onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

42 minutes ago, TylerB said:

So Worrall has decent stats last season. So what? He's done next to nothing in four games now. The whole point of having a strong squad is supposed to be that it keeps everyone on there toes and if you don't perform, you get dropped and replaced. While Worrall's work-rate is always there, creativity wise he's offering zero currently. Now Amoo is back he should be benched. Nobody in the side should be made to feel un-droppable regardless of what they might have done months ago for crying out loud.

Just my opinion. Worrall is the first person on my team sheet. Yeah, he hasn’t looked anything like his best recently but I’d back him to start showing it at some point soon. In fairness to Woz, I don’t think having either Mills or Fitz behind him has helped him in the slightest because they offer him no support going forward. I think having attacking full-back suits Worrall’s game. 

Advert

From what I saw we knocked it around the defense with no idea what to do. We worked it to the edge of their area on occasions and were then scared to cross it in. When we did cross it was straight to the keeper. Poor performance. No excitement. I still think we will be in around the play offs. Morcambe were diabolical and they are above us. Poor league by the looks of it so far.

Morecambe did exactly what many of us have said before, stop Joyce and let the centre halves have the ball and we will struggle. When we lost there earlier this year they did exactly the same and constantly let Legge have the ball and as a result we created nothing. The same happened today. We had no outlets because they did very well to close the space down and so we had to go backwards. Maybe that’s also down to our lack of movement in front of the defence too?

So, has everyone calmed down yet?? No, me neither.

Looking at the stats, that’s TWO shots on target in 180 minutes of football, or FOUR in 270 minutes. Let’s not forget that one was Conlon’s worldie against Exeter, the other a weak header by Legge off a set piece yesterday.

That is creating next to nothing and for a side which should be “battling at the top-end” to quote JA yesterday is pathetic.

Furthermore, if you look at Exeter that game could quite easily have gone the other way with them missing three absolute sitters. Manny has played in 2 of these 3 games so it’s not entirely down to his absence.

So yes it’s only one defeat for the first time in 12 and yes it was a “dodgy” penalty but the warning signs are there. I hope we are not going to have a similar frustrating period to last year where we were seemed to be stuck in 10th for an eternity.

We are better than this on paper anyway which doesn’t count for much. Now I am a huge fan of JA’s but his reluctance to change things that clearly aren’t working is concerning. 

His favoured 433 will never work with Cullen, Mils or Fitz I’m afraid. Cullen needs support but you then lose something from wide areas as neither full-back gets forward enough.

Another irritation is that, Askey is constantly saying even in victory that we can/need to get better. We are 6 games in now, so when exactly are we going to hit top gear??? 

It was my worry at the start of the season......we have a squad good enough to gain automatic promotion bar the fact we haven’t got a striker who will get us over 20 goals in the league and it is looking like that is the case. I didn’t watch the match yesterday but it sounds very much like Pope should have come on and we should be getting crosses in for him, conditions will have been awful so we need to be more direct at times.

19 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Hence why a midfielder should have been signed. Said it for ages and get shot down. We are a midfielder short. 

lets think-jake taylors available for 12month loan-oh s--- hes gone to scunny. someones cocked up!🤐:board::opps:

2 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

lets think-jake taylors available for 12month loan-oh s--- hes gone to scunny. someones cocked up!🤐:board::opps:

Agree, we’ve not got enough goals from the strikers so we need a midfielder who can give us over 15 goals a season, currently, we don’t have that but Taylor could have done. 

9 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

Just my opinion. Worrall is the first person on my team sheet. Yeah, he hasn’t looked anything like his best recently but I’d back him to start showing it at some point soon

Wozza from last season I would agree but what is the point investing in a squad to provide competition for places if you keep playing players him when they are struggling for form.  Its a sure fire way to demotivate the squad.

I disagree re strikers. We have got three experienced strikers who are proven goal scorers at this level and a very exciting prospect in Rodney. Most teams in this league would kill for that.

We are simply not playing to their strengths, we are trying to fit players into a formation, not finding a formation to fit the players in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I disagree re strikers. We have got three experienced strikers who are proven goal scorers at this level and a very exciting prospect in Rodney. Most teams in this league would kill for that.

We are simply not playing to their strengths, we are trying to fit players into a formation, not finding a formation to fit the players in my opinion.

Decent strikers but I don’t see any of them scoring over 20 goals this season, despite us having one of the best squads in the division.

Archived