onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

On 14/10/2020 at 12:40, darren1810 said:

Think you are being really harsh on Worrall Tyler.

As a collective the whole team have been average to poor for the last 3 games. 

Last season ( yes i know last season is history) wasn't he second behind De Bruyne for assists. He has possibly got away with it because of the Amoo injury he has no competiton for his place almost. Were Amoo fit Rodney or Montano could go left and Amoo right.

Rather than pick out individuals the whole team needs a kick up the proverbials. I've read people slating McKirdy who has maybe touched the ball 5 times in his Vale career.

Legge gave an horrific back pass, Clark got skinned a couple of times, the whole team are culpable for the drop in standards.

Worrall remains one of our best players who is going through a real dip in form.

I agree he's one of our better players. But he needs to start standing up and showing it asap. I've said on numerous occasions that we have League Two players and they are allowed bad games here and there, and they are allowed dips in form. But I don't believe that even with Amoo fit that Askey would consider dropping Worrall for even one game just as long as he was fit, and that's my biggest issue. I'd love nothing more than for him to get a couple of assists tomorrow and the man of the match award and for him to shut up me.

But after three poor performances on the bounce by the team in the league, and the last one an absolute shambles, my confidence is well and truly shot. I fully expect us to lose tomorrow which will be 1 point from 12. That would be a ridiculously poor return for what we would all consider our best side and squad for years. We'll see.

Advert

I think we can definitely win tomorrow though it is going to be difficult against an expensively created Salford.

But what I do want to see is a team that goes out there as if it means to win, plays with pace and tempo, and takes it to the opposition. It would also help if we showed a bit of nous and tactical awareness, with the older players taking the lead. We may win, we may not but that would go a long way for me to show that we are back on track.

Don't think that's too much to ask!

I agree. I'm fully expecting a reaction. Askey's interview today had the feel of someone determined to show us, rather than talk. Strikes me as the time he's at his best.

No prediction re the result, but the level of performance will be up there.

23 hours ago, For Us All said:

I'd go along with that,although I worry about Manny completing ninety minutes.We need to keep Henderson quiet and get back to doing what we do best when we play 4-3-3.

Some may say completing nine minutes.  😉

The physio's and coaches should look at why some of our players seem to pick up injuries.  It can't be bad luck all the time.  You can understand some of the injuries when the players get them through tackling and being taken out by other players.  But when bombing down the lines and then pulling up with injuries, it is very worrying.

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Some may say completing nine minutes.  😉

The physio's and coaches should look at why some of our players seem to pick up injuries.  It can't be bad luck all the time.  You can understand some of the injuries when the players get them through tackling and being taken out by other players.  But when bombing down the lines and then pulling up with injuries, it is very worrying.

Might something to do with doing yoga classes after training

I have no idea what team or what the result will be, because the last three games have been a massive let down, particularly the lack of goals. 

I think team wise: 

Brown

Smith-Legge-Brisley-Clark

Conlon-Joyce-Burgess

Worrall-Cullen-Monty

This is on the basis of that Amoo and Manny are not fit, but I have to say in the case of Manny, I’ve largely given up now. Excellent player, but his body clearly cannot take the pressures of pro-football. 

I think we are better when we have two out and out wide men so have chosen to put Monty there and Clark LB. Rodney to miss out as I just don’t see him as a winger and I don’t think Askey will play him centrally.

Result-wise, I just don’t see us winning tomorrow, and think a draws about as good as we can hope for.

Brown

clarke / Legge / Smith / monty

Burgess / Joyce / conlon

Worrall / Pope / Rodney 

it’s the old football cliche but I think we need to get back to basics. Joyce, Conlon and Smith back in. 

Without knowing who’s fit in midfield it’s tough to pick. If mannys fit do we chuck him in after an injury or just ease him in? Without him who plays out of burgess and whitehead? Neither of them have set the world alight.

Equally in the front 3 I don’t think Mckirdy or Amoo are there yet either. For the striker I’d play Popey today to put it amongst their centre halves and rely on the wingers and fullbacks to get up the pitch. 

Archived