52 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

In the attempt to have digs at Pope, you’re missing the obvious. Contain our full backs getting forward and overlapping (when Monty, Gibbo or Clarke are on the pitch), stop Joyce linking play with wingers and full backs, deny the space like Morecambe did for those players and screen the target man to try and stop the ball going into Popes feet or chest. 

You could use the same analogy for Cullen or Robinson, strikers are only as good as the service they get. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to read in an article today that he has felt harshly thought of by some Vale fans who think of him as just some sort of lump who wins his fair share of headers and scores some tap ins. He's bang o

I'd disagree with that. I think every man and his dog except for VFIA and 007 has Gibbons and Smith in their starting 11, and that's only because one has doubts because they are stoke fans and the oth

On Tuesday, he did tons of unsung work running channels etc to help out Robinson. Theo still had to find the net and deserves credit but I think Pope must be an excellent partner to have upfront. His

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

You could use the same analogy for Cullen or Robinson, strikers are only as good as the service they get. 

Assessing them objectively / without bias will never catch on though.  Far better to continue to use Man City as an every day example

• Like 1

On 16/10/2020 at 08:28, PV1973 said:

Just a general observation but it seems to me that local lads who play for us generate nowhere the same amount of praise, excitement or respect (if that’s the right word to use) amongst fans that players do who are brought in from other clubs. It’s like they’re taken for granted somewhat. 

Couldn't agree more. I've thought this for some time.

• Like 1