onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, boslemportvale91 said:

That was a dreadful performance from us , reminded me of an Aspin type of game. Painful to watch.

I understand Pope needs match fitness but for me he would have been much suited better then Robinson today.

Bobby Madden can go in the bin as well. Sorry excuse of a ref. I'm getting sick of complaining about these refs now but the standard is getting worse each season.

Chalk it down as a really bad day at the office and quickly move on and get a result next Saturday.

If Pope today isn't fit enough for 15 minutes then he really needs to retire.

Advert

18 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Worrall's biggest issue is that he's taking up a position where it's imperative whoever plays there creates. Our midfield three are solid, we need our two wide players to be the one's causing teams problems and he doesn't do that anywhere near enough. You could have put him where Burgess was today and had McKirdy on, someone who can create a bit of something. Askey got things wrong today, big time.

Agree with this. Unfortunately Worrall created nothing again, and Cullen was anonymous again. We need to change it up top, and personally I’d go McKirdy, Rodney, Amoo. It doesn’t help that Fitz offers absolutely nothing as an attacking threat. If Monty is fit, I don’t want to see Fitz anywhere near the starting 11. 

Yes the penalty was a joke and it should have finished 0-0, but it’s worrying how little we created. Back down to earth with a bang. 

While we're going for the throat, why were those dlckheads playing balls back to Brown and rolling it across the backline when it's the fourth minute of injury time and we need a goal? WHY?

If the fans were in today I would have had a few choice words for the collective team as they walked off, and Askey as an individual. Don't get me started on the referee. Four <ovf censored> <ovf censored> <ovf censored> <ovf censored> <ovf censored> games in a row now where we've had a howler of a major decision inexplicably given against us. 

I'm incredulous at Askeys one dimensional outlook. I've tried to reason why he is so conservative. I can't come up with anything remotely logical as to explain his tactical stubbornness. 

8 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Wow, 3 shots in 90 mins. Words fail me.

I know Askey has his favoured way of playing but this was a 442 game if ever there was one. Rodney and Cullen central, two wide men and two defensive midfielders, probably Joyce and Whitehead. These were never the conditions for tippy-tappy football.

Horrible defeat has someone’s said, and let’s not kid ourselves, it could have been worse but for more Brown heroics. 

I’d say this is one of the poorest results of Askey’s management.

As for the penalty, it was a stupid challenge anyway, so can’t really grumble if the ref points to the spot.

Really not happy with that tonight 😡😡😡😡😡😠😠😠😠😡😡😡

Agree except for the pen. You bloody well can still grumble. 

A so called Premier League referee being conned by that pathetic dive. It's obscene. <ovf censored> off back to Norway. We shouldn't have to go into every game EXPECTING the match officials to be so inadequate. But we do. Because they frigging are. 

7 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Agree with this. Unfortunately Worrall created nothing again, and Cullen was anonymous again. We need to change it up top, and personally I’d go McKirdy, Rodney, Amoo. It doesn’t help that Fitz offers absolutely nothing as an attacking threat. If Monty is fit, I don’t want to see Fitz anywhere near the starting 11. 

Yes the penalty was a joke and it should have finished 0-0, but it’s worrying how little we created. Back down to earth with a bang. 

Cullen is a link player. He would link up well with Pope up top, and perhaps Rodney. But he's not particularly quick and he certainly won't out muscle centre-backs in League Two, and playing him on his own away from home is nothing short of a crime. I'm already sick and tired of this 4-3-2-1 formation. I'm not calling it 4-3-3, as that would be giving too much credit and make it sound more attacking than it actually is. Our two wide men right now are a somewhat out of sorts Worrall, who isn't quick and doesn't beat defenders with skill or pace, and a promising but very raw Rodney who is going to have bad games while he's learning.

Against Carlisle, at home, just play 4-4-fudging-2 and actually try to score a few goals instead of hoping our brilliant back line bails us out time and again and we nick a goal, which has 100% been the tactics in the last couple of games.

- Brown

- Gibbons

- Brisley

- Legge

- Fitzpatrick (Montano when fit!)

- McKirdy

- Joyce

- Conlon

- Amoo

- Rodney

- Cullen/Robinson

If we see the same thing as the last two things at home to Carlisle then Mr. Askey should be asked some serious questions. Has he come out and apologised for that shower yet?!

7 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

It doesn’t help that Fitz offers absolutely nothing as an attacking threat. If Monty is fit, I don’t want to see Fitz anywhere near the starting 11. 

In the space of about 5 minutes late on in the game he gave away the ball cheaply twice in his own half, and then got megged.

Just now, Santa said:

In the space of about 5 minutes late on in the game he gave away the ball cheaply twice in his own half, and then got megged.

Yeah he’s looked very poor. Don’t see why he keeps getting picked. Been very disappointed by both new full backs to be fair. 

We could and should be sitting here quite easily with 12 points from 12, and feeling good about life a little despite the world going to <ovf censored>. Instead we now have 7 in 12 which considering the strength of our squad is pretty damn average, and the very least one would fairly expect.

And now we have to wait a whole week to hopefully get back on the horse and put this shocker behind us. I don't care about the Wigan game midweek. I'd rather watch Murder She Wrote.

Literally shocking performance,  askey is so stubborn in his ways that can’t do anything to change a game and that could cost us put Pope upfront for the last 30 minutes with Cullen or Robinson’s to play off him a lot could of had a chance. Everyone could see we weren’t good enough and something needed to change why couldn’t our manager see this. Burgess Worrall Fitzpatrick Cullen (not much he could of done) Robinson Rodney simply not good enough should be embarrassed. Don’t know what’s happened to Worrall but he’s miles off the pace and shouldn’t have a place nailed down because of how he played last season his form has been dreadful so far this season. Mckirdy picked up a slight knock so I went risked for today he should be available next weekend I would like to see him get his chance as we are crying out for some creaticity

Archived