onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

On the positive side we are much better than last week, but we look toothless up front. I’m not sure what Bircahall was on about with Worrall and Clarke but apart from that cross at the end of the half (that Whitehead should have done better with) I don’t think we’ve been created enough down there. The same goes for the left hand side too. The penalty was a massive let off and an unbelievable miss that will be replayed for years to come. But we shouldnt have been in that position, I thought we were too lax on that side in allowing their left back in and we didn’t press the ball with enough urgency. These are looking to release players quickly down the flanks but in the main we've contained them fairly well. Our biggest problem is hitting the target. Monty and Rodney have drifted out as the half went on. Whitehead doesn’t offer us enough at the moment either. 

Much better half than last week but still short of the killer pass and finish. Nevertheless, should have scored through Smudge and Whitehead. No idea why Whitehead is playing further forward than Conlon. If either of Whitehead's chances had have fallen to Conlon we'd be ahead. 

Thought Clark and Worrall have played well down the right. Fitz has had a great half but still yet to form an understanding with Monty.

Everything to play for second half.

PS Jake Taylor not doing too well - two down at home to Cambridge 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

It's not an elbow though it's a body check. 

I'm not seeing this Salford are con men as a few are saying. Nothing that controversial gone on and the penalty was nailed on 

Who said elbow?

It's a deliberate foul off the ball. FK at least. It Smith had done it he'd be going in the book. It drives me <ovf censored> mad. 

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d take whitehead off 100% for burgess. Fitzpatrick off (not done anything wrong) move Monty to left back and bring pope in. Rodney out wide pope up top and get Domenic crosses in 

I do hate picking on individuals but you are right Whitehead is poor again. He looks like he is wearing lead boots . 

Archived