onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe v Port Vale

Fosse69

37 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

All those players you mentioned were due to play today. TBH it wouldn’t surprise if he went with one of 2 options if Mills is injured.

Same team except straight swap with Gibbo for Mills or same team except Smith at right back with Brisley at centre half. 

Have to admit I'd go Smithy at RB and Brisley at CH with Gibbo on the bench. I really liked Smithy at RB last season and before anybody jumps on me I know he is not a RB BUT he is the type of lad who gives 100% wherever, good in the air and he is not afraid to overlap even if sometimes that first touch leaves a lot to be desired. Gibbo can come on when and if necessary to get some game time.

I would like to see Rodders through the middle and McKirdy getting some time on the pitch....there is so much depth that it can be changed if the wheels fall off. I don't think Cullen is a poor player but Morecambe's defence would be bricking it against Rodders pace on the break or chasing down.

I've watched all the games via iFollow and I have to say Fitzy for me at LB is a "Steady Eddie" and Monty will have to get him out to get the shirt....I'd certainly only put Monty in at home rather in an away game where we might have a bit more defending to do....or just to make changes. That back four is looking solid and with Browny behind them that is the base of a promotion season.

Advert

I reckon Smith is a stonking right back! Nothing gets past him and he gets forward as well.

The point about Rodney's pace and strength down the middle is valid too. Surely only a matter of time before Conlon can feed him again, as at Exeter.

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

I reckon Smith is a stonking right back! Nothing gets past him and he gets forward as well.

The point about Rodney's pace and strength down the middle is valid too. Surely only a matter of time before Conlon can feed him again, as at Exeter.

We can get away with him there on the odd occasion when the opposition isn’t expecting it. But don’t forget the bad game he had at Walsall away when he kept his place at right back following the Colchester home game and Walsall just played it around him at times. 

9 hours ago, PV1973 said:

We can get away with him there on the odd occasion when the opposition isn’t expecting it. But don’t forget the bad game he had at Walsall away when he kept his place at right back following the Colchester home game and Walsall just played it around him at times. 

I've only seen the Colchester and Harrogate cameos, so he's a colossus in my limited experience 😃

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Definitely no Mills then who’s out for possibly 4 weeks according to the Sentinel. 

Looks like a straight choice then between Smudge and Gibbo. As Askey couldn't check Gibbo's fitness in the cancelled friendly with Accy, it probably favours Smudge. This is where the strength of our squad really comes into its own.

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Looks like a straight choice then between Smudge and Gibbo. As Askey couldn't check Gibbo's fitness in the cancelled friendly with Accy, it probably favours Smudge. This is where the strength of our squad really comes into its own.

Would've thought still too early for Gibbo, bench at best.  Brisley was fine on Saturday when he came on and Smudge moved seamlessly to RB so I'd be surprised if JA changed it.  Possibly any change may come further up the park with Cullen perhaps sacrificed away from home, but this is probably unlikely given the manager is usually quite loyal and not quick to change when the team isn't losing games.

15 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Would've thought still too early for Gibbo, bench at best.  Brisley was fine on Saturday when he came on and Smudge moved seamlessly to RB so I'd be surprised if JA changed it.  Possibly any change may come further up the park with Cullen perhaps sacrificed away from home, but this is probably unlikely given the manager is usually quite loyal and not quick to change when the team isn't losing games.

You have hit the nail on the head with this post. Cullen is the conundrum, still i believe yet to score away from home for us ?

Sometimes he is isolated and doesn't seem strong enough to play the lone man. Can't be dropped as does well the previous week at home usually. Harsh to be hard on him as the lone furrow is very difficult to play away from home.

For this Saturday i'd like to see Rodney given the central role to both give a physical presence and the speed factor. Start McKirdy for his ability to open up a defence.

Don't think Gibbons is worth the risk just yet a while until more up to speed .

Expect us to win this. Poor side that concede for fun and are consistently one of the weaker sides in the league. 

Id move Smith to right back if gibbons isn’t ready and start mckirdy for Cullen with Rodney up top. 

If we’re to go up or challenge at the top we need to be beating sides like this 

Expect us to win this. Poor side that concede for fun and are consistently one of the weaker sides in the league. 
Id move Smith to right back if gibbons isn’t ready and start mckirdy for Cullen with Rodney up top. 
Expect to win, usually lose. That's been the vale mantra over the past few years. We can't go in expecting to win. We need to earn the right to win against every team in this league. If we concentrate on our own game and don't get dragged down, we have a decent chance of winning

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Expect to win, usually lose. That's been the vale mantra over the past few years. We can't go in expecting to win. We need to earn the right to win against every team in this league. If we concentrate on our own game and don't get dragged down, we have a decent chance of winning

Oh yeah of course. On paper this is a match we must be winning if we have aspirations of promotion 

Archived