onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BBC's Top Earners........

Mario

Advert

5 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

I echo the view of many.  How on earth did Gary Lineker and Zoe Ball become the top male and female earners?  Their limited ability, unoriginal vocabulary and lack of decisive analytical commentary about anything sums up the mess the BBC has got itself into in recent years.

That makes them sound terrible at their job, which personally I don’t think they are... but their salaries are way too high

They are not terrible, and I did not say they were. Although I accept your general point, and I think we are in broad agreement.  The fact that they are the highest paid should mean they are fabulous at their job, innovative, forward thinking trend setting, and the sort of people who draw in additional viewers and listeners.  The Radio 2 breakfast show has haemorrhaged listeners since Zoe Ball took over. I am one of them.  Does Gary Lineker add any viewers to MOTD?  Of course not.  Additionally, Mr Lineker is increasingly showing his political affiliations and compromising his need for neutrality.  He has been warned by the new DG, the crunch point is not far away I think.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/09/2020 at 23:53, Playa Amodores said:

Correct and the talentless Zoe Ball has had a £1m salary increase even though her number of listeners are down. She rode on the back of her father and ex husband. As someone else has said make it pay per view, younger ppl don’t watch main stream tv. Get rid of all the cosy  street employees, on the gravy train with their snouts in the trough.That way the older generation won’t need to pay for a tv licence.

Spot on,it's a bottomless pit and the fact that they receive around £4billion a year from funding and the EU gives them licence to pay these obscene salaries to whoever they want.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Beeb is facing another scandal after allegations of false and defamatory claims against senior Royals.

Princess Diana's brother Earl Spencer has called for a BBC inquiry over faked bank statements he says help secure his sister's interview with Panorama.

Nice to know your TV licence money is being well spent?

• 6 months later...

Six months later and all is revealed.Did BBC lies lead to the death of Princess Diana?

"The Dyson report shows a catalogue of moral,professional and editorial failures,it is a scar on the BBC" says BBC media editor Amol Rajan.Did 

What now for Bashir and his old bosses?

3 minutes ago, For Us All said:

He's on his deathbed, or so he'd have us believe.

Not surprisingly for a scandal that's been fully exposed 25 years after the fact, the culprits will get away with it and "lessons will be learned".

31 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Six months later and all is revealed.Did BBC lies lead to the death of Princess Diana?

"The Dyson report shows a catalogue of moral,professional and editorial failures,it is a scar on the BBC" says BBC media editor Amol Rajan.Did 

I thought she died because she got in a car driven by a drunk? A bit of a stretch to blame it on the BBC.

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

MI 5 lead to the death of Diana 

2 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

I thought she died because she got in a car driven by a drunk? A bit of a stretch to blame it on the BBC.

After the interview her protection was removed, that's why she was in the car with a drunk. From what I understand. 

She gave the interview because she was shown deliberately forged documents for the purpose of playing to her paranoia about people out to get her. I believe.

The reporter had the documents forged before he met her, which indicates intent.

The reporter stated numerous times that she produced the information, deception?

The BBC enquiry totally whitewashed their internal investigation to cover their collective and individual asses.

They knew it happened not long after it happened but did bugger all.

23 minutes ago, geosname said:

After the interview her protection was removed, that's why she was in the car with a drunk. From what I understand. 

She gave the interview because she was shown deliberately forged documents for the purpose of playing to her paranoia about people out to get her. I believe.

The reporter had the documents forged before he met her, which indicates intent.

The reporter stated numerous times that she produced the information, deception?

The BBC enquiry totally whitewashed their internal investigation to cover their collective and individual asses.

They knew it happened not long after it happened but did bugger all.

The driver wasn’t drunk there was cctv footage of him in the hotel walking around perfectly normal and at no time was there a drink in his hand do you think dodi fayed would get in a car with a drunk at the wheel 

4 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

The driver wasn’t drunk there was cctv footage of him in the hotel walking around perfectly normal and at no time was there a drink in his hand do you think dodi fayed would get in a car with a drunk at the wheel 

I was responding to the previous poster who stated  the driver was drunk.

Whether he was drunk or not is immaterial to the reason why she was in the car, why documents were forged for the BBC or why the BBC whitewashed it.

12 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/politics97/diana/driver.html

The Paris public prosecutors' office said in a statement: "The blood analysis revealed that the alcohol level was illegal."

Analysis indicated that Mr Paul had 175 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, compared with the legal limit of 50 milligrammes per 100 millilitres. The level equates to his having drunk more than a bottle of wine.

Under French law, blood-alcohol levels of between 50 and 80 milligrammes per 100 millilitres are regarded as a misdemeanour; levels over 80 are a crime. Levels vary throughout Europe. In the UK, there is a single limit of 80 milligrammes per 100 millilitres.

Bashir used deception to make sure it was him who got the scoop but had it not been him Diana would still have given the interview with somebody. Charles did an interview with Jonathan Dimbleby a year earlier where he lied about his relationship with Camilla. She was eager to give her side of the story and she wasn't tricked into saying anything she didn't want to say.

There had been stuff being played out between Charles and Di for years in the public domain and the damage had already been done a long time before 1995.

The tabloid press have no room to take any moral high ground on this.

Archived