onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC's Top Earners........

Mario

What amount of work does Lineker put in at the BBC for his 1.3m+ annual salary, does he just front Match of the Day or does he do other things. It appears a crazy amount of money if he justs fronts MotD, I wonder how much money per word he receives.😃

Advert

Every single person complaining would take the salary if offered. There is always a bigger yacht. Is there anything that FUA doesn't get upset about? Those coming here earning a pittance to better their lives, those earning a very good living? Sounds like FUA wants to live in a communist country to me. 

2 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Agreed...Its the fact that Its licence payers money being used, don't understand why Linekar and Shearer get so much.

One easy solution if you don't like the wages being paid is to stop paying the licence fee. 

20 minutes ago, WV said:

Every single person complaining would take the salary if offered. There is always a bigger yacht. Is there anything that FUA doesn't get upset about? Those coming here earning a pittance to better their lives, those earning a very good living? Sounds like FUA wants to live in a communist country to me. 

Nice to have you back.👍

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

What amount of work does Lineker put in at the BBC for his 1.3m+ annual salary, does he just front Match of the Day or does he do other things. It appears a crazy amount of money if he justs fronts MotD, I wonder how much money per word he receives.😃

Clare Balding asked the same question in 2019 when she was earning £4,860 a day and Lineker was on £28,680 a day.

40 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

The bbc make some really good programs far better than the crap served up on the other main channels but I don’t get why they pay these so called stars like lineker and zoey ball these huge salaries they should be more accountable 

I suppose it's because it is the going rate in the industry. Why should they earn less than the sky sports presenters? Who would do the same job for half the money in any other walk of life? 

33 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

The bbc make some really good programs far better than the crap served up on the other main channels but I don’t get why they pay these so called stars like lineker and zoey ball these huge salaries they should be more accountable 

It just shows what a bunch of hypocrites they are.The other night we had a BBC presenter claiming that despite an eight goal victory over Norway the England Woman's team lacked diversity.Another reason to stoke racial division perhaps?Meanwhile,while the BBC was complaining about our 'all-white' football team they released their list of top earners and guess what,their first eleven were all-white from Lineker down to Ken Bruce.

Not a mention of course about the lack of diversity in that particular eleven?

1 hour ago, WV said:

The politics of envy I think they call it

10 hours ago, WV said:

Of course they would but that's not the point though.

There's usually a big factor of supply and demand in deciding a salary although no where near absolute. I get Lineker is smooth, tells a good story has been in football most of his life so knows the game and knows the phrases etc but good grief.

I just wonder how the BBC determine his salary 'cause I would say there are tons of people who could do what he does. I guess it's very easy for the BBC to be profligate with other people's money.

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Of course they would but that's not the point though.

There's usually a big factor of supply and demand in deciding a salary although no where near absolute. I get Lineker is smooth, tells a good story has been in football most of his life so knows the game and knows the phrases etc but good grief.

I just wonder how the BBC determine his salary 'cause I would say there are tons of people who could do what he does. I guess it's very easy for the BBC to be profligate with other people's money.

You pay for a service. You use the service. It is no longer your money.You are not forced to pay for a tv licence or use the bbc. It isn’t other peoples money, it is their money to do as they see fit. Do you question the salary of tescos boss after you have been shopping? 

Archived