onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Steve Bruce : tosser

Mario

Another manager from a permanently failing Premier league outfit .....Bruce agreeing with Dyche, who do these 2nd rate managers and clubs think they are ?after all, they themselves are cannon fodder for the big clubs, both of them forget they flirt with the EFL on a regular basis......Tin pot the lot of them.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It is on Sky sports an interview he's done, I am trying to find the link.

This is the best I can do..

Sky Sports
 · 
Follow

Bruce: Not down to Prem to bail out EFL
Steve Bruce says all clubs are being hit by the coronavirus but it's not down to the Premier League to bail out clubs in the divisions below them.

It's a garbled message really, he reckons the Prem is hemorrhaging money and if they can help he is sure they will he then went on to say big business doesn't help small businesses.
They may be hemorrhaging money but it doesn't stop Man U offering £91.1m for Sancho.

57 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Steve Bruce ?

The guy who paid 61 million for Joelinton and Almiron 

Hilarious

He didn’t actually buy either of them. Benitez bought Almiron and the CEO bought Joelinton against Benitez’ advice. But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a poor attempt at a piss take?!!!

One thing I never "got" about Bruce is how could he agree to manage Sunderland? 

I know the "oh it's football" line, but he's supposedly an ardant Newcastle fan! I would rather stick pins in my own eyes than manage those shysters down the other end of the D road. 

And also that incident when he called all the Blades players off the pitch at Highbury following the Limpar incident. It's not up to him to ref the game!

However, I do admire how a very basic player can rise from rejection and even The Priestfield to the very highest level of English league football. 

But boy, that hooter! 

7 minutes ago, RailwayRowdy said:

One thing I never "got" about Bruce is how could he agree to manage Sunderland? 

I know the "oh it's football" line, but he's supposedly an ardant Newcastle fan! I would rather stick pins in my own eyes than manage those shysters down the other end of the D road. 

He was a hero at Newcastle for the mess he made of Sunderland. I suspect it was deliberate!!

42 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He didn’t actually buy either of them. Benitez bought Almiron and the CEO bought Joelinton against Benitez’ advice. But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a poor attempt at a piss take?!!!

Who was the manager when Joelinton signed ?

Benitez had left .

Hate your precious Toon being criticised don't you Jacko.

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Who was the manager when Joelinton signed ?

Benitez had left .

Hate your precious Toon being criticised don't you Jacko.

Who was the manager when Almiron signed?  Not Bruce.

Who was the manager when the negotiations to buy Joelinton happened?  Not Bruce.

The deal for Joelinton was negotiated in January 2019.  Benitez didn't agree with the deal because he said he wasn't worth £40 million so wouldn't sign off on it.  When he left in the summer the deal was resurrected.  The negotiations were ongoing long before Bruce became manager.  Bruce joined Newcastle on 17 July and Joelinton signed a week later.  Steve Bruce was in China at the time, had never seen Joelinton play and had bugger all to do with the transfer.

It's not a case of not liking criticism, it's more a case of putting someone right who's talking out of his bottom!!!

Just a general point on Newcastle and Ashley. 

Ashley is generally regarded as someone who is tight with the purse strings, yet here we are casually talking about fees in multiple tens of millions. The quality of the purchase is immaterial. 

I realise that the Greed Is Good League is a million miles away from reality, but these fee's are hardly small change even in these circles. 

Are Newcastle's problems on the pitch simply a lack of fiscal investment as is perported, because from afar that would not seem to be the case. 

Ashley is clearly a divisive figure, but is he alone the problem? Or is it the case that other "names" to use investment terminology have too much to say, with no doubt personal financial gain attached? 

No digs intended, just a serious question. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Who was the manager when Almiron signed?  Not Bruce.

Who was the manager when the negotiations to buy Joelinton happened?  Not Bruce.

The deal for Joelinton was negotiated in January 2019.  Benitez didn't agree with the deal because he said he wasn't worth £40 million so wouldn't sign off on it.  When he left in the summer the deal was resurrected.  The negotiations were ongoing long before Bruce became manager.  Bruce joined Newcastle on 17 July and Joelinton signed a week later.  Steve Bruce was in China at the time, had never seen Joelinton play and had bugger all to do with the transfer.

It's not a case of not liking criticism, it's more a case of putting someone right who's talking out of his bottom!!!

Don't worry Darren doesn't deal in facts. 

Archived