onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R2 Fleetwood Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

This forum is full of people who see there arse the second you say anything negative about a player, it’s a discussion on the game Robinson had 0 contribution for 90 minutes literally did nothing people are allowed to critise a performance- I hope that he comes good for us and proves us wrong but to me personally he looks no different to the first time we had him 
This forum is also full of people that see THEIR arse if we have a striker that doesn't score a hat trick every game.

We lost to a scrappy couple of goals with our reserve team against a 1st team in a league higher than us. Why single out anyone?

Advert

Obviously disappointing to lose but it could be of long-term benefit to have a few free midweeks coming up. (with just 1 EFL Trophy fixture in the next 4 midweeks).

Also great to hear that Oyeleke had a good game. IMO he's the best player we've got and is potentially the best midfielder in the division, and could be the difference in us finishing top 3 or not.

Just now, valeparklife said:

This forum is also full of people that see THEIR arse if we have a striker that doesn't score a hat trick every game.

We lost to a scrappy couple of goals with our reserve team against a 1st team in a league higher than us. Why single out anyone?

Where has anyone mentioned him not scoring a hat trick ? He literally did nothing for 90 minutes made 0 positive contributions in the game. I don’t mind a striker not scoring but he did nothing in terms of holding the call up or getting in behind. Link up play non existence. Let there cbs have a easy time. Missed a chance he should of been scoring. And it’s forum where we discuss the performance of players why can’t you discuss someone playing poorly? We’re all adults here if I do bad at work I get told I’m not performing what’s the difference 

I thought Hurst showed some promise. I think it's easy to forget how inexperienced he is. That was only his third senior appearance and clearly League Two footballers don't emerge fully formed. I think a couple more starts in the FL Trophy and he could be pushing for a place in the squad.

I wonder if Whitehead has edged ahead of Burgess for the next League game? He looked really good I felt. As did Manny but I suspect the club will want to ease him in gradually and not rush into giving him a League start.

Robinson was off the pace tonight but I think that's to be expected with the lack of a pre season. Yes, he missed one tonight but I reckon he needs more than two starts before people start getting on his back. 

41 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Was quite impressed overall tonight.

Positives for me were manny (we went backwards when Joyce came on), Hurst, Visser and mckirdy (second half).

Negatives were crookes (his distribution is still worful) and Robinson.

With regard to Robinson, he seemed to suffer the same fate as pope does in that for whatever reason our back line seems to take the easy option of just lumping it up to the big no 9. Do wish they'd stop that and have a bit more confidence.

Manny must start for me on Saturday.

Disagree on Crookes, he looks far better at centre half than left back. Up against some tricky forwards he did ok.

In defence of Theo, he had little or no service consistent with the type of player he is, apart from the one chance he had. Every Vale striker - Tom, Cullen (as on Saturday when he missed from six yards) and many others - has missed similar chances. It's no good hoofing the ball as we did in the last 20 minutes for a striker that needs the ball played to his feet or through the channels. Not a good performance tonight but it's one game. He will come good during the season, especially when we're at full strength.

Where has anyone mentioned him not scoring a hat trick ? He literally did nothing for 90 minutes made 0 positive contributions in the game. I don’t mind a striker not scoring but he did nothing in terms of holding the call up or getting in behind. Link up play non existence. Let there cbs have a easy time. Missed a chance he should of been scoring. And it’s forum where we discuss the performance of players why can’t you discuss someone playing poorly? We’re all adults here if I do bad at work I get told I’m not performing what’s the difference 
How many minutes has he played and he's already being written off?

He's probably still not fully fit, and was playing against top 7 L1 quality opposition tonight.

He's probably still not fully fit, and was playing against top 7 L1 quality opposition tonight.

8 minutes ago, robf said:

I thought Hurst showed some promise. I think it's easy to forget how inexperienced he is. That was only his third senior appearance and clearly League Two footballers don't emerge fully formed. I think a couple more starts in the FL Trophy and he could be pushing for a place in the squad.

I wonder if Whitehead has edged ahead of Burgess for the next League game? He looked really good I felt. As did Manny but I suspect the club will want to ease him in gradually and not rush into giving him a League start.

Robinson was off the pace tonight but I think that's to be expected with the lack of a pre season. Yes, he missed one tonight but I reckon he needs more than two starts before people start getting on his back. 

Don't think there's much between Burgess and Whitehead. On tonight and Saturday's performance, I'd say our best midfield three are Manny, Joyce and Conlon. 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Nobody has written him off I said in a previous comment I hope he proves me wrong.im just going off what I’ve seen he would need to majorly improve to have any chance of breaking into the starting line up for a league game

22 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Because the one that’s being singled out missed basically an open goal. What do you expect? Dosent matter about fitness or opposition. Any striker should score that. 

Nobody has written him off I said in a previous comment I hope he proves me wrong.im just going off what I’ve seen he would need to majorly improve to have any chance of breaking into the starting line up for a league game
Is 17 minutes vs Scunthorpe and 90 minutes against L1 Fleetwood enough time to judge a player compared to his goal record over the last 2 seasons?

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think he needs match fitness.

He's had no pre-season and he'd getting used to new team mates, a new manager, a new system and probably loads of other things associated with switching clubs. That's a fair bit to take in. 

I reckon he'd be the first to admit he was off the pace tonight but that was just his second start so far. I think with Pope out and Cullen having had his fitness issues, an unfit Robinson has probably had more game time this early than Vale anticipated. As a result, he looked off it tonight but it may be a different story when he had ten starts under his belt.

I remember a few seasons ago, Doug Loft missed pre-season and was castigated by some fans. The next season he was captain of a promotion winning side. Loads of people have said if you miss the pre-season then it really sets you back so in my view he just needs to be given time and for fans to be patient with him. He may be an entirely different prospect ten games in.

Archived