Premier League 20/21

TylerB

Advert:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I still wouldn’t go with Pickford, I just don’t rate him. I agree he’s been better for England but he’s just not that good (at all) and is a mistake waiting to happen. I think I’d go:

Pope

Trippier. Stones. McGuire. Shaw. 
Rice. Mount. 
Foden. Grealish. Sterling. 
Kane. 

Mad how strong our side is in terms of attacking options, sancho and rashford on the bench. I imagine Henderson will start in place or grealish or foden and then mount further forward, probably rashford as well. 

I think they all have different qualities. Pickford is certainly miles better than both Pope and Henderson in regards to passing the ball out from the back. But Pope is much safer than Pickford with better handling, and Henderson probably the best out of all three overall, but he won't get picked if he's not playing for United.

We have an attack that can win the Euros but much will depend on us stumbling on a decent and settled back four, and Southgate actually embracing the fact that we have the potential to be so good and dangerous going forward. As of right now I think his team would look like this, which is far different than what most people would pick.

Pickford

Trippier

Maguire

Dier

Chilwell

Rice

Henderson

Mount

Rashford

Sterling

Kane

Or if he played with three at the back you could replace one of Rice or more likely Henderson with someone like Mings or Coady. A Maguire and Dier combination gives me nightmares.

8 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I doubt you'll shift the front 3 of Sterling, Kane and Rashford, if they're all fit.

Kane and Sterling I can accept but I'd put Rashford behind Grealish and Sancho myself. Rashford is a good player and a match-winner on his day, but for United he blows hot and cold far too much. He can go 10 games where he'll score 7 or 8 and look like a world-beater and then play 10 games where he looks no more than a mid-table Premier League player. There's not much middle ground with Rashford, he's either excellent or bang average.

Advert:

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

He's being found out. Never had injuries until this season.

His masterstroke a Schalke centre half who are bottom of the Bundesliga and a Preston centre half.

Amazing how much impact one man (van Dijk) has had on that team. The stark difference has been shown twice now, from before his signing to him being a regular, and now again since his absence through injury.

Just shows what £75M gets you! 😆

It's a funny old game. Liverpool put in their best performance for a while for 80 minutes and scored a brilliant goal. But as soon as it went to 1-1 the confidence fell through the floor, and Alisson has suddenly turned into Jonny Brain. Leicester are a good side too and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they finish second this season. I think they have a much better team on paper than United who are second currently.

Advert:

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

It's a funny old game. Liverpool put in their best performance for a while for 80 minutes and scored a brilliant goal. But as soon as it went to 1-1 the confidence fell through the floor, and Alisson has suddenly turned into Jonny Brain. Leicester are a good side too and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they finish second this season. I think they have a much better team on paper than United who are second currently.

Think your lot are paying the price for treading water. Citeh have quietly upgraded. Leicester are pretty good, and now capable of grinding out results. United are so meh, but they do have a couple of good players.

Everton always flatter to deceive. Chelski have some good players and a decent manager. Unless Leicester collapse like last season...

Top four,

Citeh

Foxes

Man U

Chelski

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Think your lot are paying the price for treading water. Citeh have quietly upgraded. Leicester are pretty good, and now capable of grinding out results. United are so meh, but they do have a couple of good players.

Everton always flatter to deceive. Chelski have some good players and a decent manager. Unless Leicester collapse like last season...

Top four,

Citeh

Foxes

Man U

Chelski

Liverpool as a squad are burnt out. Not sure if it's more physically or mentally, but the all action, high pressing game simply hasn't been there this season. I think the players need a proper break, and also a few good reinforcements to keep others on their toes. The front three especially have gone quickly from being the best front three in Europe for two or three years to looking pretty ordinary. I still think Liverpool can make the top 4, but I would say the same for 6 or 7 teams. What I do know is that City will end up winning it almost as comfortably as Liverpool did last season. Chelsea will become a very good side under Tuchel over the next couple of years too. I still think United are a number of players away. You're not winning any major trophy with the likes of Maguire, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Fred and Martial playing most weeks.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Did anyone watch the Burnley Newcastle game?  Apparently high kicking a 6 foot  bloke in the head in the penalty area isn't a spot kick!  Crazy.

I suppose it will be a long wait for females in the VAR empire, if it lasts.

At least the result went your way.

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Have a look at Cavani's disallowed goal for Manure against Spuds.  It's a complete joke.

Yep. Son is a disgrace one of my least favourite players. Rolls around as if he’s been shot but then miraculously recovers to score. Shame that United have beaten the cheats 

Archived