onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

A return to winning ways based on our fine Wigan show. Carlisle have lost both their previous away games without scoring a goal, but managed 3 against Sunderland`s 5 in the FLT last night.   The injury to Gibbons at Wigan just as he was getting back in his stride, is a blow with Smith in quarantine reducing defensive options with Mills out too. But Monty and Pope should be in the team mix. No doubt McKirdy would enjoy himself against his previous club, but does he have the fitness?  A test for the depth of our squad and players raising their game.  Will we again be up against a 10 man defence? 3-1 would do me.

Advert

I liked what I saw of the 4-4-2 and Pope & Robinson as a partnership.

I’d just go for it this week, and give them something to think about if they put 10 men behind the ball. 

Brown

New RB   Legge   Brisley   Monty

Worrall Whitehead Conlon Rodney

Pope Robinson

Keeping everything crossed we get Mitch back, but we shall see. If not, I expect another RB to come in. 

We will almost certainly be more exposed in a 4-4-2, but I think we deserve a bit more excitement after the last two borefests. I back us to outscore Carlisle.

The choice would be Rodney and Pope together and then bring on Theo for the last 30mins to terrorise them some more.

However, JA and Co will probably go with 1 up front again.  They will sit back and just mark the striker with 2 people and batter them.

Teams seem to have sussed Vale playing this formation now.  The players try but don't seem to be able to break them down and get many chances on goal. 

When its 4-4-2 we seem to create more chances. 

Can't wait for saturday to see what formation we come out with and hopefully another new member in the Vale team.

2 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

The choice would be Rodney and Pope together and then bring on Theo for the last 30mins to terrorise them some more.

However, JA and Co will probably go with 1 up front again.  They will sit back and just mark the striker with 2 people and batter them.

Teams seem to have sussed Vale playing this formation now.  The players try but don't seem to be able to break them down and get many chances on goal. 

When its 4-4-2 we seem to create more chances. 

Can't wait for saturday to see what formation we come out with and hopefully another new member in the Vale team.

Crawley, Exeter and Scunthorpe didn't have us sussed. 

43 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Crawley, Exeter and Scunthorpe didn't have us sussed. 

No, but they did try to play football and not just sit back and soak up the pressure for most of the game.  If we play against sides that want to play, then it allows gaps to appear and it allows our players to get at them.  If they sit back, and double mark the striker then we have problems breaking them down and getting shots on their goal.

Archived