onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Our midfield is crap without oleyeke. Said it all transfer window and all season. 

To be fair you called it and I was someone saying we are fine there. But Whitehead looks woeful, Burgess looks a none league player suddenly and Oyeleke is Oyeleke-ing.

Advert

The worst Vale performance in the last 15 months. The organization, team work and pattern of play so evident under JA were just not there. Vale lost that game in midfield, we were overrun and there was no Luke Joyce at the base of the midfield protecting the back four and controlling the game.

Couldn't understand Pope off and Robinson remaining on as for the last 30 mins the ball was just pumped up to Robinson and Rodney anyway.  Whitehead is no Jake Taylor, Vale will miss him big time.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

To be fair you called it and I was someone saying we are fine there. But Whitehead looks woeful, Burgess looks a none league player suddenly and Oyeleke is Oyeleke-ing.

I’m actually thinking it’s worse than I thought back then as well as I was expecting burgess and whitehead to be much better than this b

Conlon and Joyce are fine, need more creativity but they’re fine. Manny is class but never plays. Burgess good last season, Dosent look up to it this year and whitehead was the unknown. He seems way off it. 

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Burgess needs to be in a team that supports his assets which are in the final third attacking and scoring goals. Today he has been given the wrong role. Then on top of that Whitehead has come in for Joyce and has a fraction of his ability to pass the ball reliably around and cover in front of the central defence. Then on top of that, having these mistakes Askey hasn't even responded to being outnumbered in central midfield as well. Surely, right in front of the pitch he can see that!!!!! Maybe Whitehead is better than I am seeing; he has done ok as a sub. 

We had 70% possession against Morcambe and lost to a dubious penalty, we didn’t need wholesale changes. 
Why were Joyce & Conlan suddenly both left out for Whitehead & Burgess? On today’s showing neither looked a good option. 
Hoofball was not working other than to give possession away. What has happened to our passing game. The missed penalty certainly gave Carlisle a lift and from there it was one way traffic. 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think missing an open goal and a penalty were much bigger factors! Score them we win. End of. 

So we had two chances and only one on target. Does that not suggest that we didn’t create enough?  They had 16 efforts on goal. Does that not suggest that our midfield was giving their’s far too much space??

14 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Worst player on the pitch today. Almost got himself sent off in the first half and in the second, when perfectly placed, he sent a shot from the edge of the D into the stands. Then with probably our last chance to send a good free kick into the box, it doesn't even clear the first defender. Can't blame the lad really, he was having a mare, but by that time Askey should have subbed him. 

You very gentle on the lad there Cambridge. 

That shot must of gone onto the training pitches or Dimensions 

40 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yes but we should have been 2-0. So therefore it was working. I completely get we’ve been over run. Be regardless of that we’ve missed an open goal and a penalty at 0-0. 

So it was Browns fault letting the goal in that won the game by your reasoning. 

In the whole game we had one open goal (The pen) and a good chance, thats not good enough at home, we seriously lack in creativity and it's up to Askey to find the formula, listening to their manager in the week he knew EXACTLY what they needed to do and they did it very well.

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think missing an open goal and a penalty were much bigger factors! Score them we win. End of. 

That is it in a nut shell - You cant miss an header from 6 yds and a penalty and expect any points. Everyone in football knows if you go a goal up at Vale Park the Vale crack and roll over - we've been doing it for years and years. If we score first we become a magic team - dont score and we look crap.

30 minutes ago, philmpv said:

So this is the third or fourth time already this season that people have said how toothless up top. All with different strikers, including one whom most of you cry is the best striker in the league and another who seems to be able to score for any other team he plays for. Can we now agree that the issue is not the strikers, but the service. All hoofball again today. When will we learn?

This is absolutely bang on the money. No incisive creativity whatsoever. 

How many times was Mckirdy fed the ball when he came on. Pretty much zero. 

Worrying trend. 

I know us fans were asking for 442 but you cant play 442 when the midfield 2 is burgess and Whitehead. Also askey should have had carlise watched prior to this and seen there strength is in midfield and picked a side to try keep them quiet. That toure ran rings round us and callum guy was spreading passes about the pitch like pirlo used too. 

As for our squad run through our side that played today and apart from Pope or Robinson you cant see them scoring. Mckirdy can score a few goals but is no where near fit amoo can score a few but is out injured Cullen can score double figures but gets no service and wasnt even on the bench today.

Joyce Burgess oyeleke Whitehead none of them are going score many between them. We are missing jake Taylor's goals or someone from midfield that will get around 10 a season. 

I think askey needs to have a long hard talk with all of our midfielders and defenders. Why can we not just keep the ball rather than lumping it time and time again, which only results in possession being lost and never winning the second ball. If that means we don't score in some games, so be it, but surely it's preferable to conceding possession time and time again. After all, if the oppo doesn't have the ball, they can't score and we play on our terms. At times today we looked a proper schoolboy team, with all players running towards the ball rather than anticipating where it will end up. Embarrassing.

Archived