onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

3 hours ago, GingerValiant said:

I think this will be our toughest game yet as I can see these being physical and not letting us get in the rhythm of our game. I fancy us to nick it 1-0 with Conlon scoring in a scrappy game 

I'm sure Manny, Usain, Smithy, Conlon and Leggey will relish that then. 

Advert

1 hour ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

We will have to careful in this game just watched the highlights from Saturday of second half and twice from crosses what should not off come in from Mills side Smith has let someone free for a header,and free for a tap in but luckily what  a brilliant save from Scott Brown so in my opinion we need to eradicate that happening or our good start will cease as eventually opposition players will put them away .

Watched Harrowgate v West Brom in cup they had more possession than the premier league shadow team and look like they play direct so we have to be at it .

Team well you would start with same eleven as v Exeter but if I had to make a change it would be Smith for Mills and move Brisley or Crookes to Smiths position as at present the right back side of our defence looks the most likely to present the opposition with hope of creating anything .

Keep it tight and let’s hope Worrall delivers his best game ,a scrappy 1-0 Cullen will do but be warned we cannot give opposition chances like we did sat after going 2-0 up because as daft as it seems that game could easily have ended 2-2 because of players switching off .

UTV 

We have one of the best centre half pairings in the league, there’s no chance of Smith being moved from a centre half unless absolutely necessary. Of course there’s no guarantee we’ll keep a clean sheet every week because teams will always get a chance in any game. But If anything I’d be putting Gibbo in for Mills if he’s fit. I just think that Gibbo offers more going forward and defensively.  But I’d have no complaints if they kept the same side for the Harrogate game. 

We have one of the best centre half pairings in the league, there’s no chance of Smith being moved from a centre half unless absolutely necessary. Of course there’s no guarantee we’ll keep a clean sheet every week because teams will always get a chance in any game. But If anything I’d be putting Gibbo in for Mills if he’s fit. I just think that Gibbo offers more going forward and defensively.  But I’d have no complaints if they kept the same side for the Harrogate game. 

Ignore the the post you’ve quoted he has a personal issue with Smith over Smith being a stoke fan as a youngster.

11 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Just noticed that the FA Trophy final is this Sunday... Harrogate play the semi tomorrow so if they win that would then assume our game is off?

The FA Trophy Final is no longer on Sunday 27th - BBC link

Harrogate do play the semi-final at Notts County tomorrow night (Tuesday) though, so hopefully they'll have a tough game before facing us on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Just noticed that the FA Trophy final is this Sunday... Harrogate play the semi tomorrow so if they win that would then assume our game is off?

Cheers for that information. They have Notts County away in a one off tie, as you rightly say they play at Wembley on Sunday if they win.

Just seen that Kalamazoo Kid has posted at the same time, so looks like won't affect us now

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Cheers for that information. They have Notts County away in a one off tie, as you rightly say they play at Wembley on Sunday if they win.

Find that pretty staggering to be fair.

That final has been postponed with no new date yet decided.

3 hours ago, Doha said:

VFIDG, formerly VFIA, is my favourite ovf nutter of all time. 

Hi Doha

As the site ifollow expert any tips for a trouble free Saturday? I have my season ticket code and have entered it on the official club site, as a few posters have suggested. I watch via my company laptop. I was expecting to get forwarded to a count down to kick off page. I have this on my mobile. Instead it simply states I have access to the match

image.thumb.png.473c90af4e705d1219a330764e1a137b.png

14 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

Hi Doha

As the site ifollow expert any tips for a trouble free Saturday? I have my season ticket code and have entered it on the official club site, as a few posters have suggested. I watch via my company laptop. I was expecting to get forwarded to a count down to kick off page. I have this on my mobile. Instead it simply states I have access to the match

image.thumb.png.473c90af4e705d1219a330764e1a137b.png

Was it the code you got emailed today?

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/september/ifollow-codes-harrogate/

Season Ticket holders should immediately test the code sent to them with the iFollow system – ON THE DEVICE THEY INTEND TO USE FOR WATCHING THE MATCH.

There isn't really a count down of sorts. I've just bought the game as well to test it and trying to access the stream will just bring up this page where it confirms the stream won't go live until 2pm.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/september/port-vale-vs-harrogate-town-on-26-sep-20/

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Was it the code you got emailed today?

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/september/ifollow-codes-harrogate/

There isn't really a count down of sorts. I've just bought the game as well to test it and trying to access the stream will just bring up this page where it confirms the stream won't go live until 2pm.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/september/port-vale-vs-harrogate-town-on-26-sep-20/

yes it the code I received today but I dont get the link you posted. I have now clicked that and look set up for saturday. Many thanks

Think he’ll go with the same team if everyone is fit. 

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Fitz

Manny  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall  Cullen  Rodney 

For me, that is our strongest combination in midfield and should play every week barring injuries and loss of form.

I’d like to see Gibbo and Monty come back in when the time is right, especially at home, to give us that extra attacking threat.

Will be interesting when Amoo and McKirdy are fully fit. If Rodney has come to Vale to play through the middle, then that adds to the dilemma. Maybe away from home there is a case to move Rodney into the middle and bring in Amoo, which will give us plenty of pace as outlets. 

Trying not to get too overexcited, as it’s very early days. However, I think a good start was paramount to a promotion push, and we are well on our way to doing that. Look forward to Saturday. UTV. 

Archived