For those with any interest in it only, of course. 😉

Up until yesterday I was dissapointed that Liverpool had only brought in one back up player, as I believe when you have success you always need to freshen things up a little. But then they went and signed Thiago from Bayern who is an absolutely superb player! 

I expect City to be better this season. But expected them to sign a few more players than Ake and Torres, though there's still time. Arsenal are looking a force again under Arteta and could be in the mix if they signed a couple more top players. Chelsea arguably have the strongest squad now in midfield and attack, but still lack a top keeper, and will probably need time to gel as a unit. But they'll be a force to be reckoned with over the next few years. I still think United are a fair bit behind, despite signing Van De Beek who is a very good player. But you're not getting close to winning the title with Maguire, Lindelof and Shaw a regular part of your back line. Spurs are also a way behind but are on the verge of signing Reguilon and re-signing Bale, both who will improve them considerably.

Elsewhere I really like the business Newcastle have done. Wilson, Fraser, Lewis and Hendricks are all solid signings, and I don't see them struggling at all. I think Everton will be much stronger too after the additions of Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure. Probably still lack a genuinely top striker though, although I do like Calvert-Lewin.

Edited by TylerB

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t be so silly. scousers going to WORK.

Leon Legge??

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/liverpool-ask-premier-league-review-170035971.html Don't blame them!

Posted Images

Terrific start by Man U! 😂 Ole's at the wheel!

Early days yet of course. But Everton look like they are going to be a joy to watch this season, and the same with Leeds although for different reasons.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Terrific start by Man U! 😂 Ole's at the wheel!

Early days yet of course. But Everton look like they are going to be a joy to watch this season, and the same with Leeds although for different reasons.

Manure were poor but that penalty and the retake were a joke.  Atkinson at his finest.

2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Son had a field day today against the saints. 

Son , kane and Bale upfront could be a real danger this year.

Kane was unbelievable today. His passing for a striker is ridiculous. If that's De Bruyne making those assists the football world is going crazy.

21 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Manure were poor but that penalty and the retake were a joke.  Atkinson at his finest.

It was, but the end scoreline wasn't flattering to Palace. Can't believe that anyone at United would think that you'll get where you want to be with Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof and either Wan-Bissaka or Fosu-Mensah in your backline!

22 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

New rules! It was a joke last season with goals being disallowed if the ball touched the arm of an attacker and needed to be changed but no! The idiots in charge level things out by using the same rule against defenders. Similar decision against Spurs today.

48 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Kane was unbelievable today. His passing for a striker is ridiculous. If that's De Bruyne making those assists the football world is going crazy.

Kane is the best player I have seen live for many a year, his passing is better than any other Spurs player and I’d say the best of any striker in the world, he creates so much when he drops back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Kane is the best player I have seen live for many a year, his passing is better than any other Spurs player and I’d say the best of any striker in the world, he creates so much when he drops back.

I saw him live at SJP where he did an appalling challenge on Lejeune in the early minutes of the game which put the lad out of football for a couple of months.  Only a yellow though 'cos he's Harry Kane.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I saw him live at SJP where he did an appalling challenge on Lejeune in the early minutes of the game which put the lad out of football for a couple of months.  Only a yellow though 'cos he's Harry Kane.

He got the ball with both feet and the man, used to be considered a good tackle.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Not seen the challenge so can’t comment but tbf Kane is not a dirty player.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure how a tackle 13 months ago is relevant but hey ho.

This season already promises to be the usual suspects with supposed challengers falling to defeats already. 

It's becoming about as predictable as Scotland. 

To be fair to Chelsea, they were without Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Pulisic and Ziyech. They won't challenge this year as their new players will need to gel. Havertz in his two games so far hasn't looked any better than Barkley, but he has bags of ability and will surely come good. It will be between Liverpool and City again this year, but it will be interesting to see how Everton fair this time around, as they have a really good team now, and also how Spurs get on under Mourinho. Leeds will be entertaining too, for both right and wrong reasons.

On 20/09/2020 at 22:59, TylerB said:

To be fair to Chelsea, they were without Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Pulisic and Ziyech. They won't challenge this year as their new players will need to gel. Havertz in his two games so far hasn't looked any better than Barkley, but he has bags of ability and will surely come good. It will be between Liverpool and City again this year, but it will be interesting to see how Everton fair this time around, as they have a really good team now, and also how Spurs get on under Mourinho. Leeds will be entertaining too, for both right and wrong reasons.

Everton won’t make top 6 and city and Liverpool to battle it out ,as Darren says just like Celtic and rangers and they say anybody can beat anybody in the prem lol