onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, jeffers said:

That would have been papering over the cracks. It’s not about today, we still have 40 games to put it right.

This is true but I think if we score first it's a different game. As it was the penalty miss really seemed to give them a lift.  They score and our heads drop.  End of story

Advert

I think we need to look at the players rather than manager. Granted selection was off but that 11 out there today were a joke and for the most part disinterested. Pope comes out in his article in the week and then performs like that. Other than brown Monty Clark and legge they need to take a real good look at themselves as they were a <ovf censored> disgrace. Again. 

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think we need to look at the players rather than manager. Granted selection was off but that 11 out there today were a joke and for the most part disinterested. Pope comes out in his article in the week and then performs like that. Other than brown Monty Clark and legge they need to take a real good look at themselves as they were a <ovf censored> disgrace. Again. 

It’s a pity Pope isn’t as good as he thinks he is 

Too many individual errors, poor decision making and an inability to win challenges without making a needless foul.

Our first touch was woeful and very rarely did a headed ball get directed to a teammate

Can't say any of our players played better than their opposite number today. We have got to start winning our individual battles

Carlisle did a job on us and we basically let them do it.

Very disappointing and nothing positive to come out of the game. So frustrating when there seemed to be a buzz building.

I’m sorry but people defending askey need to take a look at themselves- tactically it’s a shambles - plays look disinterested to make 6 changes I feel like he doesn’t know what he’s doing anymore. From 20 minutes in we could see that the midfield was being overrun and he changed nothing I’m not saying I know more than askey but I think anyone watching the game could see that so why couldn’t our manager. We have been literally shocking for 3 games now we made an average team look very good where’s the desire where’s the commitment where’s the heart to get in there faces and make things happen out grafted all over the park and that’s one thing we have never been under askey so we need to ask the question, has he lost the players because I’ve never seen 3 games like that for vale in a long long time. People giving mckirdy grief what did they want him to do the ball didn’t hit the grass in the whole time he was on. We don’t play to any of our players styles of play. Honestly Worrall if he starts next game I’m not watching someone’s tied the blokes shoelaces together how he is still in the team is baffling because he has been nothing short of dreadful all season. Next two games could be make or break for askey I hope he proves me wrong because I appreciate what he has done for us but something doesn’t feel right at the moment at all 

Couldn’t really that pick many positives out of that. Maybe Monty and brown for his one on one save. 

The blame lies with the manager for making such a large amount of changes IMO. The selection was so left field that I can’t fathom why he went so far in changing it from morecambe. First off I know that there is no way that we would have had much time to work on the training ground with that set of players in that formation. Everything we do has been geared around 4-3-3 and the pockets of play between certain combinations of players in that formation. You can argue we adapted to the change on Tuesday but that was against largely inferior opposition, but even having said that we showed much more endeavour and desire on Tuesday than we did today. Maybe that was down to Carlisle being a better team overall? We showed some flashes in the first half but I think we ended up being second best to them. We didn’t have enough link up play between the fullbacks and wingers and the wingers didn’t offer enough either. Tactically we got it wrong, we would have known how they play and yet we went with whitehead and burgess as the central 2 against their 3. We ended up giving away the midfield battle and let’s be honest a battle isn’t something to suit burgess, that’s not his game. 

Yes we had 2 good chances and you can’t get much better a chance than a penalty, but we didn’t take those 2 chances and overall we created very little else. They had a lot more efforts than we did, and I don’t think we seemed as good defensively, which is understandable given the 3 changes from last week but then on top of that our lack of creative spark from us is a worry. The subs made little impact either and some players just can’t get going or even get into the game it seems. 

I know it’s a cliche but we should go back to basics next week with Joyce and Conlon back in a 4-3-3 formation. 

It was poor today. Too many changes, wrong formation.

With a midfield two, every part of the team is weaker.

They have too much ground to cover, so can't protect the defence and can't support the wide men.

It makes everyone look poor.

We were strung out all over the pitch, they were compact. 

12 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I’m sorry but people defending askey need to take a look at themselves- tactically it’s a shambles - plays look disinterested to make 6 changes I feel like he doesn’t know what he’s doing anymore. From 20 minutes in we could see that the midfield was being overrun and he changed nothing I’m not saying I know more than askey but I think anyone watching the game could see that so why couldn’t our manager. We have been literally shocking for 3 games now we made an average team look very good where’s the desire where’s the commitment where’s the heart to get in there faces and make things happen out grafted all over the park and that’s one thing we have never been under askey so we need to ask the question, has he lost the players because I’ve never seen 3 games like that for vale in a long long time. People giving mckirdy grief what did they want him to do the ball didn’t hit the grass in the whole time he was on. We don’t play to any of our players styles of play. Honestly Worrall if he starts next game I’m not watching someone’s tied the blokes shoelaces together how he is still in the team is baffling because he has been nothing short of dreadful all season. Next two games could be make or break for askey I hope he proves me wrong because I appreciate what he has done for us but something doesn’t feel right at the moment at all 

I've had a look at myself in the mirror and I'm still defending the guy, it did make me realise that I do need a haircut however. 🙈

In answer to some of the other points you make, "...where’s the desire where’s the commitment where’s the heart to get in there faces and make things happen out grafted all over the park and that’s one thing we have never been under askey..."  Sorry, but this statement is complete rubbish and suggests that you didn't watch  a single game last season.

"....has he lost the players because I’ve never seen 3 games like that for vale in a long long time..." To state he's lost the players this soon into the season beggars belief, likewise "Next two games could be make or break for askey..." All managers are under pressure to deliver results but you're giving him just two more games?  Really?

Have a couple of bevvies, a good nights kip, and reaccess in the morning.  It's still early days.

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I've had a look at myself in the mirror and I'm still defending the guy, it did make me realise that I do need a haircut however. 🙈

In answer to some of the other points you make, "...where’s the desire where’s the commitment where’s the heart to get in there faces and make things happen out grafted all over the park and that’s one thing we have never been under askey..."  Sorry, but this statement is complete rubbish and suggests that you didn't watch  a single game last season.

"....has he lost the players because I’ve never seen 3 games like that for vale in a long long time..." To state he's lost the players this soon into the season beggars belief, likewise "Next two games could be make or break for askey..." All managers are under pressure to deliver results but you're giving him just two more games?  Really?

Have a couple of bevvies, a good nights kip, and reaccess in the morning.  It's still early days.

I watched every game last season and I can tell you right now I’ve not seen us look this lack luster and have less desire than we have now. And yes these next two games are make or break two more games playing badly and not getting a result will see players confidence shot n will soon find ourselves in a rut that we will struggle to get out of. Football is a confidence game and ours is shot nobody has the confidence to beat a man hold the ball up, make something happen. It’s the manner of how we are playing we have no idea what to do that is why I believe he is in trouble if results don’t go out way in the near future losing is fine every team loses but to be that tactically inadequate is not a good sign 

54 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

It should have been re taken look where the goalkeeper is standing when the kick is taken but how we were playing we would have missed it again any way.

My memory isn't what it was didn't Popey miss his last penalty or have I been dreaming ? 

Archived