onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G2 Wigan Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

After tonight's result, presumably you're changing your user name moniker from Raging to Tranquil 😀? Or is it a bit too early? 🤔

After stating I wasn't at all bothered about this game I have to admit that I am rather cheerful once again, and back to believing we're massive. At least until 4:45pm on Saturday anyway. 😄

Such a pity we didn’t have more cover for right back tonight, I said on Saturday that gibbo playing 2 games so close to each other after a long off isn’t ideal. Otherwise I guess we’d have only given him an hour or rested him even. 

How about a 3-5-2 wing-back formation? Wozza and Monty as the flying wings backs. Legge, Brisley and Crooks as the back three.

Brown

Legge

Brisley

Crooks

Worrall

Montano

Joyce

Whitehead

Conlon

Rodney

Robinson

Amoo and Pope to wreak havoc as subs in the 2nd half if and when required.

How about a 3-5-2 wing-back formation? Wozza and Monty as the flying wings backs. Legge, Brisley and Crooks as the back three.

Brown

Legge
Brisley
Crooks

Worrall
Montano

Joyce
Whitehead
Conlon

Rodney
Robinson

Doesn't sound like Amoo will be wreaking much anytime soon.

Just now, The French Connection said:
2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Brown

Legge
Brisley
Crooks

Worrall
Montano

Joyce
Whitehead
Conlon

Rodney
Robinson

Doesn't sound like Amoo will be wreaking much anytime soon.

Fair point!

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

Is Whitehead an option at RB?

He seems as intelligent enough footballer to be able to not look like a bomb scare there. Luckily Carlisle with all due respect aren't likely to be one of the better sides we will play this season.

Who are we actually missing then on Saturday? Smith, Mills, Gibbons, Oyeleke, McKirdy and Amoo? Anyone else?!

21 minutes ago, Santa said:

I'm trying to work out the permutations from the group. In the event of two teams finishing on the same points, is it Goal Difference then Goals Scored, or does Head To Head come into it at all?

I think I'm right in saying that the only combination of results that would see Vale not qualify are:

• Tranmere v Wigan ending in a draw with Wigan picking up the bonus point
  • Vale losing to Liverpool's kids, maybe by 2 clear goals but I'm not 100% sure on that

There is still a possibility of three teams finishing with 5 points but that can only happen if Wigan beat Tranmere on penalties.

Quite right, I overlooked Wigan getting a bonus point and the Vale losing to  Liverpool 21  by even one goal could stop us in our tracks.  But I am confident we will beat Liverpool.  I am getting on a bit and have seen the Vale beat them in a league game 4-3 at Vale Park.

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Quite right, I overlooked Wigan getting a bonus point and the Vale losing to  Liverpool 21  by even one goal could stop us in our tracks.  But I am confident we will beat Liverpool.  I am getting on a bit and have seen the Vale beat them in a league game 4-3 at Vale Park.

Play how they did against Villa and I reckon we'd get something against the senior team!

Archived