onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

21 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Just play McKirdy in that role then. 

When Oyeleke is out, which will be more often that not sadly, I would seriously consider Worrall as one of the three midfielders with the task of getting forward and using his engine to good effect. McKirdy on one side, Amoo on the other, and then you have a choice of 4 forwards for the lone role if Askey is sticking to his 4-3-3. But that would give us a little more creativity and much more of a threat, in my opinion. As will playing Montano at left-back over Fitzpatrick once back.

Brown

Gibbons, Legge, Smith, Montano

Worrall/Oyeleke Joyce Conlon

Amoo McKirdy

Cullen/Robinson/Rodney/Pope

Promotion. You're welcome, John.

7 hours ago, TylerB said:

When Oyeleke is out, which will be more often that not sadly, I would seriously consider Worrall as one of the three midfielders with the task of getting forward and using his engine to good effect. McKirdy on one side, Amoo on the other, and then you have a choice of 4 forwards for the lone role if Askey is sticking to his 4-3-3. But that would give us a little more creativity and much more of a threat, in my opinion. As will playing Montano at left-back over Fitzpatrick once back.

Brown

Gibbons, Legge, Smith, Montano

Worrall/Oyeleke Joyce Conlon

Amoo McKirdy

Cullen/Robinson/Rodney/Pope

Promotion. You're welcome, John.

Montano will get forward and overlap far more than Fitz that's for sure, but are Amoo and McKirdy the answer?  The wide men, whoever's selected, have got to do way better than Saturday.  Beat their man more often, better quality on the crosses and, maybe Rodney aside, get more shots off.  Having said this, from my perspective, it doesn't matter who plays where, if we don't move the ball far quicker when in possession the next game will look much the same as Saturdays, because the opposition will now know the score and have way too much time to regain their shape.  Maybe playing Worrall more centrally would give us some legs in the middle, I don't know, but I think this is what Burgess gave us last season, sadly he hasn't managed to recapture that form yet.  Still early days though.

The ball needs to spend a lot more time in and around the opposition box than it has done in the last couple of games.  We're playing keep ball on the halfway line rather than in and around the edge of the opposition 18yd box.  Who knows, if we'd have got the ball in the box a bit more it might have been us winning the penalty.  We may also have given Conlon the chance to tee up a couple more direct free kicks.

The frustrating thing was that whilst Harrogate really worked hard to stifle us, Morecambe didn't have to.

The games gone now so hopefully lessons can be learned and we can start on another unbeaten run.

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Think I’m living in mr bowers head rent free 🤣🤣🤣

Feel free to get in touch. If you have any feedback just message me. I'd rather hear what you have to say than just ignore anything. Entirely down to you 👍🏻

32 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I mean I said what I wanted to say - stick to the football just some friendly advice 🤣 that’s what sky and high level bbc commentators do 

If I’m honest it comes across like you are scared to speak to the bloke.

Classic keyboard warrior approach.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

If I’m honest it comes across like you are scared to speak to the bloke.

Classic keyboard warrior approach.

To be fair he's expressing an opinion he shouldn't need to speak to the bloke.

Already myself had pelters over this. I don't dislike PB but my opinion is probably the length and breadth of the country local radio commentary is poor , in house jokes and laughing at their own jokes. 

A gem on Radio Stoke last week prior to Harrogate was a genius comment from the Stoke guest Angela Smith, I'll go for 1-1 ( Stoke at Preston) because I've viewed two weddings !! 

Yes she actually said that , it was on ifollow just before our commentary kicked in. 

I'm not expecting Guy Mowbray or Martin Tyler but it is just a personal opinion by Vale 1995.

Most people don't like me on here but I don't want to speak to any of them. 

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Already myself had pelters over this. I don't dislike PB but my opinion is probably the length and breadth of the country local radio commentary is poor , in house jokes and laughing at their own jokes. 

A gem on Radio Stoke last week prior to Harrogate was a genius comment from the Stoke guest Angela Smith, I'll go for 1-1 ( Stoke at Preston) because I've viewed two weddings !! 

Yes she actually said that , it was on ifollow just before our commentary kicked in. 

I'm not expecting Guy Mowbray or Martin Tyler but it is just a personal opinion by Vale 1995.

Gloating that he lives “Rent free in his head” in a weird attempt to show off like a 12 year old is an antagonistic move... 1995 clearly wants more to come out of this... but doesn’t want to man up and actually speak to a bloke who simply reached out for a chat in a friendly way.

Keyboard warrior.

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Anyone who's watched the iFollow coverage with the commentary from the opposition perspective will certainly agree with your comment re local radio commentary generally being poor, but I'd argue that PB is world class compared to some of the jokers we've had on there.   The two clowns, and by that I mean no disrespect to the true circus artistes of this world, covering the game for Morecambe were unbearable, spending more time talking gobshite than actually talking about the game.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Gloating that he lives “Rent free in his head” in a weird attempt to show off like a 12 year old is an antagonistic move... 1995 clearly wants more to come out of this... but doesn’t want to man up and actually speak to a bloke who simply reached out for a chat in a friendly way.

Keyboard warrior.

How am I scared to speak to him I said what i wanted to say in previous comments what else is there to say? I can repeat myself if you want me too 

And hardly keyboard warrior have I said anything aggressive no, I had an opinion on the commentary and said it, so many people on here  jump on you for having an opinion that they don’t agree with. Personally think it’s sad that he’s scrolled through  and called me out about it. His job is in the public eye I am entitled to have my opinion. I have not been nasty or personal towards him. Remember when Owen used get slated in bt sports for his commentary do you think he went through forums and started calling people out for them saying they don’t like his commentary. People on here need get a grip and take a here nose half a centre meter back from anyone related to vales two back cheeks and get a grip 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Archived