onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 20/21

TylerB

Advert

18 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Am I right in thinking that of the 6 clubs involved only one has English owners.  They clearly do not  understand football and only think of the  finances??

Think they can sell more shirts in India, China, where people chose "their" team on a season by season basis? 

Tottenham/ Arsenal top clubs?  If they think anyone in England is interested in watching PSG vs Anyone else Rovers  they are deranged.

Arrogant greedy  people.  They are ruining football. 

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Am I right in thinking that of the 6 clubs involved only one has English owners.  They clearly do not  understand football and only think of the  finances??

I think so only Spurs, a Billionaire who lives on a boat. in the Bahamas Joe Lewis.  The rest US, Middle East, Etc finance.  Franchises and closed shops are more profitable than sporting competition.

This was always going to happen. The blame lies squarely with media organisations like Sky Sports, BT Sports, Amazon Prime etc.. with the stupid money they’ve paid these overrated clubs and players.

Let’s see how strong the PL, FA, UEFA and FIFA are in standing up to this plan.

Why should anyone be surprised?

Ever since the formation of the Premier League money has ruled our game. I was one of those who opposed it then, organising a petition to the FA. Vale supported it; I had a meeting with Billy Bell and John Rudge, but the only other club who did the same (I contacted all 70 below Division One) was Chesterfield. Those at our level saw it as too remote from their day to day existence; the majority nearer the top wanted to be part of it and weren't going to support any effort to prevent it. 

Now we see the fruits of that decision. 

Amusing to hear people moaning that this will destroy hundreds of years of history. No. The Premier League was created 29 years ago. The First Division stopped being the top-flight in 1992.

Suddenly people have started to care about greed in the game? Boohoo. Too late for that. Won't affect us anyway. We won't never reach the Premier League. Unless maybe Southampton, Leicester City, Newcastle United and friends will be interested in returning to the Football League? Recreate the First Division and reinstate some actual history in the game?

Let them piss and moan. They'll piss and moan again in another 30 years when the big clubs from the European Super League break off to found the World Super League with Boca Juniors, LA Galaxy, Shangai FC and the like.

I look forward to this new European Super League where Spurs and Arsenal will find out what it's like to lose every week and finish bottom of a league. Mind you they're already half there in the Premier League as it is.

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Well said . Good Luck on Tuesday night, come on the vale . 3 points please. 

Let them go. How many true football fans ever expect their team to one day make it into the top 3 of the Premier League or are particularly concerned whether they have the elite superstar players? You follow your team no matter what league they're in, and the only players you want them to get are a decent crop that will help you get further up the pyramid.

Maybe in my dream of dreams we will make it back to the Championship, but I don't ever expect we will be in the top 4 of the Premier League without some billionaire foreign owner treating us like a toy. Doesn't bother me, I just want my football fix at Vale. 

Let them go. How many true football fans ever expect their team to one day make it into the top 3 of the Premier League or are particularly concerned whether they have the elite superstar players? You follow your team no matter what league they're in, and the only players you want them to get are a decent crop that will help you get further up the pyramid.
Maybe in my dream of dreams we will make it back to the Championship, but I don't ever expect we will be in the top 4 of the Premier League without some billionaire foreign owner treating us like a toy. Doesn't bother me, I just want my football fix at Vale. 
Things happen, Leicester City made it to the top for the first time in their history a few years back. Yesterday they made it to the Cup Final, 50 years since they last got there. Football is Dreams.

We'll never walk alone those six premier clubs should be made too  only the fans can save our football if nobody turned up to watch it  or pay for sky they would not even think of it. Kick them out of english football and let us the fans of our football stand up and be counted it's now or never to make a stand to show these elitist set of clubs and owners what football means to us the FANS.

It's a load of nonsense, and it won't happen anyway. Absolutely zero chance as there will be too much opposition to it, which we've clearly seen in the last 24 hours.

But all those constantly slating the Premier League constantly would no doubt be absolutely elated if Port Vale ever managed to reach our highest league in the football pyramid, of that I have no doubt. And if people are genuinely happy enough bouncing around League One and League Two then that only shows a massive lack of ambition on their part.

Archived