Premier League 20/21

TylerB

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Both Pickford and Pope are a worry on current form?

Pickford's Everton form has always been dodgy, but for England he's generally fine. I think Dean Henderson is the best of the lot, but he needs to play for United every week first ideally.

21 hours ago, TylerB said:

For me I'd go with Smalling and Coady right now, although both would be better as part of a back three. Smalling has always been a good defender, it's the other things he struggles with such as bringing it out from the back, or passing it out effectively. But he's shown for Roma in Italy what a good defender and leader he is. Coady struggles for pace which seems to be a theme for all of our centre-backs outside of Gomez, but I'd certainly have him over Maguire. Eric Dier isn't a bad centre-back actually but ideally you would want someone with pace beside him. Personally I'd like to see England go back to the 3-5-2 formation that worked well in the World Cup, with two full-backs. That would allow Alexander-Arnold to concentrate on only what he does best, and gives us an extra defender to try and cover the fact that we have a lot of average centre-halves. Best possible 11 in a 3-5-1-1 formation?

Pickford (Does much better generally for England than Everton)

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez (not on current form though)

Coady

Smalling

Chilwell

Rice

Barkley

Grealish

Sterling

Kane

Subs: Pope, Dier, Saka, Henderson, Foden/Mount, Rashford/Sancho, Calvert-Lewin/Ings

Sterling will miss all three games due to a hamstring injury and the latest three covidiots Abraham,Chilwell and Sancho will all miss the Wales game as a precaution.

Who would you replace them with?

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Sterling will miss all three games due to a hamstring injury and the latest three covidiots Abraham,Chilwell and Sancho will all miss the Wales game as a precaution.

Who would you replace them with?

Yeah, I wasn't picking the team that will start against Wales. Just what I would consider right now as the best and most balanced. I strongly believe we need to go back to the same formation we played in the World Cup. It means the wide players like Sancho and Rashford might miss out to an extent, but Sancho as of yet has done next to nothing in an England shirt, while Rashford has always been a hot and cold sort of player. For the game against Wales I think we'll see that, that, a sort of 5-3-1-1 formation with wing-backs. Saka would be perfect for the role with Chilwell being out, and it would also allow Alexander-Arnold going forward the license to get forward as much as possible as he does for Liverpool without worrying too much about what's behind him. Reece James would also be well suited in this formation for that right wing-back place.

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2020 at 15:04, boslemportvale91 said:

This is scandalous.  At a time when Prem clubs are spending hundreds of millions in the transfer market while many of their supporters are facing job insecurity to attempt to rip them off like this is a disgrace.  Apparently the EPL and a number of its clubs were opposed to the Newcastle takeover because of the Saudis involvement in piracy of Prem League content.  Yet they now make a decision that will surely dramatically increase recourse to piracy in this country to avoid fans paying these crazy fees.

At Newcastle, there are thousands of fans who are on long term season ticket deals that involve paying either monthly or in one lump for their tickets by direct debit.  The club continues to take these payments yet there will be no free access to these streamed games for ST holders like in the EFL.

Well done to Leicester City for being the only club to oppose this madness.

• Like 2

So Leicester vs Villa and West Brom vs Burnley have been selected as PPV matches. Except for their fans who would pay 15 quid for this ?  

Between this , B team suggestion and project Big picture it's enough to make anyone fed up of football. Meanwhile EFL clubs have to finds ways to survive this season. 

Sky and Premier league can get stuffed.