at why some of our players seem to pick up injuries.  It can't be bad luck all the time.  You can understand some of the injuries when the players get them through tackling and being taken out by other players.  But when bombing down the lines and then pulling up with injuries, it is very worrying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Brown 

Clark 

Fitzpatrick 

Joyce 

Legge 

Smith 

Worrall 

Conlon 

Pope 

Burgess 

Montano 

Not sure what burgess and Fitzpatrick have done to deserve a start. Pope isn’t good enough to be our number 1 forward anymore.