BBC's Top Earners........

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gary-lineker-bbc-s-top-earner-but-taking-a-pay-cut/ar-BB193FgA?ocid=msedgntp

Does Lineker provide best talent and best value ? Admittedly he is taking a 25% cut on his next 5 year contract even so he will still be on an exorbitant salary for what he does.

Personally I think all those listed should be cut by at least 25% to provide value for the licence fee payers.

The BBC is a typical public sector industry it aint their money so it doesn't matter how it's spent.

53 minutes ago, Mario said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gary-lineker-bbc-s-top-earner-but-taking-a-pay-cut/ar-BB193FgA?ocid=msedgntp

Does Lineker provide best talent and best value ? Admittedly he is taking a 25% cut on his next 5 year contract even so he will still be on an exorbitant salary for what he does.

Personally I think all those listed should be cut by at least 25% to provide value for the licence fee payers.

The BBC is a typical public sector industry it aint their money so it doesn't matter how it's spent.

I read somewhere he is so far removed from the BBC contractually they can't get rid of him, along with others.

31 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I wonder how many people tune in to MOTD to watch Lineker ? 

I fail to see that he is a presenter with brilliant ability, I'm sure there are other presenters who could the job equally if not better.

He needs to stay off Twitter,he gives his so called impartiality away?

Perhaps the most surprising entrant is the appalling Vanessa Feltz.

Her reported 405,000 a year could be more understandable if it was in lira’s as opposed to pounds sterling.

Terrible, talentless, irksome woman. 

Consequently, she fits in quite well at Aunty Beeb. 

10 hours ago, Mario said:

Correct and the talentless Zoe Ball has had a £1m salary increase even though her number of listeners are down. She rode on the back of her father and ex husband. As someone else has said make it pay per view, younger ppl don’t watch main stream tv. Get rid of all the cosy  street employees, on the gravy train with their snouts in the trough.That way the older generation won’t need to pay for a tv licence.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2020 at 00:00, RailwayRowdy said:

Also good to see that nepotism is still very much alive and kicking in Shepherds Bush in the form of Zoe Ball.

Zoe is of course one of the very few BBC employee’s, past or present, who has even less talent than her odious father.

But then again, there is always Claire Balding.

Hmmm. 

Looks like she's been shamed into taking a pay cut?

I echo the view of many.  How on earth did Gary Lineker and Zoe Ball become the top male and female earners?  Their limited ability, unoriginal vocabulary and lack of decisive analytical commentary about anything sums up the mess the BBC has got itself into in recent years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

I echo the view of many.  How on earth did Gary Lineker and Zoe Ball become the top male and female earners?  Their limited ability, unoriginal vocabulary and lack of decisive analytical commentary about anything sums up the mess the BBC has got itself into in recent years.

That makes them sound terrible at their job, which personally I don’t think they are... but their salaries are way too high

They are not terrible, and I did not say they were. Although I accept your general point, and I think we are in broad agreement.  The fact that they are the highest paid should mean they are fabulous at their job, innovative, forward thinking trend setting, and the sort of people who draw in additional viewers and listeners.  The Radio 2 breakfast show has haemorrhaged listeners since Zoe Ball took over. I am one of them.  Does Gary Lineker add any viewers to MOTD?  Of course not.  Additionally, Mr Lineker is increasingly showing his political affiliations and compromising his need for neutrality.  He has been warned by the new DG, the crunch point is not far away I think.