onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Going to put it out there but I’m not convinced Rodney is the answer (on the flank anyway). I’d go with the Oyeleke, Conlon and Joyce three and McKirdy and Woz out wide (assuming no Amoo).

Striker is a conundrum, we didn’t create a thing after Pope went off, but Salford won’t be as solid set up as other opponents so Cullen probably edges it it fit.

Rodney seems better as an impact sub at this stage. He is lightening fast but struggled to impact the past 2-3 games.

Advert

4 hours ago, TylerB said:

My main point about Worrall being that if he was anyone else people would be wondering why the hell he hasn't been benched yet. And it's 5 games as he was hardly outstanding in either of our two league victories. In fact I thought his overall play against Crawley was garbage. Literally couldn't pass the ball 5 yards at times. As a wide player this season, what has he created for his team-mates so far?

In fairness we won the first 2 games and drew the third so why change things and since then JA had little choice but to play him due to other players being unfit. 

13 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

In fairness we won the first 2 games and drew the third so why change things and since then JA had little choice but to play him due to other players being unfit. 

As long as he's fit, Askey won't drop Worrall just as long as they've both got holes in their arses. We all know that. Hopefully he puts in a big performance on Saturday and finally shows what he's all about after a handful of games this season. But as a wide player in a side that won't score a lot of goals, he really needs to start creating more and getting on the scoresheet himself.

37 minutes ago, TylerB said:

As long as he's fit, Askey won't drop Worrall just as long as they've both got holes in their arses. We all know that. Hopefully he puts in a big performance on Saturday and finally shows what he's all about after a handful of games this season. But as a wide player in a side that won't score a lot of goals, he really needs to start creating more and getting on the scoresheet himself.

Think you are being really harsh on Worrall Tyler.

As a collective the whole team have been average to poor for the last 3 games. 

Last season ( yes i know last season is history) wasn't he second behind De Bruyne for assists. He has possibly got away with it because of the Amoo injury he has no competiton for his place almost. Were Amoo fit Rodney or Montano could go left and Amoo right.

Rather than pick out individuals the whole team needs a kick up the proverbials. I've read people slating McKirdy who has maybe touched the ball 5 times in his Vale career.

Legge gave an horrific back pass, Clark got skinned a couple of times, the whole team are culpable for the drop in standards.

Worrall remains one of our best players who is going through a real dip in form.

I’d go back to basics for this one. However, as everyone has alluded to, the front three combination is problematic. 

Brown

Clark Legge Smith Monty

Joyce 
  Manny/ Burgess Conlon

Worrall  Rodney McKirdy 

Time for McKirdy to show what the hype is about. If not, a worrying signing. Also, time to give Rodney a chance down the middle- we’ve tried everyone else with limited success, so might as well. 

Bit downbeat about Vale on the field at the moment as it’s looking like Askey has got a few signings wrong. However, Amoo and Manny will make a big difference if ever fit. Let’s try and be positive, and hope playing the better teams brings the best out of us. UTV. 

I'd go back to what I think the best team is of the fit players. Goalkeeper, defence and midfield picks itself and a front 3 who I think have done the best so far this year:

Brown

Clark Legge Smith Monty

Joyce

Manny Conlon

Worrall Cullen Rodney

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Is doesn't have to be really to get out of this league?

I agree.

I'm just thinking that Salford want to be stylish. They're clearly prepared to buy there way as far up the pyramid as possible.

7 hours ago, The Hov said:

I'd go back to what I think the best team is of the fit players. Goalkeeper, defence and midfield picks itself and a front 3 who I think have done the best so far this year:

Brown

Clark Legge Smith Monty

Joyce

Manny Conlon

Worrall Cullen Rodney

I'd go along with that,although I worry about Manny completing ninety minutes.We need to keep Henderson quiet and get back to doing what we do best when we play 4-3-3.

Guest Vale at home
On 12/10/2020 at 12:43, Jacko51 said:

Alexander sacked, Scholes appointed as interim manager.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:52, The man in the pub said:

Wow they are currently 5th !!!

It will be a Hard game  on Saturday Vale . Please give it all you have got . And give our vale  Fan . Some thing to  be proud of .((  Come the Vale ))

Archived