Premier League 20/21

TylerB

Advert:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Man City will win it by a decent numbers of points come the end of the season. They've suddenly stumbled upon a rock solid back four after years of being dodgy (even with an ageing Kompany) and are by far the in-form side. They also have the best squad too, which always helps.

4 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Southampton lose 9-0 for the second season running. The manager will be famous for being in all future pub quizzes 

Down to 9 men.  Had a lad sent off for a horrendous tackle after just over a minute.  Apparently he had asked for a transfer last week, had his request turned down and the Saints fans think he did it deliberately.

Advert:

On 29/01/2021 at 21:47, TylerB said:

I think Man City will win it by a decent numbers of points come the end of the season. They've suddenly stumbled upon a rock solid back four after years of being dodgy (even with an ageing Kompany) and are by far the in-form side. They also have the best squad too, which always helps.

I think so too. Somehow Citeh have become solid and capable of grinding out results.  As the good lady is a Citeh fan of long standing I can live with that.  Anyone but United, any kind of Scousers, any London club. And don't mention Yorkshire or Brummies/Yam Yams.  

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

Watched the last half a dozen Man U games and Luke Shaw has looked terrific. Almost Adam Yates like.  Just goes to show what you can do by backing a player rather than just slagging him off in public.

I've always thought he was bang average, or at least since his leg break, but to be fair to him he's been the best left-back in the country this season. Surely he gets in ahead of Chilwell for England at left-back.

Advert:

On 03/02/2021 at 01:13, TylerB said:

I've always thought he was bang average, or at least since his leg break, but to be fair to him he's been the best left-back in the country this season. Surely he gets in ahead of Chilwell for England at left-back.

Or how about neither of them. James Justin. Everything the modern day footballer should be. 

Advert:

7 hours ago, toyahw said:

Think it is Citeh's to lose now. The scouse showing just how hard it is to retain the title. Still a good team but seem a bit mentally shot at the moment. 

The rest are a muchness.

Too many injuries for them. They’ll do well to get champions league at this rate 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Too many injuries for them. They’ll do well to get champions league at this rate 

Not so sure it's too many i think it can be put down to the centre halves.

Can only recall Van Dijk and his partner Gomez/Matip. I just think when you look at the comparitive benches they have lagged behind City a bit.

City have had Laporte and Aguero barely kick a ball all season.

For 3 seasons the Liverpool team has picked itself, they barely had injuries.

I think stats will back me up that Salah for example has barely missed a single game, compare that to regular injuries for Aguero, Kane for Spurs and they have got away lightly until the horrendous challenge by Pickford put paid to Van Dijk.

City bench last night 

Walker, Foden, Mendy, Torres, Fernandinho

Liverpool last night

Oxlade, Jones, Tmisikas, Origi and the two Williams 

On 29/01/2021 at 20:47, TylerB said:

Years of being dodgy? Conceded less than a goal a game last season and only 23 the year before. Yes they were worse than usual last season which is why Liverpool won the league but considering how good you claimed Liverpool to be citeh only conceded 2 more goals than Liverpool in the league. 

Archived