onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

We can't also pretend we are Bayern Munich.

Keep hearing and reading that Harrogate and Morecambe have stopped us playing.

Well it's up to us to earn the right. I really don't understand today's abomination. Puerile performance. 

Not one real goal attempt. Legges header wasn't really a clear chance. 

Terrible for the 3rd year in a row against them .

Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

Its the same problem as last season, we clearly dont have enough goals in us.

Don't we? Or is it because the <ovf censored> manager insists on hoofing the ball up to one up front, shows no sign of plan B and C and is always late with subs?

I refrained from saying anything about the shape and line up before KO even after the Harrogate showing because we were unbeaten but christ he's plssed me off today. Not as much as Madley though. Better go find the 50 parts the tv remote has been shattered into. 

The irony of the lack of creativity from our front 5 players is that we’ve seen our best chances come from a returning full back. We can’t rely on that, we need to see more from Rodney, Worral, Cullen, Conlon and burgess if we to do anything in this league.

i don’t think we deserved to win and I don’t think we deserved to lose either. Penalty looked really harsh to me. 

When is JA going to come up with a plan B? 

Not a penalty for me but we just haven't done enough again to create any chances. When are we going to start putting balls in the box? It's just sideways and backwarrds all game. I could have played centre half for Morecambe today far to easy for them.

If JA doesn't figure this out we are going to draw as many as we win again.

Dire that. Absalutley dire. Crap last week and even worse this week. Stop <ovf censored> picking the same tactics of one up top every week. Works against some teams not all. We’ve got to have a bit of flexibility surely?!?! Cullen should not be starting away from home. Yet to score away from home for us and certainly won’t if we have tactics like that! They were <ovf censored>, I though Harrogate were poor as well last week but thought maybe they stopped us playing. Don’t think so. We look clueless against sides like this and void of any kind of creativity. 

Losing a game and having pope and amoo sat on the bench having not even played a minute isn’t on. We’re already losing why make subs for players in the same positions?!?! 

Ive said it loads and I’ll keep saying it. We are short in midfield. We have no creativity. We had Taylor last season who would walk into this side. Without manny our midfield really isn’t that good. 

Horrible defeat that 

oh and the ref should have his wages docked. Disgraceful that

Poor performance, We have to get better at breaking teams down who sit back and park the bus.

Unfortunately we won’t be the surprise package this year... We will face plenty of teams that sit back and know we aren’t as good at creating opportunities around the box.

This game was crying out for McKirdy.

I think Theo Robinson will do well for us but I can't understand why Pope wasn't brought on. Even if he was short of fitness, it would have given us an aerial outlet. It was the sort of scrappy game that could have worked well for him. 

I like the look of Whitehead and I wonder if he should be starting ahead of Burgess? He looked lively when he came on as a sub. 

On the plus side, nice to see Gibbo back at least.

16 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Worrall has no end product for a wide man.

Not gonna panic but this is a poor performance.

Like others say, I don't think Cullen away from home works.

McKirdy would have been good for this type of game to create something from nothing.

Worrall has had a poor start to the season BUT he was our best player last season. The number of times he is getting pulled up as offside today was ridiculous.  Its a difficult call for Askey as he also knows what a good player he can be.

Garbage. Pope was needed today but didn't even get on the pitch. We need to be beating mediocre teams like Morecambe if we want to finish in the top three. Poor choice to play Cullen up front on his own. Even worse to make a straight swap for Robinson. 

I'm not happy about the limp way in which we've approached this game today. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Dire that. Absalutley dire. Crap last week and even worse this week. Stop <ovf censored> picking the same tactics of one up top every week. Works against some teams not all. We’ve got to have a bit of flexibility surely?!?! Cullen should not be starting away from home. Yet to score away from home for us and certainly won’t if we have tactics like that! They were <ovf censored>, I though Harrogate were poor as well last week but thought maybe they stopped us playing. Don’t think so. We look clueless against sides like this and void of any kind of creativity. 

Losing a game and having pope and amoo sat on the bench having not even played a minute isn’t on. We’re already losing why make subs for players in the same positions?!?! 

Ive said it loads and I’ll keep saying it. We are short in midfield. We have no creativity. We had Taylor last season who would walk into this side. Without manny our midfield really isn’t that good. 

Horrible defeat that 

oh and the ref should have his wages docked. Disgraceful that

Agree with a lot of that, but Taylor isn't creative. His all round game is very basic, he just got on the end of stuff for us. But having him in the side wouldn't suddenly mean we would create more chances. This 4-3-2-1 formation needs to go, and only played in certain games. Teams are already figuring us out.

Archived