onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R2 Fleetwood Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

58 minutes ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

When I heard the team news and they had put out there first team I thought that we were going out and over the 90 mins I was proven right .

5/6 changes yes but 10 I thought well straight away we want to exit this competition as we had handed the  iniative straight to Fleetwood .

Over the 90 they were worthy winners they passed the ball better than us and with the help of a homer ref who constantly gave them free kick after free kick they deserved to progress .

As for Vale was impressed with Crookes at centre half Oyeleke/Whitehead had good games and Hurst looks a right decent player .

Robinson never won a header apart from heading wide late on ,he was poor missed a good chance first half and never got going ,yet Askey left him on so he must have seen something .

Mckirdy set up the goal ,seems like he as something about him but isn’t fit and Montano after a bit of a dodgy first half I thought was solid and decent as the game went on .

Dan Trickett Smith never got going a big ask paying against decent professional in Whelan .

Brisley was solid enough was weird seeing him playing the right side of defence with him being left footed ,winning goal for them was a very poor effort from whoever Morris’s man was think it was either his man or Millsy man .

Visser was very good two very good saves and no chance with the goals which from a Vale perspective were very poor but well worked and taken from a Fleetwood perspective .

My marks

Visser 7 

Mills 5 Brisley 6 Crookes 7 Montano 6 Hurst 7 Oyeleke 8 Whitehead 7 Mckirdy 5 Robinson 3 Dan Trickett Smith 4 

Subs Worrall 7 Burgess 5 Joyce 5 

Visser only 7?  Man of the match for me, bar a couple of errant kicks he was great.

Also think 3 for Robbo is a bit harsh.  The service to him was pretty poor bar the one chance.

Advert

20 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Visser only 7?  Man of the match for me, bar a couple of errant kicks he was great.

Also think 3 for Robbo is a bit harsh.  The service to him was pretty poor bar the one chance.

You’ll soon learn to not bother analysing these marks out of ten 🙂

16 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Visser 7 

Mills 5 Brisley 6 Crookes 7 Montano 6 Hurst 7 Oyeleke 8 Whitehead 7 Mckirdy 5 Robinson 3 Dan Trickett Smith 4 

I think I watched a different game.

On 15/09/2020 at 21:27, Walter said:
On 13/09/2020 at 17:43, philmpv said:
We weren't chosen for live coverage when we drew man city in the 3rd Round of the FA cup so I seriously doubt a third round carabao cup tie against an average PL team would be chosen

Funny that...salford v everton on tele tomorrow.

Sky. Gary Neville. Nuff said. 

On 16/09/2020 at 15:39, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

When I heard the team news and they had put out there first team I thought that we were going out and over the 90 mins I was proven right .

5/6 changes yes but 10 I thought well straight away we want to exit this competition as we had handed the  iniative straight to Fleetwood .

Over the 90 they were worthy winners they passed the ball better than us and with the help of a homer ref who constantly gave them free kick after free kick they deserved to progress .

As for Vale was impressed with Crookes at centre half Oyeleke/Whitehead had good games and Hurst looks a right decent player .

Robinson never won a header apart from heading wide late on ,he was poor missed a good chance first half and never got going ,yet Askey left him on so he must have seen something .

Mckirdy set up the goal ,seems like he as something about him but isn’t fit and Montano after a bit of a dodgy first half I thought was solid and decent as the game went on .

Dan Trickett Smith never got going a big ask paying against decent professional in Whelan .

Brisley was solid enough was weird seeing him playing the right side of defence with him being left footed ,winning goal for them was a very poor effort from whoever Morris’s man was think it was either his man or Millsy man .

Visser was very good two very good saves and no chance with the goals which from a Vale perspective were very poor but well worked and taken from a Fleetwood perspective .

My marks

Visser 7 

I felt similar. I think 5/6 changes would have kept a spine of a team which would have been recognisable and a useful benchmark for league games. A whole 10 changes gels is nothing if those players can player together or if it is a valid team to put out in future. 

On 16/09/2020 at 07:17, Biddulph_PV said:

I for one think Askey did absolutely the right thing with the team last night.

The League Cup has never been kind to us and we’ve had two difficult away draws, plus what’s the point of having a plum tie against Everton when you can’t go and see it?? 

Last year we had a good 11, this year we’ve got a strong 22+ and all of those players will want game time otherwise there will be some discontent which we don’t want. That is the trade off.

Last night was arguably the least important game of the season for me but one where we’ve seen a battling generally performance against strong opposition, game time for younger players (Hurst, DTS) plus seen our reserve goalie put in a very good performance.

I’m sure there’d have been an opportunity to stream the game which which would have brought in much needed finance. We got so excited about being involved in that pointless trophy competition last season that brought in a reported £100k that took numerous games to achieve. Yes the money was good but the effort drained our players and could be the reason we missed out on a play off or promotion 

Archived