onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Standard of match officials

Doha

Another frustrating match as a result of yet another weak referee stopping the game every 30 seconds.

I have noticed now that in our three league games so far, all three have seen serious fouls committed on Vale players. A deliberate elbow, a deliberate stamp and today a dangerous studs up lunge straight through Smith. All three transgressors stayed on the pitch because of the incompetence of the officials. These are game changing decisions. 

Are we following up on this!?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Advert

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Another frustrating match as a result of yet another weak referee stopping the game every 30 seconds.

I have noticed now that in our three league games so far, all three have seen serious fouls committed on Vale players. A deliberate elbow, a deliberate stamp and today a dangerous studs up lunge straight through Smith. All three transgressors stayed on the pitch because of the incompetence of the officials. These are game changing decisions. 

Are we following up on this!?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Horror show !3 reds and pathetic referee in all games.The standard is worse than ladsandads at times in League 2.

I've seen Ben Toner referee a few of our games before now but I've never known him be so fussy. It felt like he was piping up every few seconds.

He was the assistant referee who overruled the ref to give a penalty against us at Fleetwood a few years ago, even though he was a teacher at the local high school there.

I've seen Ben Toner referee a few of our games before now but I've never known him be so fussy. It felt like he was piping up every few seconds.
He was the assistant referee who overruled the ref to give a penalty against us at Fleetwood a few years ago, even though he was a teacher at the local high school there.
Graham Salisbury takes a bit of beating

The first two were sneaky cowardly fouls.

Yesterday's was a possible leg breaker, disgusting tackle and disgusting decision by the ref .

Sadly standards are poor all over. 

I watched Brighton game before ours and Rashford was at least 5 yards off and Massey didn't flag. Rightly overruled by VAR but do they get a warning or punishment or just demoted to our level. 

I'm of the opinion of you aren't good enough for the Premier League then you aren't good enough for League 2 either . 

Are some officials a bit more lenient when playing in empty stadiums? Are they dishing out fewer cards than normal? I wonder. Any stats on it anywhere?

Not that it's an excuse. 

All three, above, were dreadful challenges.  And they are brilliantly captured by Doha. But referees remember only get one split second view of what happens. 

I presume he gets help from his linesmen and the fourth official who must have seen the tackle on Smith from where he was standing.

17 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Are some officials a bit more lenient when playing in empty stadiums? Are they dishing out fewer cards than normal? I wonder. Any stats on it anywhere?

Not that it's an excuse. 

All three, above, were dreadful challenges.  And they are brilliantly captured by Doha. But referees remember only get one split second view of what happens. 

I presume he gets help from his linesmen and the fourth official who must have seen the tackle on Smith from where he was standing.

We need more linesmen like the one at Cheltenham in March. He's that good he can see 200 yards away through a sea of bodies. 

2 hours ago, GEOFF B said:
15 hours ago, Santa said:

Graham Salisbury takes a bit of beating

Trevor Kettle?

This is a hobby horse of mine, but referee's are not cheats. They may get things wrong, but they are not cheats. Not even the much maligned Trevor Kettle. 

I realise that the topic is about referee's supposed incompetence, but if players did not play act and in effect cheat, then the referee's job would be a hell of a lot easier. 

I personally think that more attention should be focused on players attitude in their approach to the game as opposed to the referee's interpretation of the rules. 

In my view, it's the players who are far more responsible for broken play by their antics, as opposed to poor refereeing.

It's a pity more supporters did not share this view. 

Archived