onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Think this is the life of a Vale fan - never easy.  Looks like the opposition will sneak a win and then out of no where we score and rob 3 points.  

JA and Co will say they knew the side would win and the fans are wrong.

Yes the players kept going and that is good, but we still look like a side lacking striker confidence.

Bring on Cambridge.  

Advert

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Best attack in the league currently (going by goals for) against the best defence. Considering I thought Luke Hannant was bang average (but likeable) for us and he starts for them every week, and they have the former Macclesfield striker Ironside up top who I never thought was up to much, they must have some cracking players elsewhere!

Luke Hannant was a likable lad thats for sure. I think when he came to Vale and got all the attention that comes with it that didnt suit him, or should I say suited him too much.😉

Great result, back to basics at 433 which is, like it or not, our formation.

we were a little toothless upfront but, last 8 mins aside, they certainly were not bombarding us showing how well the defence played!

Big shout out to Fitzpatrick who is the lazy mans boo boy but showed why he is here today. Kept one of the highest paid players in the league quiet.

Tuesday will be a good game, we play better against team to attack us which you will assume Cambridge will.

1 minute ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Luke Hannant was a likable lad thats for sure. I think when he came to Vale and got all the attention that comes with it that didnt suit him, or should I say suited him too much.😉

👱‍♂️👩‍🦳👩‍🦱🍻🚗💥

Good win by the Vale, kept plugging away. Scott Brown exemplary yet again. Not a fan of Devante Rodney playing as a lone striker through the middle, he looks much more effective playing wider on the left in a 4-3-3.

Would love to know what went through JA's mind viz the substitution and its timing, can't argue with the decision cause Theo was involved in the build up to the goal and generally did well when he came on.

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Great result, back to basics at 433 which is, like it or not, our formation.

we were a little toothless upfront but, last 8 mins aside, they certainly were not bombarding us showing how well the defence played!

Big shout out to Fitzpatrick who is the lazy mans boo boy but showed why he is here today. Kept one of the highest paid players in the league quiet.

Tuesday will be a good game, we play better against team to attack us which you will assume Cambridge will.

Lazy mans boo boy...?!

I think he’s been poor (hence why he’s revived criticism).  However was excellent today. I still prefer Monty there due to the threat going forward. 

We got a result through hard work, good defending and finally taking a chance. Montano lost his personal battle all afternoon and I was surprised he was still on. He deserves massive credit for keeping going and taking the chance. Worrall on springs at the back post for the knock down. Whitehead much better this week. Brown 10 out 10 in goal, and he obviously has supernatural powers when strikers have open goals. 

Would be nice to see more goals, but I'll take that thank you. Salford's first defeat, 3 points, ending the mini-slide and another clean sheet. Can have a good evening and nice Sunday now!
agree. Take 3 points, our defence deserve it. Goalie, Clarke, Smith and Legge are surely the best 4 defenders in this Division. I'll enjoy my red wine now. If only we had an attack..............

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Lazy mans boo boy...?!

I think he’s been poor (hence why he’s revived criticism).  However was excellent today. I still prefer Monty there due to the threat going forward. 

I did agree with IronC with his post, but I actually meant to say what you have put above. He played superb today, best game hes had for us. He has been poor other games.

4 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Good win by the Vale, kept plugging away. Scott Brown exemplary yet again. Not a fan of Devante Rodney playing as a lone striker through the middle, he looks much more effective playing wider on the left in a 4-3-3.

Would love to know what went through JA's mind viz the substitution and its timing, can't argue with the decision cause Theo was involved in the build up to the goal and generally did well when he came on.

I think Rodney needs to be allowed to wander. His strength and pace is then really useful in mobile situations. But in a Pope like role he isn't as good. Maybe he will improve at that.

17 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

He was a tidy enough player and always put in a shift. But he wasn't creative and doesn't really offer much of a threat going forward. I looked at the 11 Cambridge had out today and wasn't overly impressed with it on paper. But clearly they are effective as a team, and their forward Mullin is currently having a purple patch.

Archived