onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Agree with a lot of that, but Taylor isn't creative. His all round game is very basic, he just got on the end of stuff for us. But having him in the side wouldn't suddenly mean we would create more chances. This 4-3-2-1 formation needs to go, and only played in certain games. Teams are already figuring us out.

Against teams like this the formation is trash. As you said why not play two up front here? I’m not a fan of Robinson but him and Cullen are not loan strikers. Why not try them together for once? Just poor management today 

18 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I know that, mate. But they're so poor with our possession we should have put them to the sword. Shocking performance.

We had twice as much Possession as them but half as many shots !  Scott Brown made two good saves, their keeper none . We got what we deserved - Possession means nothing - goals mean points not possession.  Its like having a 12 inch pen1s but keeping it in its holster.  Once in a while it pays to have a shot. On a wet greasy pitch we had none.   One up front again - Takes Cullen off ...... Puts Theo on rather than putting Dave in the middle and Amoo on the wing .  Bad decision making today from top to bottom.

A bit of a shocker really. We paid for not converting first half dominance into goals or clearcut chances.

I wasn't surprised that the second half was more even.

I said last week Askey didn't have a Plan B to break down stubborn teams and again we didn't have much about us, other than knocking harmless passes sideways and backwards or the occasional big diagonal that got closed down while it was in the air.

Worrall and Conlon were nice and tidy first half without hurting Morecambe and ineffective in the second. Nobody really looked like they wanted to beat a man. It was harmless sideways/backwards stuff.

Askey doesn't know his best combination in the midfield three or the front three, and too many of his summer signings look like they haven't got enough about them to be the first pick in their position. 

I've been a big fan of Askey but I'm fuming right now. I want his nutsack on toast for my supper. Morecambe are bang average despite their position and any decent side today would have pumped them. We could have been playing this game tomorrow morning still, and we still wouldn't have scored.

Again very poor.

Should really have been 0-0 but for the awful refereeing decision. 

But we are not creating anything at all and that's 2 weeks in a row we've been pretty dreadful.

We ought to have shaken things up at half time and changed things drastically but we didn't and it was like watching paint dry.

Never in a month of Sundays will that XI score us enough goals. Nothing from midfield and toothless up front.

It's really frustrating for the second week in a row. 1/6 against teams we should be looking to beat if we want to achieve anything.

What exactly is Plan B?

Wow, 3 shots in 90 mins. Words fail me.

I know Askey has his favoured way of playing but this was a 442 game if ever there was one. Rodney and Cullen central, two wide men and two defensive midfielders, probably Joyce and Whitehead. These were never the conditions for tippy-tappy football.

Horrible defeat has someone’s said, and let’s not kid ourselves, it could have been worse but for more Brown heroics. 

I’d say this is one of the poorest results of Askey’s management.

As for the penalty, it was a stupid challenge anyway, so can’t really grumble if the ref points to the spot.

Really not happy with that tonight 😡😡😡😡😡😠😠😠😠😡😡😡

Yep not too good that but for more than half the game we passed it and kept it well. We were far better than them but as we know that doesn't mean you're going to win. We'll play worse than that and win games this season that is a fact. 

We don't have anybody who can pick a pass to unlock any massed defence.....they had 10 men behind the ball from minute one and I had a horrible sense they would nick one. The "penalty", well, terrible decision BUT as soon as the lad went to ground I looked at Madley and thought he'll give this.....and he did.

That's the fourth game of the season in the league there is no need to "go daft", as I say we'll play far worse and win. I hope JA looks at the tactics though cos everybody int his league will be looking at videos of the last two weeks and parking the bus.

Oh well, beer time and let's see how we go Tuesday. We were never going to walk this League whatever anybody felt and there will be quite a few games like this.....just feels sh1te now.

That was a dreadful performance from us , reminded me of an Aspin type of game. Painful to watch.

I understand Pope needs match fitness but for me he would have been much suited better then Robinson today.

Bobby Madden can go in the bin as well. Sorry excuse of a ref. I'm getting sick of complaining about these refs now but the standard is getting worse each season.

Chalk it down as a really bad day at the office and quickly move on and get a result next Saturday.

Archived