Match Thread : Port Vale v Harrogate Town

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some absolute tripe posted in here today. Apparently Worrall doesn’t have the pace to play in this system, even though he was player of the year in it last season.    Obviously was a poor game,

What are crewe riding? A fart bubble?

Carls a genius. He says we need to look at playing better than we have today. Amazed JA hasn't called him up for a coaching role.

Posted Images

That was horrible but a point. We were just off the pace today, much better second half but lacking quality when it counted. Wasn't Wozza's day today but thought he should have scored. It was like watching one of those FA cup 1st round games against non league opposition where we couldn't get into the game 1st half at all. Move on, still unbeaten...not a league goal conceded and Harrogate will ruffle some feathers in this league this season, I think.....they ruffled ours for part of the game.

• Like 1

We were out ran and out fought in that game. I know the conditions are difficult in the wind but our passing and decision making was atrocious. 

What is really disappointing is the few occasions we get the ball in box we didn't have enough players who want to get in there.

I'm sorry but that performance is just not good enough.

• Like 2

Just now, MBE said:

We were out ran and out fought in that game. I know the conditions are difficult in the wind but our passing and decision making was atrocious. 

What is really disappointing is the few occasions we get the ball in box we didn't have enough players who want to get in there.

Tell me you're trolling?

Jesus <ovf censored> Christ.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 2

We weren’t great - but really?
  • Like 2

Thought Worrall was poor today and, when Amoo comes back, he is probably favourite to make way for me.  Thought he was awful with his passing today.

Never had a moment against them. Probably a bad time to play them as they're still riding the promotion wave. They will fall away in a couple of months I think as there isnt much quality in their side, just a load of hard work.

Take the point, still yet to concede a league goal and move on to next week against a pretty poor Morecambe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Tell me you're trolling?

Jesus <ovf censored> Christ.

He's right about passing and decision making. The amount of loose panicked balls being turned over was pathetic. 

Askey got it wrong in the first half.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

Just now, eh up nah said:

Thought Worrall was poor today and, when Amoo comes back, he is probably favourite to make way for me.  Thought he was awful with his passing today.

Never had a moment against them. Probably a bad time to play them as they're still riding the promotion wave. They will fall away in a couple of months I think as there isnt much quality in their side, just a load of hard work.

Take the point, still yet to concede a league goal and move on to next week against a pretty poor Morecambe.

Hard work and organisation gets you far in League Two. If they regularly defend as well as they did today they have every chance of being up there come the end of the season.

Frustrating game but props to Harrogate for making it difficult. Ugly and physical side but it does the job. 

That ref was ridiculous though, every time a Harrogate player went down the ref blew his whistle. League 2 standard refereeing is still really poor. That should have been a red for the Smith foul in my opinion. 

Still that's three clean sheets now which shows how solid we are at the back. Legge MOTM today for me , won practically everything. 

With Pope , Amoo and Gibbons close to being back Hopefully we can really push on and keep the momentum going.

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Doha said:

He's right about passing and decision making. The amount of loose panicked balls being turned over was pathetic. 

Askey got it wrong in the first half.

First half was poor, second half much better. But to say the performance was unacceptable is an absolute load of nonsense.

• Like 4

Really tedious match to watch. Not really the fault of Vale as Harrogate were basically just physically resolute and I must say their fitness levels were very impressive. Their actual football was turgid to watch and they never really had any pace to threaten us and make the game more open. 

For Vale, I felt we could have been much better. Some really scrappy stuff especially from Rodney and Worrall meant that our attacks lost the momentum I’d been used to in recent games. Mckirdy looked good when he came on and helped to stretch their shape a bit more but I think that was because he had fresher legs than actually being a better alternative to Worrall. 

Never actually noticed Cullen was on the pitch for most of the game but that was really due to a lack of service. 

A draw was right, I never bought the commentator view of Bowers that we were stretched. They had a lot of the ball at the end of the first half but did little with it. 

Overall the hardest battle in this match was staying awake. 

• Like 2

Our best attack in terms of ability right now would be McKirdy, Amoo and Pope or Cullen, depending on the opposition. Rodney can be an absolute handful but right now he would be better as an option from the bench against tiring opposition. Worrall has been bang average so far and I still think he's more of a busy midfielder than a wide player.

• Like 1