Just so we're all clear, when you say 'John's car', you actually mean his car?

My bad for moaning and groaning and throwing the toys out the pram. Most football fans are as fickle as they come sometimes and that includes myself. A good win on Saturday and I'll be wanting to wash John's car first thing Sunday morning no doubt.

Advert:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Askey and think he has done a good job since taking over and wouldn't want to judge him untill end of the season. However I think the last three games are worrying because in all three games we

Hate posts like this. This is a forum. It is where football fans discuss football. Bore off

I think what we have forgotten is he came in to a club where players were turning up drunk to training eating leftovers and he had 2 players banned for failing drug tests. Yes he's slow with his subs

30 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Am I the only person who thinks that John Askey looks like a broken exhausted man on the verge of crying?🤔

If I was a Vale manager, I'd feel the same.

Advert:

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Am I the only person who thinks that John Askey looks like a broken exhausted man on the verge of crying?🤔

No. I think he is more like a bathroom installation expert who does an excellent job for a premium price and is used to explaining to people why he's more expensive than the bloke down the road.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wrex said:

No. I think he is more like a bathroom installation expert who does an excellent job for a premium price and is used to explaining to people why he's more expensive than the bloke down the road.

That is a fantastic, but slightly unusual, analogy.  Well done sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

You're right. He looks very very tired.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just been looking at Askeys stats as not really looked before,now considering where the club was and the players he had in the first 6mths,he has managed 75 games---won 30---drawn 22---lost 23 with a win ratio of 40% i really cant understand the Askey knocking tbh,yes he leaves subs late but look at how we were and what we had,knock the stats off for the season he came half way through then with his own players i bet they look even better.

• Like 3

Since the start of last season, when Askey was able to start building his own squad, we have played 46 games - a full season's worth.

Played 46  Won 19  Drawn 16  Lost 11  Points 73

Play offs - no problem!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Since the start of last season, when Askey was able to start building his own squad, we have played 46 games - a full season's worth.

Play offs - no problem!!

Excellent post Jacko, thank you, as that should shut the Askey bashers up!!

• Like 1

On 28/10/2020 at 19:36, Jacko51 said:

Play offs - no problem!!

And just think how good those stats would have looked if we hadn't conceded so many stupid last minute goals last season. 

• Like 1

On 28/10/2020 at 19:36, Jacko51 said:

Play offs - no problem!!

All league games? If so, just scraping play offs then. 

Advert:

18 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

All league games? If so, just scraping play offs then. 

All league games. The record improves  as you move forward - to the extent that we are four points better off than this stage last year. 

• Like 3

"And just think how good those stats would have looked if we hadn't conceded so many stupid last minute goals last season. "

Ability to see the game out is where we have greatly improved this season we kept the ball really well the lat 10 mins on Tuesday

3 hours ago, dishydave said:

"And just think how good those stats would have looked if we hadn't conceded so many stupid last minute goals last season. "

Ability to see the game out is where we have greatly improved this season we kept the ball really well the lat 10 mins on Tuesday

Particularly Scott Brown who is becoming a legend for running the clock down. Others do it , about time we also indulged.