Steve Bruce : tosser

6 hours ago, TheSage said:

I think that's a fair point.

And facts are important. Views and opinions vary, as they will, but facts don't change.

Bruce, like all Premier League managers, undoubtedly splits opinion, but as far as I can see from the original post days ago he did appear to want to help lower league clubs while recognising that his first duty is closer to home.

Personally, he isn't my cup of tea.  I'm unsure why. It's funny how you take a like or instant dislike to a manager. He seems to have had a lot of clubs in a very short space of time but has had a good career, no doubt about that.

Is he a better writer than manager? Didn't he write some books about management?

Didn't he write some very odd, very awful crime fiction with a football theme?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is most definetely an elite on here. People's who's posts are more valued than others. A hell of a lot of ego. But isn't that Internet in a nutshell?    That ignore button works wonder

For some reason, probably my phone,  it missed off the last bit. Others have alluded to it not just me, there is a clique on here, some of who have close contacts with the club who nobody dares t

I'll give you a fact WV Jacko and others on here are lauded like some god like figures .People would like her posts if she said the moon was made of cheese. Fact. Even the Morecambe thread s

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

, unfortunately the Philip Albert and Ginola glory days seem a distant memory. 

I know that some people bemoan fans having "second teams", but Newcastle would be mine. This goes back to my hero Gordon Lee (personal reasons & Vale connections) 

But in the era of the above mentioned players, Newcastle were without doubt a fantastic team to watch. One thing from that era in Newcastle's history always sticks with me. 1

A TV interviewer asked Keegan "what was his secret" to Newcastle's sensational style. His reply was "no secret. Just buy good players" 

Subsequently, many players who played under Keegan have openly said that he basically didn't have a clue. No tactics, no training drills, nothing. But what a team he put on the pitch! 

It just reiterates what I and many others have said many, many times before. Football is not rocket science. 

Two great NE clubs with fantastic fans who perhaps deserve more judging by their attendances but it doesn't work like that.Winning trophies is all about ownership and management and until teams like Newcastle,Sunderland.Everton and Spurs get their act together they'll all go another decade without winning anything.

15 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Two great NE clubs with fantastic fans who perhaps deserve more judging by their attendances but it doesn't work like that.Winning trophies is all about ownership and management and until teams like Newcastle,Sunderland.Everton and Spurs get their act together they'll all go another decade without winning anything.

It is all about having an unlimited supply of money,  taking away star players off teams that dare to challenge the closed shop in the Prem.

• Like 1