onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

31 minutes ago, jonti1969 said:

What are the odds of them getting that new manager bounce against us on Saturday

After the  last performances, Vale players should be aware of this and really up the tempo that's sadly missing at the moment.I would revert to 4-3-3 with a team that will push on.Otherwise feed them cold outdated pies😂😂😂

Must be back to basics for this one.  Back to the 433, no brainer.  The big problem JA has is who plays up top.  He had no choice but to pick Theo for the last game, after 2 goals in midweek.

I'm not normally one for naming sides but you'd have to think Smith will replace Crookes, who didn't really do much wrong on Saturday, but the Smith / Legge pairing is proven.  Clarke and Monty shoo-ins at FB.  If Oyeleke is fit he'll play.  Conlon and Joyce I'd guess most fans would say were surprising ommisions on Saturday.  Plus Burgess hasn't quite found the form from end of last season yet.  McKirdy could be worth a start but the front 3 for me would be Rodney, against his old club, Wozza, not hit top form yet but still works harder than anyone.  At home I'd choose Cullen to start centrally over the others, at least for a few more games, in the belief that we will improve our passing quality into him sooner rather than later.

It's sad that the fans aren't back in for this one, I'd think we'd be ripping the roof off against one of the favourites.  Hopefully the staff can build the game up so that the players feel the same way and up their performances from here on in.

18 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Must be back to basics for this one.  Back to the 433, no brainer.  The big problem JA has is who plays up top.  He had no choice but to pick Theo for the last game, after 2 goals in midweek.

I'm not normally one for naming sides but you'd have to think Smith will replace Crookes, who didn't really do much wrong on Saturday, but the Smith / Legge pairing is proven.  Clarke and Monty shoo-ins at FB.  If Oyeleke is fit he'll play.  Conlon and Joyce I'd guess most fans would say were surprising ommisions on Saturday.  Plus Burgess hasn't quite found the form from end of last season yet.  McKirdy could be worth a start but the front 3 for me would be Rodney, against his old club, Wozza, not hit top form yet but still works harder than anyone.  At home I'd choose Cullen to start centrally over the others, at least for a few more games, in the belief that we will improve our passing quality into him sooner rather than later.

It's sad that the fans aren't back in for this one, I'd think we'd be ripping the roof off against one of the favourites.  Hopefully the staff can build the game up so that the players feel the same way and up their performances from here on in.

Burgess hasn't quite found form? He's been dreadful. Wozza not hit top form? Another who's performances this season have been a massive let down so far, and how he gets a place in our side every week regardless when we're supposed to have a strong squad is anybody's guess. Well, he's an Askey favourite, so it's not a guess really. As a wide player that has little pace and doesn't ever beat a full-back, Worrall in current form is one of the biggest culprits why we've registered about 5 shots on target in 3 league games. Let's start calling a spade a spade instead of trying to sugar coat performances and form.

There isn't a lot wrong with our defence overall, whoever we play there. It's in the final third where we are lacking.

I reckon most of us would indeed probably say that our best three in midfield are Oyeleke (who we badly miss), Joyce and Conlon, so stick with them unless loss of form/injuries occur.

Up front is the real conundrum where we have seven players to fill three places and I guess we'd all have three different picks because there isn't a lot between them. How many of them are 100% match fit is another question. I'm not sure that McKirdy is. Nor 1-2 others. And, sadly, Amoo, who gives us some pace, isn't anywhere near at the moment.

Worrall does look out of sorts. Busy as ever but no real spark to his play yet. He's normally a first pick but maybe could be rested and put on the bench. Montano could play on the left if others are not yet quite ready. Rodney could switch to the right. And then it's perm one from three in the centre. I favour Pope but others will disagree.  I like a target man in this league. But that will only work if we get players around him and our midfield players get close to him. 

It'll be interesting to see who Askey goes for. Our hardest game yet, on paper.

6 hours ago, TylerB said:

Burgess hasn't quite found form? He's been dreadful. Wozza not hit top form? Another who's performances this season have been a massive let down so far, and how he gets a place in our side every week regardless when we're supposed to have a strong squad is anybody's guess. Well, he's an Askey favourite, so it's not a guess really. As a wide player that has little pace and doesn't ever beat a full-back, Worrall in current form is one of the biggest culprits why we've registered about 5 shots on target in 3 league games. Let's start calling a spade a spade instead of trying to sugar coat performances and form.

Nowt wrong with a bit of sugar.

Can't really offer much defence for Burgess other than on Saturday he was always going to struggle in the system we played.

Wozza, "for a player that has little pace and doesn't ever beat a full-back", does OK if you judge him over more than just 3 games.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Nowt wrong with a bit of sugar.

Can't really offer much defence for Burgess other than on Saturday he was always going to struggle in the system we played.

Wozza, "for a player that has little pace and doesn't ever beat a full-back", does OK if you judge him over more than just 3 games.

My main point about Worrall being that if he was anyone else people would be wondering why the hell he hasn't been benched yet. And it's 5 games as he was hardly outstanding in either of our two league victories. In fact I thought his overall play against Crawley was garbage. Literally couldn't pass the ball 5 yards at times. As a wide player this season, what has he created for his team-mates so far?

Also want to mention that I'm not trying to make Worrall a scapegoat. But as one of our better players he needs to do more. But how long do we give him until we say enough is enough and that by actually benching him and showing him he's not un-droppable is the only way for him to hopefully regain something like the form we know he is capable of? At the moment the effort is there but the quality is nowhere to be seen.

Archived