• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Askey and think he has done a good job since taking over and wouldn't want to judge him untill end of the season. However I think the last three games are worrying because in all three games we

Hate posts like this. This is a forum. It is where football fans discuss football. Bore off

I think what we have forgotten is he came in to a club where players were turning up drunk to training eating leftovers and he had 2 players banned for failing drug tests. Yes he's slow with his subs

Are we going to be going back to last season half way through this one still?

Villa were woeful last season and survived by the skin of their teeth. This season under the same manager they are currently flying. Football can change quickly.

Edited by TylerB

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Are we going to be going back to last season half way through this one still?

Villa were woeful last season and survived by the skin of their teeth. This season under the same manager they are currently flying. Football can change quickly.

You're countering your own argument  🤔😂

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You're countering your own argument  🤔😂

Not at all. My point is that we can't keep banging on about last season. Worrall was great last season, so what? Does that somehow mean that he's less <ovf censored> this season just because of what he did many months ago? Yeah, he's a decent player at this level and will no doubt come good again. But that doesn't mean his performances can't be questioned. And the same thing applies to Askey. I've been his biggest fan here but if people think the last few games are just a minor blip and they genuinely aren't worried about how performances have quickly fallen... As a League Two side I'm realistic and accept that we will lose games here and there no matter how strong our squad is on paper. But if Salford beat us, and I expect them to because I really don't think we're just going to suddenly decide to turn up full of confidence, then that will be 1 point from the last 12. Let that sink in for a moment.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Someone put be proactive not reactive ,choose your team and if a few are not doing what should be doing replace them however if 8or 9 are not doing the job then you have a problem as

we aren't good enough have 6/7 players not at it .

The last few  league games apart from Browny has anyone performed to the level what's expected of themselves never mind the manager ,look at yourself players and show more desire on and off the ball .

Rodney disappears can see why Salford got rid of him ,Robinson is not as good as he thinks he is as when the chips are down he hides also ,they would both be benched if was the manager .

Worralls at this present time  no where near his best I'd remove him from the team also ,no one is undropable his performances are underwhelming. 

Theres 3 of your front players struggling there and throw in Mckirdy who as done nothing up to yet to get me out of my couch and you can see why the fans are unhappy .

Carol is doing a sterling job off the pitch however on the pitch is what will create the money and the support to maintain the longevity of the club so we need every player to step up  to the level required,as we need every fan who can afford pay there tenner and watch the games on ifollow to if your not a season ticket holder (they have already paid )to do likewise .

Thats more like it FFIDG,far better than your last post about closing club down.Some very good points here about certain players not performing to the level we expect.The newbies are not really good enough at the moment but time will tell.Gibbons was getting loads of abuse on here and by Sproson last season,but look how well he's performed prior to his bad injury.I am still puzzled by that McKirdy signing as he's done nothing to inspire us .Time to step up lads!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Thats more like it FFIDG,far better than your last post about closing club down.Some very good points here about certain players not performing to the level we expect.The newbies are not really good enough at the moment but time will tell.Gibbons was getting loads of abuse on here and by Sproson last season,but look how well he's performed prior to his bad injury.I am still puzzled by that McKirdy signing as he's done nothing to inspire us .Time to step up lads!!

I thought Gibbo had a pretty good season last season bar a couple of dodgy games. Certainly one of the more consistent players I thought. But on the other hand as we all know Sproson has it in for certain players that aren’t his. He even did it to Clarke on Saturday. Granted Clarke wasn’t at his best but he didn’t warrant some of the crap Sproson was coming out with. 

• Like 3

I like Askey and think he has done a good job since taking over and wouldn't want to judge him untill end of the season. However I think the last three games are worrying because in all three games we should have made formation changes after about 30 mins. Saturday it was obvious 442 wasn't working and the midfield was overwhelmed. The week before was the opposite after 30 mins we had so much of the ball could have easily go two up top and probably gone to an attacking 352.  I think a higher league manager would have made changes during the matches and not let them drift in the way we have done over the last few weeks.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought Gibbo had a pretty good season last season bar a couple of dodgy games. Certainly one of the more consistent players I thought. But on the other hand as we all know Sproson has it in for certain players that aren’t his. He even did it to Clarke on Saturday. Granted Clarke wasn’t at his best but he didn’t warrant some of the crap Sproson was coming out with. 

Spot on,he even blamed Clarke for a mistake that he was nowhere near.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 16:14, CambridgeDon said:

...This season he’s been outwitted now on three occasions...

Hardly outwitted...it wasn't anything Carlisle did that caused a sitter of a header to be missed, nor a penalty...and the subsequent follow-up! Those two go in and it's, undeniably, a different game. Missing both clearly gave them more confidence. I don't blame JA for making changes, at any time - with so many players capable of playing in more than one position, and of similar abilities, changes may be made for any number of reason - physical or mental - and these known to the coaching staff, only. I thought it was quite an adventurous team...and going two up early on would have shown that. Missing just one player of those we would consider to be first choice can totally affect the dynamic of the team - missing at least 3 is bound to have an effect unless their replacements step up...and, equally obvious is that some of our players haven't yet reached their standards of last season. Is this because of playing with different personnel? - could be! Or it could be, yet again, any number of unknown factors. It's early doors - we're better off than this stage last season, and I believe our squad is better. Give it time - let's not start looking for a new manager, yet, FFS!!!!! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Hardly outwitted...it wasn't anything Carlisle did that caused a sitter of a header to be missed, nor a penalty...and the subsequent follow-up! Those two go in and it's, undeniably, a different game. Missing both clearly gave them more confidence. I don't blame JA for making changes, at any time - with so many players capable of playing in more than one position, and of similar abilities, changes may be made for any number of reason - physical or mental - and these known to the coaching staff, only. I thought it was quite an adventurous team...and going two up early on would have shown that. Missing just one player of those we would consider to be first choice can totally affect the dynamic of the team - missing at least 3 is bound to have an effect unless their replacements step up...and, equally obvious is that some of our players haven't yet reached their standards of last season. Is this because of playing with different personnel? - could be! Or it could be, yet again, any number of unknown factors. It's early doors - we're better off than this stage last season, and I believe our squad is better. Give it time - let's not start looking for a new manager, yet, FFS!!!!! 

Who's looking for a new manager ?

• Like 1

He dropped Joyce changed formation and lost us the game.
  • Like 2