BBC's Top Earners........

Mario

19 hours ago, geosname said:

She was paranoid,  he used that to initiate the interview.

She made statements she may not have made but for the bullcrap cooked up which fed the paranoia. Subsiquently her protection was removed.?

If it was so innocent why did the BBC whitewash it?

Why did the whistle blowers get removed?

It's not the first screw up and cover up by the BBC. 

Johnny rotten exposed saville but the programm was pulled ........ they later made a documentary about the abuse but pulled it to commemorate the charity work he did instead....... there have been many others.

What Bashir did was fraud, pure and simple. Aided and abetted by the BBC? Using licence payers money to commission forged bank documents?

The phrase "You couldn't make it up" springs to mind but they did?

Advert:

Sometime ago when the topic of BBC employees salaries first raised its head. I was listening to someone who mentioned Lineker and they said that what he was paid was only a fraction of what the BBC would make from him as they sell their product all over the world. Please don’t think I’m defending the high salaries because I’m not. What Winkleman and others get is totally beyond me and falls into the category of being obscene.

Some right taters on here.  Back to the Lineker salary issue - can't understand the bile spewed on here about him.  He is an excellent front man, and if that is the going rate for his salary, then so be it. He and Wrighty and Shearer have been there and done it, and know the game inside out.  Danny Murphy, (who Rudgie tried to sign back in the day) is also very good, as is Alex Scott. Stelling's brief is different, and I'm sure he would be good at hosting MOTD, just as I'm sure Lineker would be good on the teleprinter. Not so keen on Jenas or Keown. Compared to some of the "boy done well, the big lad, unbelievable" merchants, Liniker is streets ahead. So there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Some right taters on here.  Back to the Lineker salary issue - can't understand the bile spewed on here about him.  He is an excellent front man, and if that is the going rate for his salary, then so be it. He and Wrighty and Shearer have been there and done it, and know the game inside out.  Danny Murphy, (who Rudgie tried to sign back in the day) is also very good, as is Alex Scott. Stelling's brief is different, and I'm sure he would be good at hosting MOTD, just as I'm sure Lineker would be good on the teleprinter. Not so keen on Jenas or Keown. Compared to some of the "boy done well, the big lad, unbelievable" merchants, Liniker is streets ahead. So there.

Interesting Linacre has taken a pay cut of £400k off his £1.75m salary I have noticed he's doing a bit more than his MOTD Saturday night slot these days, but I still think he is vastly overpaid along with all the other suspects Zoe Ball, Jeremy Vine and Winkleman.

Advert:

Re Bashir - he is a scummy little weasel but to suggest, as Spencer did that he caused her death is crazy.  Jeremy Bowen was negotiating with Diana's mob for an interview and thought he was close to getting it when he was told to back off because Bashir was in.  Now was Diana going to give a totally different interview to Bowen than she did to Bashir?  Whas she not going to say "there were three people in this marriage" because she hadn't seen forged back statements?  Had she not already cooperated with Andrew Morton a couple of years before the Bashir interview in a book?

The BBC behaved badly in its handling of Bashir but can you tell me any other broadcaster who would lead their news programmes with the sort of 'mea culpa' we've seen from them in recent days?

42 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Re Bashir - he is a scummy little weasel but to suggest, as Spencer did that he caused her death is crazy.  Jeremy Bowen was negotiating with Diana's mob for an interview and thought he was close to getting it when he was told to back off because Bashir was in.  Now was Diana going to give a totally different interview to Bowen than she did to Bashir?  Whas she not going to say "there were three people in this marriage" because she hadn't seen forged back statements?  Had she not already cooperated with Andrew Morton a couple of years before the Bashir interview in a book?

The BBC behaved badly in its handling of Bashir but can you tell me any other broadcaster who would lead their news programmes with the sort of 'mea culpa' we've seen from them in recent days?

Yes,I suppose we've got to be thankful,it's only taken 27 years to be publicly corrected.

Advert:

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Which "Mistake made that should have been avoided" are we looking at?

The forging of documents for gain? (Criminal offence)

The believing of a reporter who lied and changed his story several time? None of which aligned with the facts.

Airing the interview knowing how it was obtained?

Taking no action after it was broadcast? 

Reviewing the facts, missing the inaccuracies and taking no action.

Having an inquiry and totally whitewashing the facts?

Getting rid of the whistleblowers?

Rehiring the lying <ovf censored>?

This is aunty beeb, the pinnacle of honesty, integrity and unbiased truthful journalism..... isn't it? The go to place for honest news a large number of people put their trust in.

This isn't the mail, guardian, sun etc.

I don't think reviewing policies and lessons learned will be enough. This story is bigger than Bashir, savile or the other mea culpas we know about. Perhaps I should say, given the BBC enquiries, we think we know about.

Take a look at the Alex Belfield story.

He is a bit of a gobby bugger but if you can get past that the story is interesting...... the BBC, the lawyer employed by the BBC (sacked for lying to clients and the court) and Nottinghamshire police...... some may be surprised.

The mother of a murdered girl wants the BBC to investigate the way she was treated by journalist Martin Bashir.

Michelle Hadaway gave Mr Bashir items of her daughter's clothing for DNA testing in 1991, but says no tests were done and the clothes were not returned.

Karen Hadaway and Nicola Fellows, both nine, were killed by Russell Bishop in 1986, in a case that became known as the Babes in the Wood murders.

Ms Hadaway said Mr Bashir denied taking the clothes, despite signing a receipt.

6 hours ago, geosname said:

Which "Mistake made that should have been avoided" are we looking at?

The forging of documents for gain? (Criminal offence)

The believing of a reporter who lied and changed his story several time? None of which aligned with the facts.

Airing the interview knowing how it was obtained?

Taking no action after it was broadcast? 

Reviewing the facts, missing the inaccuracies and taking no action.

Having an inquiry and totally whitewashing the facts?

Getting rid of the whistleblowers?

Rehiring the lying <ovf censored>?

This is aunty beeb, the pinnacle of honesty, integrity and unbiased truthful journalism..... isn't it? The go to place for honest news a large number of people put their trust in.

This isn't the mail, guardian, sun etc.

I don't think reviewing policies and lessons learned will be enough. This story is bigger than Bashir, savile or the other mea culpas we know about. Perhaps I should say, given the BBC enquiries, we think we know about.

The key aspect of this is that nothing which was reported in the interview itself was fabricated.  Nothing Diana said was made up. 

The issue is, of course, how the interview was obtained, not what was said in it.  So the "honesty" of the programme itself is not in dispute.  It is the honesty and integrity of the interviewer that is an issue, not what was said in the interview.  So what was actually broadcast by the BBC is not in dispute. 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The key aspect of this is that nothing which was reported in the interview itself was fabricated.  Nothing Diana said was made up. 

The issue is, of course, how the interview was obtained, not what was said in it.  So the "honesty" of the programme itself is not in dispute.  It is the honesty and integrity of the interviewer that is an issue, not what was said in the interview.  So what was actually broadcast by the BBC is not in dispute. 

Just an excuse to bash the BBC whilst another Murdock channel is being launched.   What happened to the Leveson enquiry?

10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Just an excuse to bash the BBC whilst another Murdock channel is being launched.   What happened to the Leveson enquiry?

So as usual it's all Murdoch's fault?

I suppose he was also responsible for the Jimmy Saville,Stuart Hall,Rolf Harris and Cliff Richard scandals?

Will anybody ever be made accountable at the BBC.Let's hope they get the same punishment as the News of the World.