Leon Legge MBE

TylerB

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, valiantastic said:

heard he’s in talks with Oldham, not sure i’d wanna go there as a player with all the troubles they have with the owners but best of luck to him if this is true 

I don't know fully if owners play that much of a thought in players mind. 

They aren't a basket case are they ? 

I don't know fully if owners play that much of a thought in players mind. 
They aren't a basket case are they ? 

The did a foreign experiment which saw relegation and have had a few issues in terms of owner not spending much I believe... sounds familiar.

Not heard the Legge rumour though, they’ve just signed Nicky Adams though but lost Danny Rowe so are wheeler dealing at the moment.
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, valiantastic said:

heard he’s in talks with Oldham, not sure i’d wanna go there as a player with all the troubles they have with the owners but best of luck to him if this is true 

If he is then i am sure we will have a replacement lined up,hopefully a younger,athletic CB maybe

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I have noticed Leon Legge has clicked the ‘like’ button on Twitter a lot in relation to anti vaccination which is vey disappointing.

I am sure a lot of younger fans would see him normally as an ideal role model but his views on COVID are very concerning.

• Like 2

On 02/12/2020 at 15:56, valeparklife said:

We need to manage him better.

Unwise to expect him to maintain those early season levels for 50+ games at 35 years old.

Needs to rotate with Brisley.

.... *tumbleweed*

33 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

I have noticed Leon Legge has clicked the ‘like’ button on Twitter a lot in relation to anti vaccination which is vey disappointing.

I am sure a lot of younger fans would see him normally as an ideal role model but his views on COVID are very concerning.

Oh dear!!We are starting before the bloody season has begun 🤔Legge has been amazing for Vale and the community. We are all entitled to an opinion on covid. 

• Like 6

Oh dear!!We are starting before the bloody season has begun Legge has been amazing for Vale and the community. We are all entitled to an opinion on covid. 

Legge has and hopefully will continue to be a terrific ambassador for the club and for epilepsy. Not having a vaccine is fine but encouraging lies on vaccacines is concerning.
I hope the club have a quite word for him. We didn’t need another Tom Pope incident
  • Like 3

I’m a pro Leon fan and hope he has another great season but the anti vaccine views are a bit strange but so are others. It’s his opinion, often “retweeted” from mates but that’s his call so just ignore them if you don’t like them.

10 hours ago, 1 said:

.... *tumbleweed*

In Askey's 4-3-3 he was expected to play every week, and got exposed early on with some very un-Legge type form.

Then he was rested/dropped, had a long break and came back into the team in a back 3.

I don't see your point?

11 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Oh dear!!We are starting before the bloody season has begun 🤔Legge has been amazing for Vale and the community. We are all entitled to an opinion on covid. 

We are entitled. But because of idiots like him, that's the reason we have not been allowed go to games. My opinion of him has gone. Absolute dick ed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

In Askey's 4-3-3 he was expected to play every week, and got exposed early on with some very un-Legge type form.

Then he was rested/dropped, had a long break and came back into the team in a back 3.

I don't see your point?

Just that he no longer plays for Vale, that’s all. He was ok when he was here tbf.

It’s a difficult one, Leon is entitled to his views and many share that view. Even a German study is questioning if it’s a good idea based on deaths from it to deaths saved from it.

I know people who are anti vaccine or not comfortable with it as it has come out really quickly and is technically still in trials for 2 more years.

It’s down to individuals to make their own judgement on it, I’ve personally had both but probably wouldn’t give my kids it at this stage until fully trialled if offered to their age group.

Most are making the call to be jabbed and hopefully it will turn this pandemic into nothing more than flu (as it seems with the deaths/hospitalisations v cases at the moment here).

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Properman said:

We are entitled. But because of idiots like him, that's the reason we have not been allowed go to games. My opinion of him has gone. Absolute dick ed

Nah not really. There is enough vaccine take up for herd immunity once everyone who is wants a jab gets it. Legge is very much in the minority, though it is a much bigger concern in other countries like Japan and the US.

• 4 weeks later...