BBC's Top Earners........

Mario

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The key aspect of this is that nothing which was reported in the interview itself was fabricated.  Nothing Diana said was made up. 

The issue is, of course, how the interview was obtained, not what was said in it.  So the "honesty" of the programme itself is not in dispute.  It is the honesty and integrity of the interviewer that is an issue, not what was said in the interview.  So what was actually broadcast by the BBC is not in dispute. 

The issue I see is that the interview was contrived on a false premise 

I suspect that given her paranoia the falsified information acted like a trigger, proving what she suspected, which resulted in a change of mindset.  It wasn't a fear any more, she had concrete proof they were out to get her. This could have caused her to throw caution to the wind with how she responded in the interview..... I'll get them before they get me..... 

It's all ifs and maybes with the odd perhaps thrown in for good measure,  I doubt we will ever truly know.

The big problem I think is how the BBC dealt with it afterwards, cover up and whitewash and the few concerned voices thrown under the bus for good measure. It's not dissimilar to the way they dealt with other issues that they were an integral part of.

Advert:

On 26/05/2021 at 12:02, geosname said:

The issue I see is that the interview was contrived on a false premise 

I suspect that given her paranoia the falsified information acted like a trigger, proving what she suspected, which resulted in a change of mindset.  It wasn't a fear any more, she had concrete proof they were out to get her. This could have caused her to throw caution to the wind with how she responded in the interview..... I'll get them before they get me..... 

It's all ifs and maybes with the odd perhaps thrown in for good measure,  I doubt we will ever truly know.

The big problem I think is how the BBC dealt with it afterwards, cover up and whitewash and the few concerned voices thrown under the bus for good measure. It's not dissimilar to the way they dealt with other issues that they were an integral part of.

Next BBC scandal could be highlighted in court by Alex Belfield?

I think the Belfield saga will drag a bit yet. It's complicated by the illegal actions of the police, although that's a consequence of the actions of the BBC / employees / disgraced BBC legal counsel etc.

Although I suspect the police will try to settle it quickly and quietly (NDA?). Not sure he will accept that. Several arrests, illegal home searches without warrants, police removing shoulder numbers, falsifying statements, illegal bail, cavity search, £35,000 of damage and equipment? etc etc.

Advert:

On 26/05/2021 at 09:28, For Us All said:

So as usual it's all Murdoch's fault?

I suppose he was also responsible for the Jimmy Saville,Stuart Hall,Rolf Harris and Cliff Richard scandals?

Will anybody ever be made accountable at the BBC.Let's hope they get the same punishment as the News of the World.

Which Cliff Richard scandal was that??

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You mean the one where the Police were found guilty of disreputable conduct??

That's it,the one where Sir Cliff Richard received around £2m towards his legal costs from the BBC after they used a helicopter in 2014 to film a police raid on his home.The singer was left out of pocket after spending £4.5m,he was never arrested or charged and later decided to sue the BBC for invading his privacy.

Advert:

4 hours ago, For Us All said:

That's it,the one where Sir Cliff Richard received around £2m towards his legal costs from the BBC after they used a helicopter in 2014 to film a police raid on his home.The singer was left out of pocket after spending £4.5m,he was never arrested or charged and later decided to sue the BBC for invading his privacy.

After the BBC had been tipped off by the Police that he had committed a serious offence. News organisation chases Police tip off. Never happened before. Murdoch’s mobs would never do it!

On 29/05/2021 at 22:18, Jacko51 said:

After the BBC had been tipped off by the Police that he had committed a serious offence. News organisation chases Police tip off. Never happened before. Murdoch’s mobs would never do it!

The so called serious offence was based on the claim of a BBC reporter who took a guess on the identity based on internet rumours.

8 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Still the envy of the world despite Tory interference. You have to wonder why they don`t want their shady dealings reported.

Not quite as shady as the Princess Diana,Saville,Hall,Harris and Richard scandals?

11 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Still the envy of the world despite Tory interference. You have to wonder why they don`t want their shady dealings reported.

The BBC don't want their shady dealings reported. They seem very fond of their NDAs. 

Advert:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Gary Linekar signed up to present La Liga football in multi million deal,to supplement his paltry BBC multi million pound salary.Oh,plus all his other perks!Mr Pittance needs sympathy🤔🤔

Just replacing his BT Sport job,  why not? Played in Spain familiar with the languages, make the most  of it, would you turn it down?