onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC's Top Earners........

Mario

Advert

42 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Re Bashir - he is a scummy little weasel but to suggest, as Spencer did that he caused her death is crazy.  Jeremy Bowen was negotiating with Diana's mob for an interview and thought he was close to getting it when he was told to back off because Bashir was in.  Now was Diana going to give a totally different interview to Bowen than she did to Bashir?  Whas she not going to say "there were three people in this marriage" because she hadn't seen forged back statements?  Had she not already cooperated with Andrew Morton a couple of years before the Bashir interview in a book?

The BBC behaved badly in its handling of Bashir but can you tell me any other broadcaster who would lead their news programmes with the sort of 'mea culpa' we've seen from them in recent days?

Yes,I suppose we've got to be thankful,it's only taken 27 years to be publicly corrected.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Re Bashir - he is a scummy little weasel but to suggest, as Spencer did that he caused her death is crazy.  Jeremy Bowen was negotiating with Diana's mob for an interview and thought he was close to getting it when he was told to back off because Bashir was in.  Now was Diana going to give a totally different interview to Bowen than she did to Bashir?  Whas she not going to say "there were three people in this marriage" because she hadn't seen forged back statements?  Had she not already cooperated with Andrew Morton a couple of years before the Bashir interview in a book?

The BBC behaved badly in its handling of Bashir but can you tell me any other broadcaster who would lead their news programmes with the sort of 'mea culpa' we've seen from them in recent days?

Which "Mistake made that should have been avoided" are we looking at?

The forging of documents for gain? (Criminal offence)

The believing of a reporter who lied and changed his story several time? None of which aligned with the facts.

Airing the interview knowing how it was obtained?

Taking no action after it was broadcast? 

Reviewing the facts, missing the inaccuracies and taking no action.

Having an inquiry and totally whitewashing the facts?

Getting rid of the whistleblowers?

Rehiring the lying <ovf censored>?

This is aunty beeb, the pinnacle of honesty, integrity and unbiased truthful journalism..... isn't it? The go to place for honest news a large number of people put their trust in.

This isn't the mail, guardian, sun etc.

I don't think reviewing policies and lessons learned will be enough. This story is bigger than Bashir, savile or the other mea culpas we know about. Perhaps I should say, given the BBC enquiries, we think we know about.

Take a look at the Alex Belfield story.

He is a bit of a gobby bugger but if you can get past that the story is interesting...... the BBC, the lawyer employed by the BBC (sacked for lying to clients and the court) and Nottinghamshire police...... some may be surprised.

The mother of a murdered girl wants the BBC to investigate the way she was treated by journalist Martin Bashir.

Michelle Hadaway gave Mr Bashir items of her daughter's clothing for DNA testing in 1991, but says no tests were done and the clothes were not returned.

Karen Hadaway and Nicola Fellows, both nine, were killed by Russell Bishop in 1986, in a case that became known as the Babes in the Wood murders.

Ms Hadaway said Mr Bashir denied taking the clothes, despite signing a receipt.

6 hours ago, geosname said:

Which "Mistake made that should have been avoided" are we looking at?

The forging of documents for gain? (Criminal offence)

The believing of a reporter who lied and changed his story several time? None of which aligned with the facts.

Airing the interview knowing how it was obtained?

Taking no action after it was broadcast? 

Reviewing the facts, missing the inaccuracies and taking no action.

Having an inquiry and totally whitewashing the facts?

Getting rid of the whistleblowers?

Rehiring the lying <ovf censored>?

This is aunty beeb, the pinnacle of honesty, integrity and unbiased truthful journalism..... isn't it? The go to place for honest news a large number of people put their trust in.

This isn't the mail, guardian, sun etc.

I don't think reviewing policies and lessons learned will be enough. This story is bigger than Bashir, savile or the other mea culpas we know about. Perhaps I should say, given the BBC enquiries, we think we know about.

The key aspect of this is that nothing which was reported in the interview itself was fabricated.  Nothing Diana said was made up. 

The issue is, of course, how the interview was obtained, not what was said in it.  So the "honesty" of the programme itself is not in dispute.  It is the honesty and integrity of the interviewer that is an issue, not what was said in the interview.  So what was actually broadcast by the BBC is not in dispute. 

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The key aspect of this is that nothing which was reported in the interview itself was fabricated.  Nothing Diana said was made up. 

The issue is, of course, how the interview was obtained, not what was said in it.  So the "honesty" of the programme itself is not in dispute.  It is the honesty and integrity of the interviewer that is an issue, not what was said in the interview.  So what was actually broadcast by the BBC is not in dispute. 

Just an excuse to bash the BBC whilst another Murdock channel is being launched.   What happened to the Leveson enquiry?

10 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Just an excuse to bash the BBC whilst another Murdock channel is being launched.   What happened to the Leveson enquiry?

So as usual it's all Murdoch's fault?

I suppose he was also responsible for the Jimmy Saville,Stuart Hall,Rolf Harris and Cliff Richard scandals?

Will anybody ever be made accountable at the BBC.Let's hope they get the same punishment as the News of the World.

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The issue I see is that the interview was contrived on a false premise 

I suspect that given her paranoia the falsified information acted like a trigger, proving what she suspected, which resulted in a change of mindset.  It wasn't a fear any more, she had concrete proof they were out to get her. This could have caused her to throw caution to the wind with how she responded in the interview..... I'll get them before they get me..... 

It's all ifs and maybes with the odd perhaps thrown in for good measure,  I doubt we will ever truly know.

The big problem I think is how the BBC dealt with it afterwards, cover up and whitewash and the few concerned voices thrown under the bus for good measure. It's not dissimilar to the way they dealt with other issues that they were an integral part of.

On 26/05/2021 at 12:02, geosname said:

The issue I see is that the interview was contrived on a false premise 

I suspect that given her paranoia the falsified information acted like a trigger, proving what she suspected, which resulted in a change of mindset.  It wasn't a fear any more, she had concrete proof they were out to get her. This could have caused her to throw caution to the wind with how she responded in the interview..... I'll get them before they get me..... 

It's all ifs and maybes with the odd perhaps thrown in for good measure,  I doubt we will ever truly know.

The big problem I think is how the BBC dealt with it afterwards, cover up and whitewash and the few concerned voices thrown under the bus for good measure. It's not dissimilar to the way they dealt with other issues that they were an integral part of.

Next BBC scandal could be highlighted in court by Alex Belfield?

Archived