Advert

Advert

PS5 v Xbox Series X/S

Santa

Advert

4 hours ago, geosname said:

I miss the old PlayStation.

I agree with that.

Great Christmas when that arrived and some absolute classics in terms of games.

Resident Evil (and 2) and Final Fantasy IIV were the ones that I got lost in. Particularly the latter.

The remake of resident evil 2 had also been one of my favourites on ps4 as well. They made a great job of it  

I was watching a tear down of the PS5 and the one thing you notice is how big it is. 15 inches long and supposed to be quite heavy. The fan and heat sink are very impressive but fingers crossed they work properly because it will obviously run very hot.

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2020 at 18:41, Nofinikea said:

No, there are some grown up films.

Computer games are for kids and Virgins.

Well I am neither and enjoy gaming. You seem to have a very outdated view on video games. 

Games these days are another form of art and a legitimate form of entertainment for all ages such as film and music.

I have actually learned plenty about history, mythology, philosophy and geography from game series such as Uncharted and Metal Gear.

But more to the point, people are free to enjoy whatever the hell they want as hobbies without judgement from narrow minded cretins.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got hold of one?

I'm not seeing enough to want to get one any time soon. Main improvements seem to be 4K, better frame rates, shorter load times off SSD...

For the time being, most of the big games coming out are cross-gen. I bought the new Sackboy game a few days ago and it's perfectly fine for me on the PS4. I suppose the jump between generations becomes smaller and smaller as the years go by. It's not like playing the Spectrum version of a game and then going round your mate's house to play it on his Amiga.

4 minutes ago, Santa said:

Anyone got hold of one?

I'm not seeing enough to want to get one any time soon. Main improvements seem to be 4K, better frame rates, shorter load times off SSD...

For the time being, most of the big games coming out are cross-gen. I bought the new Sackboy game a few days ago and it's perfectly fine for me on the PS4. I suppose the jump between generations becomes smaller and smaller as the years go by. It's not like playing the Spectrum version of a game and then going round your mate's house to play it on his Amiga.

Thats definitely how I'm looking at it.  Most of what I've seen points to the loading times as the biggest improvement. Which, undoubtedly, is hugely impressive.

Agree about the smaller leaps.

Up to the ps4 I thought the jumps were always pretty big quality wise although it always seems that they jump to the new gen just as they're getting the best out of the current.

I remember thinking ps4 didnt really kick in for me until Bloodborne came out.

I got ps4 at launch in 2013 but I'm giving it some time, possibly a year, before I get the 5.

Still got a few games I've not gotten round to yet.

On 06/10/2020 at 20:50, Nofinikea said:

Whilst you lot are chatting to one another over headsets pretending to run around playing army, your girlfriends are out getting snagged by proper men.

Someone come get their Dad, absolute state of this 😆

13 minutes ago, Santa said:

Anyone got hold of one?

The Mrs got a pre order for ps5 but gonna have to wait for Xmas. Picked up the other day though. Tempted to also have an Xbox just for game pass tho. 

A mate is on about getting a Switch and Mario Kart this Christmas and if he does I might get one myself and renew my love/hate relationship with Nintendo.

However I'm not keen on re-buying a game at full price that I already bought for the Wii U.

4 minutes ago, Santa said:

A mate is on about getting a Switch and Mario Kart this Christmas and if he does I might get one myself and renew my love/hate relationship with Nintendo.

However I'm not keen on re-buying a game at full price that I already bought for the Wii U.

Had one for the last year. Nice console but on,y use it for handheld. Can’t match the main consoles for power , but worth it if you want the games available.

39 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Feel better now hun?

Do you use your xbox to prep lessons only you were so insistent that the hours you work were so consuming I wouldn't have thought you had time to use one.  Or do you race the kids home from school to see who can log on first?

Who hurt you? 

Archived