onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 20/21

TylerB

Advert

Shocking from Alisson today. City absolutely deserved to win but 4-1 flattered them. But as an Englishman you can't help but be excited about Foden's potential. He could be our best player since Gazza, only he has a much better mentality than Gascoigne. If Southgate can't get a tune out of the likes of Kane, Foden, Grealish and Sterling in the summer then he should be ashamed of himself.

As for Liverpool, they've clearly hit a brick wall both mentally and physically. I think some major changes are needed by Klopp once the season has ended. I can see a whole host of players being sold - At least one of the front three if not two, and then the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Origi etc. 

Yeah 4-1 flattered city.  Young Foden looks a right talent, just hope we don't do the usual England thing of expecting too much.

When you think City have KbB and Aguero to come back it is over.  Interesting thing for me is that City have moved up a gear by sorting their defense out. Take note Vale.

The competition is weak also this season.  

58 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Foden should be first name in Southgates team sheet. Brilliant player and only 20!

We're not going to be great at the back regardless of who we select, so we might as well just use our strengths as a squad and attack teams. On paper we have one of the strongest attacks in world football. This would be something like my own personal 11 right now, and I think it looks a pretty good side if used correctly.

Pickford

Trippier

Stones

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Mount

Foden

Grealish

Sterling

Kane

Some excellent options on the bench in the likes of Sancho, Rashford, Saka and Alexander-Arnold etc.

Mings gets in because he's left-footed. His partner at Villa at Konsa would also be in my thoughts, as would Matty Cash. I went with Trippier largely based on the fact that Alexander-Arnold has been in poor form this season, James hasn't been consistent at Chelsea and is still learning, and Walker has too many brain farts. Foden and Grealish are both fantastic technically and would cause any side all sorts of problems. Sterling offers the pace up top, while Kane is Kane, when fit. A lot of people won't choose Pickford based on club form but I genuinely can't remember him making a mistake in an England shirt, and he generally saves his better performances for our national team. Henderson will become the undisputed number 1 in the near future though, for both England and United.

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Should be, but you can guarantee that Southgate will pick Mason Mount and leave Foden (and also Grealish) out come the first Euros game v Croatia.

Will be Henderson and Rice in midfield.

Mount is a very good player and gets undeserved flack from some quarters. Technically he's not as good as Foden or Grealish, or even Barkley for that matter. But he has a goal in him and he's fantastic at pressing, which most managers in the modern game love. Henderson also. For me it should be one of Rice or Phillips for the holding role, Foden and then either Mount, Barkley or Henderson. Curtis Jones will soon be in the mix too, though this summer will come a bit too soon for him.

I still wouldn’t go with Pickford, I just don’t rate him. I agree he’s been better for England but he’s just not that good (at all) and is a mistake waiting to happen. I think I’d go:

Pope

Trippier. Stones. McGuire. Shaw. 
Rice. Mount. 
Foden. Grealish. Sterling. 
Kane. 

Mad how strong our side is in terms of attacking options, sancho and rashford on the bench. I imagine Henderson will start in place or grealish or foden and then mount further forward, probably rashford as well. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I still wouldn’t go with Pickford, I just don’t rate him. I agree he’s been better for England but he’s just not that good (at all) and is a mistake waiting to happen. I think I’d go:

Pope

Trippier. Stones. McGuire. Shaw. 
Rice. Mount. 
Foden. Grealish. Sterling. 
Kane. 

Mad how strong our side is in terms of attacking options, sancho and rashford on the bench. I imagine Henderson will start in place or grealish or foden and then mount further forward, probably rashford as well. 

I think they all have different qualities. Pickford is certainly miles better than both Pope and Henderson in regards to passing the ball out from the back. But Pope is much safer than Pickford with better handling, and Henderson probably the best out of all three overall, but he won't get picked if he's not playing for United.

We have an attack that can win the Euros but much will depend on us stumbling on a decent and settled back four, and Southgate actually embracing the fact that we have the potential to be so good and dangerous going forward. As of right now I think his team would look like this, which is far different than what most people would pick.

Pickford

Trippier

Maguire

Dier

Chilwell

Rice

Henderson

Mount

Rashford

Sterling

Kane

Or if he played with three at the back you could replace one of Rice or more likely Henderson with someone like Mings or Coady. A Maguire and Dier combination gives me nightmares.

8 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I doubt you'll shift the front 3 of Sterling, Kane and Rashford, if they're all fit.

Kane and Sterling I can accept but I'd put Rashford behind Grealish and Sancho myself. Rashford is a good player and a match-winner on his day, but for United he blows hot and cold far too much. He can go 10 games where he'll score 7 or 8 and look like a world-beater and then play 10 games where he looks no more than a mid-table Premier League player. There's not much middle ground with Rashford, he's either excellent or bang average.

Archived