more coaches than sammy turner!

geoff1

Carol and Kevin wouldn't have appointed Billy Painter unless they knew it could be funded for a while. Good to have him back, he's picked up a lot of experience in the game.  Further proof of the owners investing in getting things done properly for the future - nice to see.

Changes is squad rules mean we have to start getting players through to the first team. If we don't go up then next season we are limited to 20 players over 22. That isn't enough to get through a season so we need to get players through and at least capable of 15 minute cameos from the bench.

9 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, Conrad said:
The only thing I find odd is employing these extra coaches at a time when money is tight and no money coming in.

The ede brothers have left I think. After only winning 1 game last season

Yes they’ve left. I suppose at that level it’s not so much about winning but who they are developing to make it with the first team and not a one of them was signed on a pro contract. Maybe they had a batch of players that weren’t up to it? Maybe the place needs freshening up with new ideas?

15 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, Conrad said:
The only thing I find odd is employing these extra coaches at a time when money is tight and no money coming in.

The ede brothers have left I think. After only winning 1 game last season

Ok that’s fair enough then.

If people like Sinclair and Painter have coaching skills anything like their playing ability, which is possible tho not certain, then we can look forward to more and better youngsters coming through.
We might also be able to attract a better quality of youngster. Word must be getting around that the Vale is a club on the up.

14 hours ago, JRC said:

Changes is squad rules mean we have to start getting players through to the first team. If we don't go up then next season we are limited to 20 players over 22. That isn't enough to get through a season so we need to get players through and at least capable of 15 minute cameos from the bench.

Thanks for that info. I honestly was unaware of that new rule for over 22 year olds next season.

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

only time will tell. if we do get good promising youngsters in, the big clubs will nick them for nowt. 

That's where decent negotiation skills come into play.

Sell on percentages play a huge role now.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived