onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sean Dyche: tosser?

mr.hobblesworth

On 01/10/2020 at 12:42, Wrex said:

The Championship is like a Premier League 2 now. How it would work if the Premier League were to take the Championship off the EFL I don't know. I doubt the Premier League would hand over money to Football League clubs without expecting something in return.

I don't think a Premier League 2 would particularly be a bad thing. It couldn't be run much worse than the EFL run the Championship.

Premier League

Premier League 2

League One

League Two

League Three (National League)

You've got a good point.

Money in the Championship has reached new levels,in fact thanks to Barnsley,Stoke and Sheff.Wed whose owners wealth adds up to £19.1bn this league now includes ten billionaires,with the total wealth of all twenty four clubs owners adding up to £32.7bn.

They'd certainly give most leagues in the world a run for their money?

Advert

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

You've got a good point.

Money in the Championship has reached new levels,in fact thanks to Barnsley,Stoke and Sheff.Wed whose owners wealth adds up to £19.1bn this league now includes ten billionaires,with the total wealth of all twenty four clubs owners adding up to £32.7bn.

They'd certainly give most leagues in the world a run for their money?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

The tenth richest league in world football apparently (I'm not counting the Champions League). More money than the top-flight in Holland and Portugal, waaaay more than the SPL.

Well, the Premiership clubs should <ovf censored> off out of the EFL trophy which is now just a cup to help them develop their youngsters. Burnley will before too long become a Championship club and could very well go the same way as Bolton. Football is a business but the Premiership is just a land full of greedy bastards who should consider those not as wealthy and give support to them. 
Personally, I don’t think the Premiership clubs should have to decide wether they support lower divisions, I think there should be a small percentage automatically funded out of their revenue to support clubs outside the Premiership.

Archived