onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton Wanderers

boslemportvale91

Lost every game so far and have yet to score in the league. Whilst it's early days still Bolton look to be really struggling and fans are already calling for the managers head. They signed another two players today which is a total of twenty signings so far. 

I still expect to see them near the top this season but it seems Bolton haven't learned their lessons from the last few years. 

Advert

I have a good friend who's a Bolton fan and she thought they were going to piss the league! 😄

To be fair they may still turn it around as they do have some good players at this level, and probably just need a scrappy win somewhere to get going. But League Two is no walk in the park, and they have quickly found that out!

ITs a club like ours was with a losing culture and huge turnover, plus some of the signings are not outstanding, Doyle decent, but was crap at Bradford, maybe one of those that just fitted into Swindon's playing style, Sarcevic is out at the moment and their main big player from last season Politic is out for months and possibly wont feature this season (think hes done his ACL in pre season).

Portsmouth are a big club and took 4 years to get out of L2 so by no means easy and Bolton have gone from favourites to about 14/1 I think (Vale currently joint second favs I think).

It will take time to turn that club around, I am sure they will stay up (although no relegation if the National League fails to start) but their fans need to realise the situation they've had that it will take time to turn around.

17 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

They do appear to be a bit of a Notts County from their relegation season. They too had on paper a strong squad, but it never gelled and unless Bolton start winning soon, it will be a tough comeback. 

Should be safe from relegation as long as their finances don't collapse completely. I'm sure we'll see a few clubs entering administration and getting hit with points deductions.

Archived