onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC's Top Earners........

Mario

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Both of those statements are true, but to infer a causal relationship is disingenuous.

The Bashir/Diana interview happened several years after Squidgygate, Camillagate, the Andrew Morton book, The tabloids putting recordings of tapped phonecalls on 0898 numbers...

There was a dirty war being played out in public. Diana was always going to give an interview and say the things she said. The question was who. Bashir used deception to make sure it was him

She was paranoid,  he used that to initiate the interview.

She made statements she may not have made but for the bullcrap cooked up which fed the paranoia. Subsiquently her protection was removed.?

If it was so innocent why did the BBC whitewash it?

Why did the whistle blowers get removed?

It's not the first screw up and cover up by the BBC. 

Johnny rotten exposed saville but the programm was pulled ........ they later made a documentary about the abuse but pulled it to commemorate the charity work he did instead....... there have been many others.

What Bashir did was fraud, pure and simple. Aided and abetted by the BBC? Using licence payers money to commission forged bank documents?

Advert

7 minutes ago, geosname said:

Subsiquently her protection was removed.?

Is that a question or statement? Subsequently doesn't mean consequently.

The conduct was out of order. Nobody is arguing that it isn't. Let's not start using straw man arguments or making stuff up.

The tabloids are using this as an opportunity to rewrite history when their own journalistic ethics at the time were just as questionable, if not more.

1 hour ago, WV said:

Lovely. 

How dare Harry have an opinion on his own mother. 

Lovely , as most people know it’s the truth 

I feel for H as what he’s saying is irrational and he’s contradicting himself continually 

I feel more for Bashir as , whatever has happened, I fear he will go rogue

6 hours ago, Santa said:

Is that a question or statement? Subsequently doesn't mean consequently.

The conduct was out of order. Nobody is arguing that it isn't. Let's not start using straw man arguments or making stuff up.

The tabloids are using this as an opportunity to rewrite history when their own journalistic ethics at the time were just as questionable, if not more.

That's why I put a question màrk after subsequently. 

What the BBC did does not excuse what the press did.

19 hours ago, geosname said:

She was paranoid,  he used that to initiate the interview.

She made statements she may not have made but for the bullcrap cooked up which fed the paranoia. Subsiquently her protection was removed.?

If it was so innocent why did the BBC whitewash it?

Why did the whistle blowers get removed?

It's not the first screw up and cover up by the BBC. 

Johnny rotten exposed saville but the programm was pulled ........ they later made a documentary about the abuse but pulled it to commemorate the charity work he did instead....... there have been many others.

What Bashir did was fraud, pure and simple. Aided and abetted by the BBC? Using licence payers money to commission forged bank documents?

The phrase "You couldn't make it up" springs to mind but they did?

Sometime ago when the topic of BBC employees salaries first raised its head. I was listening to someone who mentioned Lineker and they said that what he was paid was only a fraction of what the BBC would make from him as they sell their product all over the world. Please don’t think I’m defending the high salaries because I’m not. What Winkleman and others get is totally beyond me and falls into the category of being obscene.

Some right taters on here.  Back to the Lineker salary issue - can't understand the bile spewed on here about him.  He is an excellent front man, and if that is the going rate for his salary, then so be it. He and Wrighty and Shearer have been there and done it, and know the game inside out.  Danny Murphy, (who Rudgie tried to sign back in the day) is also very good, as is Alex Scott. Stelling's brief is different, and I'm sure he would be good at hosting MOTD, just as I'm sure Lineker would be good on the teleprinter. Not so keen on Jenas or Keown. Compared to some of the "boy done well, the big lad, unbelievable" merchants, Liniker is streets ahead. So there.

3 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

Some right taters on here.  Back to the Lineker salary issue - can't understand the bile spewed on here about him.  He is an excellent front man, and if that is the going rate for his salary, then so be it. He and Wrighty and Shearer have been there and done it, and know the game inside out.  Danny Murphy, (who Rudgie tried to sign back in the day) is also very good, as is Alex Scott. Stelling's brief is different, and I'm sure he would be good at hosting MOTD, just as I'm sure Lineker would be good on the teleprinter. Not so keen on Jenas or Keown. Compared to some of the "boy done well, the big lad, unbelievable" merchants, Liniker is streets ahead. So there.

Interesting Linacre has taken a pay cut of £400k off his £1.75m salary I have noticed he's doing a bit more than his MOTD Saturday night slot these days, but I still think he is vastly overpaid along with all the other suspects Zoe Ball, Jeremy Vine and Winkleman.

Re Bashir - he is a scummy little weasel but to suggest, as Spencer did that he caused her death is crazy.  Jeremy Bowen was negotiating with Diana's mob for an interview and thought he was close to getting it when he was told to back off because Bashir was in.  Now was Diana going to give a totally different interview to Bowen than she did to Bashir?  Whas she not going to say "there were three people in this marriage" because she hadn't seen forged back statements?  Had she not already cooperated with Andrew Morton a couple of years before the Bashir interview in a book?

The BBC behaved badly in its handling of Bashir but can you tell me any other broadcaster who would lead their news programmes with the sort of 'mea culpa' we've seen from them in recent days?

Archived