• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t be so silly. scousers going to WORK.

Leon Legge??

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-ask-premier-league-review-170035971.html Don't blame them!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

And to think Gomez used to be a decent footballer. 

Been terrible since he came back from injury some months ago. Van Dijk hasn't exactly covered himself in glory either of late. Hopefully it's just a blip and he's not believing his own hype and resting on his laurels. We may have still lost the game against Villa but I don't believe they would have capitulated as they did if Henderson was one the pitch. Liverpool miss him badly when he's not available.

Who do England pick at cb? McGuire has been and is awful (has been for some time) no idea why united have let Smalling go and not brought anyone at cb. Gomez has been poor recently. If England are picking players on merit I really don’t know who are starting two cb are! 

Looks like it should be an interesting premiership season. Liverpool won’t be the same without Alison. City aren’t the same without ageuro. For me Chelsea and united are nowhere near. Think spurs could have a chance if players stay fit given the europa league. Everton I think look extremely strong but should have signed a keeper, Pickford is a liability and for me the worst starting 11 keeper in the division 

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

A week ago they were all saying the game was dead and the Premier League "product" was ruined by handball.

Seems to be going on all right to me.

Rule was changed last weekend. The Leeds City game would have been ruined if it was the weekend befores rules 

For me I'd go with Smalling and Coady right now, although both would be better as part of a back three. Smalling has always been a good defender, it's the other things he struggles with such as bringing it out from the back, or passing it out effectively. But he's shown for Roma in Italy what a good defender and leader he is. Coady struggles for pace which seems to be a theme for all of our centre-backs outside of Gomez, but I'd certainly have him over Maguire. Eric Dier isn't a bad centre-back actually but ideally you would want someone with pace beside him. Personally I'd like to see England go back to the 3-5-2 formation that worked well in the World Cup, with two full-backs. That would allow Alexander-Arnold to concentrate on only what he does best, and gives us an extra defender to try and cover the fact that we have a lot of average centre-halves. Best possible 11 in a 3-5-1-1 formation?

Pickford (Does much better generally for England than Everton)

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez (not on current form though)

Coady

Smalling

Chilwell

Rice

Barkley

Grealish

Sterling

Kane

Subs: Pope, Dier, Saka, Henderson, Foden/Mount, Rashford/Sancho, Calvert-Lewin/Ings

Edited by TylerB

18 hours ago, TylerB said:

For me I'd go with Smalling and Coady right now, although both would be better as part of a back three. Smalling has always been a good defender, it's the other things he struggles with such as bringing it out from the back, or passing it out effectively. But he's shown for Roma in Italy what a good defender and leader he is. Coady struggles for pace which seems to be a theme for all of our centre-backs outside of Gomez, but I'd certainly have him over Maguire. Eric Dier isn't a bad centre-back actually but ideally you would want someone with pace beside him. Personally I'd like to see England go back to the 3-5-2 formation that worked well in the World Cup, with two full-backs. That would allow Alexander-Arnold to concentrate on only what he does best, and gives us an extra defender to try and cover the fact that we have a lot of average centre-halves. Best possible 11 in a 3-5-1-1 formation?

Pickford (Does much better generally for England than Everton)

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez (not on current form though)

Coady

Smalling

Chilwell

Rice

Barkley

Grealish

Sterling

Kane

Subs: Pope, Dier, Saka, Henderson, Foden/Mount, Rashford/Sancho, Calvert-Lewin/Ings

Both Pickford and Pope are a worry on current form?