onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

13 minutes ago, Warren said:

I didn't think Pope's penalty was that bad by the way; the keeper has made a good save. 

His reaction to the rebound looked dreadful unless I'm too harsh. Even when he saved it I was convinced he'd tap into the net.

Like I said maybe I'm a tad harsh 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So we had two chances and only one on target. Does that not suggest that we didn’t create enough?  They had 16 efforts on goal. Does that not suggest that our midfield was giving their’s far too much space??

Yes I’ve said that. Look back. 

We also missed an open goal (a much bigger chance than one of their shots on target) and a penalty. Again score them we win. Regardless off the formation if tom pope scores that penalty we win. 

For me the key was 6, yes 6, changes! Too much disruption. I would have tinkered after last week but Crookes for Brisley???  I had kittens every time the ball went near him, especially as the game went on and there's Sproey telling us how good he is and the rest are krap! Joyce would be the first name on my team sheet just for the glue he gives us and then why Conlon was left out I don't know. Popey in, perhaps after Tuesday but him and Robinson with the rookie?

As soon as I saw the team I thought it was <ovf censored> or bust and it was bust, I'm afraid. JA should have held his nerve and kept to 433 ut tweaked his starters.....oh well back to the drawing board BUT Askey Out? Give us a break.....pathetic.

4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

So it was Browns fault letting the goal in that won the game by your reasoning. 

In the whole game we had one open goal (The pen) and a good chance, thats not good enough at home, we seriously lack in creativity and it's up to Askey to find the formula, listening to their manager in the week he knew EXACTLY what they needed to do and they did it very well.

No. Because the game should have been won by then. I agree that’s nowhere near good enough and askey needs to find then solution. Today we were awful as we were in the previous two league matches but Should have been 2-0 up. Again for me the formation wasn’t the issue at all. The issue was the change is personnel. Unless Conlon and Joyce weren’t 100% fit I just don’t see how they didn’t start. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

His reaction to the rebound looked dreadful unless I'm too harsh. Even when he saved it I was convinced he'd tap into the net.

Nope, there players wanted it more. Was it Whitehead who didnt get involved with the rebound and got bullied from the ball

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I think it needed to be blasted into the roof of the net and not tapped in. I think the rebound was as a good a chance as the penalty itself.

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

You very gentle on the lad there Cambridge. 

That shot must of gone onto the training pitches or Dimensions 

You’ve both got that wrong, I’m afraid. I’ve just found it in my back garden.... I live in Manchester. I think Askey told him to score in the Cerlisle goal and thought he meant Brunton Park.

8 minutes ago, pensioner said:

That is it in a nut shell - You cant miss an header from 6 yds and a penalty and expect any points. Everyone in football knows if you go a goal up at Vale Park the Vale crack and roll over - we've been doing it for years and years. If we score first we become a magic team - dont score and we look crap.

All teams miss chances. It makes life more difficult when they are your only two chances. 

There were so many individual howlers. 

Rodney header. 

Whitehead shot. ( Which was a good opportunity )

Penalty and rebound.

Legge back pass which seems to of got lost in the dirge.

Terrible day but surely a backlash next week, although we said that after Morecambe.

12 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Why did we look so good v Wigan and so,so,so poor today? Burgess looks nothing compared to last season. Mckirdy? I thought he scored important goals that count?..He did <ovf censored> all today

He probably got better service at Carlisle than he got today.

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

There were so many individual howlers. 

Rodney header. 

Whitehead shot. ( Which was a good opportunity )

Penalty and rebound.

Legge back pass which seems to of got lost in the dirge.

Terrible day but surely a backlash next week, although we said that after Morecambe.

There won't be a backlash though. Askey doesn't seem to be able to get them going and put a bit of fire in the bellies.

If we score first we'll win a lot of games this season. But as soon as we went 1 down I thought we needed a minor miracle just to take a point from this game. Why is it like this against Carlisle? Carl-<ovf censored>-isle? They will be lucky to finish top 15 this season, and they and their manager have just come to Vale Park and made us all look like right dick heads.

15 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Why did we look so good v Wigan and so,so,so poor today? Burgess looks nothing compared to last season. Mckirdy? I thought he scored important goals that count?..He did <ovf censored> all today

People read far too much into the Wigan game they put out a poor, largely inexperienced team. People saw what they wanted to see but the reality was that Wigan side would struggle in league 2. 

Archived