onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey

TylerB

In no way whatsoever do I want to change the manager, Askey has shown that he is more than capable of getting us up and running, but Saturdays game was very strange, with no attempt to change the formation in an attempt to get back in the game, all the changes made for me were like for like so nothing changed, as I said I would love to know what was said this morning.

Advert

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

It strikes me that his head was turned.

After two goalless and rather sterile games, we go to Wigan, play 442 and score some goals.
He likes to reward decent performances, so gave it another go.
It's understandable

It looked like a potential solution.

Looking back, it looks all wrong for many reasons.
This doesn't mean 442 will never work, but it was clearly wrong on the day, making us weak and them strong.

I'm sure many lessons will have been learned and have no doubt that the next two games will see us going back to what got us to 8th last season.

People aren't getting at him for changing for formation. He did what many of us have wanted him to try at home for a while. Something different, something a little more attacking.

My own issue was all of the changes he made for little to no reason, especially in midfield. To take one of Conlon or Joyce out of the team would have been surprising. To take them both out was insane.

40 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Wow some of the posts on here,lets just remember where we were 18mths ago and what happened last season before we all have breakdowns

5 games have been played in the league,i would sooner see where we are after the first 10,far more important things to worry about than a manager at a football club......oh the same manager the majority were wanting to give a knighthood to after last season.

If you can't question some of the managers decisions after 3 inept performances on the bounce, two being at home, and against poor to average at best sides, then when can you? Christ.

Yes we beat a very poor and clearly not really bothered young Wigan side in a cup. Clearly a fair few people got a bit too enthusiastic about this (it's always nice to win any game) which includes the manager.

7 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Seems like one big love in at the moment.

I don't think it's a "love in", more like fans being realistic.  Most would agree that on Saturday the team was a surprise and the performance and result would clearly indicate it was a mistake.

The facts are that we had a great season last year, expectations are understandably high, but it's far to early to start scrutinising the manager.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I don't think it's a "love in", more like fans being realistic.  Most would agree that on Saturday the team was a surprise and the performance and result would clearly indicate it was a mistake.

The facts are that we had a great season last year, expectations are understandably high, but it's far to early to start scrutinising the manager.

With the squad we have we should be better than 1 point from the last 9, and 7 points from a possible 15. That much I do know, regardless of last season.

Are we going to be going back to last season half way through this one still?

Villa were woeful last season and survived by the skin of their teeth. This season under the same manager they are currently flying. Football can change quickly.

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Are we going to be going back to last season half way through this one still?

Villa were woeful last season and survived by the skin of their teeth. This season under the same manager they are currently flying. Football can change quickly.

You're countering your own argument  🤔😂

56 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You're countering your own argument  🤔😂

Not at all. My point is that we can't keep banging on about last season. Worrall was great last season, so what? Does that somehow mean that he's less <ovf censored> this season just because of what he did many months ago? Yeah, he's a decent player at this level and will no doubt come good again. But that doesn't mean his performances can't be questioned. And the same thing applies to Askey. I've been his biggest fan here but if people think the last few games are just a minor blip and they genuinely aren't worried about how performances have quickly fallen... As a League Two side I'm realistic and accept that we will lose games here and there no matter how strong our squad is on paper. But if Salford beat us, and I expect them to because I really don't think we're just going to suddenly decide to turn up full of confidence, then that will be 1 point from the last 12. Let that sink in for a moment.

3 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Someone put be proactive not reactive ,choose your team and if a few are not doing what should be doing replace them however if 8or 9 are not doing the job then you have a problem as

we aren't good enough have 6/7 players not at it .

The last few  league games apart from Browny has anyone performed to the level what's expected of themselves never mind the manager ,look at yourself players and show more desire on and off the ball .

Rodney disappears can see why Salford got rid of him ,Robinson is not as good as he thinks he is as when the chips are down he hides also ,they would both be benched if was the manager .

Worralls at this present time  no where near his best I'd remove him from the team also ,no one is undropable his performances are underwhelming. 

Theres 3 of your front players struggling there and throw in Mckirdy who as done nothing up to yet to get me out of my couch and you can see why the fans are unhappy .

Carol is doing a sterling job off the pitch however on the pitch is what will create the money and the support to maintain the longevity of the club so we need every player to step up  to the level required,as we need every fan who can afford pay there tenner and watch the games on ifollow to if your not a season ticket holder (they have already paid )to do likewise .

Thats more like it FFIDG,far better than your last post about closing club down.Some very good points here about certain players not performing to the level we expect.The newbies are not really good enough at the moment but time will tell.Gibbons was getting loads of abuse on here and by Sproson last season,but look how well he's performed prior to his bad injury.I am still puzzled by that McKirdy signing as he's done nothing to inspire us .Time to step up lads!!

16 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Thats more like it FFIDG,far better than your last post about closing club down.Some very good points here about certain players not performing to the level we expect.The newbies are not really good enough at the moment but time will tell.Gibbons was getting loads of abuse on here and by Sproson last season,but look how well he's performed prior to his bad injury.I am still puzzled by that McKirdy signing as he's done nothing to inspire us .Time to step up lads!!

I thought Gibbo had a pretty good season last season bar a couple of dodgy games. Certainly one of the more consistent players I thought. But on the other hand as we all know Sproson has it in for certain players that aren’t his. He even did it to Clarke on Saturday. Granted Clarke wasn’t at his best but he didn’t warrant some of the crap Sproson was coming out with. 

I like Askey and think he has done a good job since taking over and wouldn't want to judge him untill end of the season. However I think the last three games are worrying because in all three games we should have made formation changes after about 30 mins. Saturday it was obvious 442 wasn't working and the midfield was overwhelmed. The week before was the opposite after 30 mins we had so much of the ball could have easily go two up top and probably gone to an attacking 352.  I think a higher league manager would have made changes during the matches and not let them drift in the way we have done over the last few weeks.

Archived