onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

TylerB

4 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought Gibbo had a pretty good season last season bar a couple of dodgy games. Certainly one of the more consistent players I thought. But on the other hand as we all know Sproson has it in for certain players that aren’t his. He even did it to Clarke on Saturday. Granted Clarke wasn’t at his best but he didn’t warrant some of the crap Sproson was coming out with. 

Spot on,he even blamed Clarke for a mistake that he was nowhere near.

Advert

On 11/10/2020 at 16:14, CambridgeDon said:

...This season he’s been outwitted now on three occasions...

Hardly outwitted...it wasn't anything Carlisle did that caused a sitter of a header to be missed, nor a penalty...and the subsequent follow-up! Those two go in and it's, undeniably, a different game. Missing both clearly gave them more confidence. I don't blame JA for making changes, at any time - with so many players capable of playing in more than one position, and of similar abilities, changes may be made for any number of reason - physical or mental - and these known to the coaching staff, only. I thought it was quite an adventurous team...and going two up early on would have shown that. Missing just one player of those we would consider to be first choice can totally affect the dynamic of the team - missing at least 3 is bound to have an effect unless their replacements step up...and, equally obvious is that some of our players haven't yet reached their standards of last season. Is this because of playing with different personnel? - could be! Or it could be, yet again, any number of unknown factors. It's early doors - we're better off than this stage last season, and I believe our squad is better. Give it time - let's not start looking for a new manager, yet, FFS!!!!! 

19 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Hardly outwitted...it wasn't anything Carlisle did that caused a sitter of a header to be missed, nor a penalty...and the subsequent follow-up! Those two go in and it's, undeniably, a different game. Missing both clearly gave them more confidence. I don't blame JA for making changes, at any time - with so many players capable of playing in more than one position, and of similar abilities, changes may be made for any number of reason - physical or mental - and these known to the coaching staff, only. I thought it was quite an adventurous team...and going two up early on would have shown that. Missing just one player of those we would consider to be first choice can totally affect the dynamic of the team - missing at least 3 is bound to have an effect unless their replacements step up...and, equally obvious is that some of our players haven't yet reached their standards of last season. Is this because of playing with different personnel? - could be! Or it could be, yet again, any number of unknown factors. It's early doors - we're better off than this stage last season, and I believe our squad is better. Give it time - let's not start looking for a new manager, yet, FFS!!!!! 

Who's looking for a new manager ?

He dropped Joyce changed formation and lost us the game.

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Thats more like it FFIDG,far better than your last post about closing club down.Some very good points here about certain players not performing to the level we expect.The newbies are not really good enough at the moment but time will tell.Gibbons was getting loads of abuse on here and by Sproson last season,but look how well he's performed prior to his bad injury.I am still puzzled by that McKirdy signing as he's done nothing to inspire us .Time to step up lads!!

I DO agree , with everything that ELDERBEZZA is saying . 

11 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Thats more like it FFIDG,far better than your last post about closing club down.Some very good points here about certain players not performing to the level we expect.The newbies are not really good enough at the moment but time will tell.Gibbons was getting loads of abuse on here and by Sproson last season,but look how well he's performed prior to his bad injury.I am still puzzled by that McKirdy signing as he's done nothing to inspire us .Time to step up lads!!

Big issue for me is transfer activity. I’m not sure any of the new players are better than what we had (other than clark). Fitzpatrick and mills don’t look up to it to me, whitehead was dreadful at the weekend. Robinson has been awful and innocuous in the league. Mckirdy not had much of a chance but has been poor. Rodney great start but struggled since. 

Really other than Rodney who is raw and has potential we’ve just signed average league 2 players at best again. I can imagine the likes of Fitzpatrick will be released as were Kennedy, Evans and Lloyd last season. 

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Big issue for me is transfer activity. I’m not sure any of the new players are better than what we had (other than clark). Fitzpatrick and mills don’t look up to it to me, whitehead was dreadful at the weekend. Robinson has been awful and innocuous in the league. Mckirdy not had much of a chance but has been poor. Rodney great start but struggled since. 

Really other than Rodney who is raw and has potential we’ve just signed average league 2 players at best again. I can imagine the likes of Fitzpatrick will be released as were Kennedy, Evans and Lloyd last season. 

I think injuries are keeping out our better players out otherwise Manny, Amoo, Gibbo and possibly Mckirdy would be starting. So at the moment I don’t think Askey knows his best team and couple that with some players being out of form and we’ve had a mediocre start. But I do think that Mills, Whitehead, Robinson, Rodney and FItzpatrick are an upgrade on those squad players from last year. 

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think injuries are keeping out our better players out otherwise Manny, Amoo, Gibbo and possibly Mckirdy would be starting. So at the moment I don’t think Askey knows his best team and couple that with some players being out of form and we’ve had a mediocre start. But I do think that Mills, Whitehead, Robinson, Rodney and FItzpatrick are an upgrade on those squad players from last year. 

I agree there an upgrade on last years squad players. But not the 1st team. With the loss of Taylor it could be argued our 11 is weaker than last time. With everyone fit our 11 is probably pretty similar to last season but without a key player. Think we’ve maybe focussed on the squad rather than first team as we did last year as well. 

Archived