onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Tough game at Exeter, expected to be in the mix with us when the season ends. Like our first team they were without a mid-week game.  A solid point at Salford in their last game,  so all set up for a humdinger and a likely draw, but then we do not how the Vale will be set up, who has pushed themselves into the first team, so we could sneak it by the odd goal

Advert

Funny that on the Exeter forum most are tipping Pope to score for us! 😂

Exeter will definitely make the top 6 so this is a real test for us. But it's a test for them too as I genuinely believe we have one of the best squads in the league. I really fancy us to get something, and would be happy with a 1-1 draw.

Not sure Oyeleke is at the stage yet where he can start two games in the space of a few days so expect him to be on the bench, but he could make a real impact off the bench if and when required. I should imagine the team will be:

Brown

Mills

Smith

Legge

Fitzpatrick

Joyce

Burgess

Conlon

Worrall

Rodney

Cullen

Subs: Visser, Brisley. Montano, Whitehead, Oyeleke, McKirdy, Robinson

Very good starting 11. Terrific bench. And with Pope, Amoo and Gibbons still to return.

Hate playing Exeter especially away. Wasn't it the last time we won there in the promotion season when pope got both goals ? 
I'll be very happy if we can grind a draw here. Manny and Monty to both start on Saturday hopefully,  both have looked good in the cup games

We won 1-0 there under Aspin. But it’s always an awkward place to go.

Funny that on the Exeter forum most are tipping Pope to score for us! 
Exeter will definitely make the top 6 so this is a real test for us. But it's a test for them too as I genuinely believe we have one of the best squads in the league. I really fancy us to get something, and would be happy with a 1-1 draw.
Not sure Oyeleke is at the stage yet where he can start two games in the space of a few days so expect him to be on the bench, but he could make a real impact off the bench if and when required. I should imagine the team will be:
Brown
Mills
Smith
Legge
Fitzpatrick
Joyce
Burgess
Conlon
Worrall
Rodney
Cullen
Subs: Visser, Brisley. Montano, Whitehead, Oyeleke, McKirdy, Robinson

Very good starting 11. Terrific bench. And with Pope, Amoo and Gibbons still to return.
I think Burgess has been quiet so far this season, so I anticipate Whitehead will start.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Its too early to know but I would expect Exeter to be up there come the end of the season.  It will be a good measure of where we are I think.  We must have one of the strongest squads in this league.  We have a decent 11 and 8 or 9 players who can push them, when was the last time we could say that?

So, I am going with a positive outlook...

Vale Win by 2-0.

I like that outlook. It might be pushing my luck, but I think Vale will win L2.  

Tough game; sounds like they’ve had a few changes and played a young side last weekend who did well to get a point at Salford.

Win here and it would send a real statement to the league and a great platform with some predicted strugglers to play in the 3 games after. Draw would be decent enough though.

Tempted to bring Monty in at left back for this and possibly Whitehead for Burgess who’s struggled up to now (ideally a fit Manny but pointless risking it just yet)

1-1 Cullen

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I dont any reason to change a winning wide from what started last Saturday. As a player you’d probably be disappointed to win, keep a clean sheet and then lose your place the following week. 

Exactly how I see it. Burgess was nowhere near his best against Crawley but it might take some players a few games to get up to speed. I also thought he had a better second half against Crawley than he did the first. That's more a reply to someone earlier in the thread who said they would swap him with Whitehead in the starting 11 for Saturday.

I don't think Askey will change it from last week because he simply doesn't change a winning side. It's probably too early for Manny and Monty after that midweek game but it's good to think they will be back soon. It's also good to see that it won't be long before Gibbo and Amoo are back. We've done well so far but there's nothing like being able to field your strongest side with all guns blazing. 

Fingers crossed for Satdee!

16 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I don't think Askey will change it from last week because he simply doesn't change a winning side. It's probably too early for Manny and Monty after that midweek game but it's good to think they will be back soon. It's also good to see that it won't be long before Gibbo and Amoo are back. We've done well so far but there's nothing like being able to field your strongest side with all guns blazing. 

Fingers crossed for Satdee!

Totally agree and one of the worst things Askey did last year was throw Manny in to a game after being absent only for him to break down early doors in the match. We need to be careful with him Monty Gibbo and Amoo. Before long we’ll be up to full strength I’m sure.

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Totally agree and one of the worst things Askey did last year was throw Manny in to a game after being absent only for him to break down early doors in the match. We need to be careful with him Monty Gibbo and Amoo. Before long we’ll be up to full strength I’m sure.

Absolutely agree and with the strength in midfield there's no rush to bring him back into the starting XI too soon. If say Joyce, Whitehead and Conlon start then we've potentially got Burgess and Manny on the bench which are two really strong options to bring on.

For me, I would bring in Whitehead for Burgess and that would be the only change from the Crawley game but JA knows far more than me so I'll be happy with whoever he picks.  

Archived