Match Thread: FLC R2 Fleetwood Town v Port Vale

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I for one think Askey did absolutely the right thing with the team last night. The League Cup has never been kind to us and we’ve had two difficult away draws, plus what’s the point of having a p

We should be aiming to win this. If the Everton game is on sky, that's a lot of revenue. If it isn't, we will still get as much or maybe even more revenue from Vale and Everton fans buying it through

I've been impressed with Hurst. Sure some people watch the game with their backs turned to the screen. He's caused their right back all sorts of trouble. He's a young lad developing. Of course he'll h

Brisley keeps pulling up and holding his groin.

he was doing it before our last sub so I’m surprised we didn’t bring him off. Will need to see their goal again to see if a lack of mobility helped create them the space.

Edited by Iron Curtain

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

Joyce switched off, allowing his man to get goal side in space. Poor/rusty at the back again. 

The throw was crap, no one was anywhere there lad who headed it, it looked like Joyce was in 2 minds to go or not and he did neither and left space behind him. Unfortunately Hurst has switched off and is ball watching and it’s allowed his man to run off him into the space behind Joyce. 

Edited by PV1973

Thought we might get a bit of a hammering tonight so if it finishes 2-1, with arguably our reserve team, then I'm not gonna complain. Plenty to be positive about and I can't wait to see what we can do against a good Exeter side. Fleetwood have a good side, the likes of Madden, Evans and Morris would be among the best players in League Two. We've been second best overall but we've given them a game, and more importantly given a lot of our back up players (currently) some much needed game time.

• Like 2

It is basically a reserve game. You simply can’t expect to beat a team a league above with our 2nd string. 

Even so McKirdy looks very good, Crookes has put a good shift in and everyone looks convincing. 

The exception is Robinson who I’ve barely noticed except for his shocking miss. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

It is basically a reserve game. You simply can’t expect to beat a team a league above with our 2nd string. 

Even so McKirdy looks very good, Crookes has put a good shift in and everyone looks convincing. 

I’m not sure I like Robinson as a sole striker, doesn’t get involved enough.

Help i follow. Trying.to purchase match pass for £10. Logging in as told on Saturday by ticket office which didn't work btw! If I go to select package, and try it simply takes me to my.profile page. It shouldn't be this hard! Any ideas?

That's exactly what happened to me on Saturday, did my head in then all of a sudden on 84 mins started working.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Cullen definitely won't be losing any sleep tonight. But it's just one game and on another day he would have put away his one chance and people would have been saying that's exactly what good, clinical strikers do. Just think back to the days of Cecilia, Angus and Elliott and he'll seem like the lower league Thierry Henry!

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Thought he was very poor. You can’t be missing chances like that. In comparison to Cullen I’d have Cullen far ahead of him. 

Mckirdy looks like he will be an asset in league 2. Liked the look of hurst. Very raw but something there. Manny for me is comfortably our best Cm and looked very good tonight. 

Not too fussed by the score line. As you say basically a reserve side away from home against a strong league 1 side. Just a shame that we’ve missed a sitter and given away two awful goals. 

• Like 1

Oh well.  Lets concentrate on the other cups and league.  😜

JA and Co gave some 10 players a run and and at times it showed they are still getting match fit.  But shows how the squad has developed to all JA and Co to change so many players.

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

All I can say is.....well done Askey!!!

That is a very exciting line up and even if we lose, he’s 100% put the right team out for me!!

My God, just 2....yes TWO years ago what we’d have given for that as a first team. Now it’s arguably the ‘reserves’!!!

Askey out!!!